Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

But you don't need to open AS "anymore or every time" or at anytime, or use the MCDU. (your beta tester reporting this to you should know that, no disrespect and I would have thought you would have know that Emanuel anyway)

It does look pretty granted.

But..

Just tune 122.00 for where you currently are ATIS report or 122.02 for your destinations airport weather  ATIS report and have it clearly read out to you. I've never opened AS to see the weather or to know what the report is. It's one of the many fantastic things AS does.

-----------------------------------------

If trueglass is not worth 2.6 seconds for the immersion I don't know what is. There are lots of ways to get that 2.6 seconds back if anyone so needs. The feeling of the rain from Trueglass is a wonderful immersion factor. Also to have the option to disable makes it a no brainer.

A wonderful addition to your Airbus or any aircraft.

Depends on your view on what "realism" is. At the point in your flight where you typically should begin your descent and approach planning you will in real life not yet be in range to recieve the ATIS by voice.
Keep in mind VHF radio waves propagate in line of sight. You can calculate the range to get the ATIS with 1,25 times the squareroot of the altitude reciever station minus the altitude of the transmitter station.

You'll see that you can't get the ATIS at that distance yet.

At least I myself typically start preparing the descend about 150NM from the T/D and at that point also get myself the weather (of course lateron I recheck it to get the current ATIS, etc.).
Let's say you're at FL370, so you need about 120NM for your descend. Add 150 before the T/D for the planning and you're at 270NM from the airport. No way you could recieve a voice ATIS at that point in your flight.

That's my view on realism. Yours may differ and and view of all others here may also be different from each other. That's the good thing, we're in FS here so everyone can do what he wants and what he thinks suits him best.

Time to post and say good luck with the release - it's looking good!

A question - I looked back and saw I purchased the bundle back in 2015 (318 - 321).

As per the list above it will of course be two products 318/319 & 320/321 - how will purchasing discount work ? Will I get the discount on both ? tbh I am only interested in the 320/321 series, and 330 :)

- Carl

Well I'm not going to get into a argument with you Emanuel. 

You have a weather report and what to expect before you even leave the ground. PFPX for the sim gives you this, so you have a idea and that's all it is and 150nm out of TOD is no more of an idea. But when close enough ATIS is the one to use. Normally TOD is a nice time. Until you get an ATIS it's just an idea of what to expect and not to be used or thought of as the one to enter in your MCDU. Even on approach it can change. But you listen to approach ATC for all that.

AS is the only way to get an ATIS at the range you could get it IRL. So that's good  realism

So personally when I use AS ATIS report it is in range and PFPX for the "could be" report.

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well I'm not going to get into a argument with you. 

You have a weather report and what to expect before you even leave the ground. PFPX for the sim give you this, so you have a idea and that's all it is and 150nm out of TOD is no more of an idea. But when close enough ATIS is the one to use. Normally TOD is a nice time. Until you get an ATIS it's just an idea of what to expect and not to be used or thought of as the one to enter in your MCDU. Even on approach it can change. But you listen to approach ATC for all that.

That's the beauty of flight simulation, everybody can do it differently and that's not a problem at all.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes you will be able to get the discounted version, no problems there.

Thank you - let's say if i did buy 318/319 to get me started and then 320/321 ? Discount on both or one ? (Just curious) :)

2 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

That's the beauty of flight simulation, everybody can do it differently and that's not a problem at all.

True :)

44 minutes ago, emmeth said:

Sorry but this recent one seems to have fallen unanswered several times :

Question : are gear shock absorbers reproduced ? I mean the effect which compress landing gears shock absorbers while touching down ? 

A simple yes or no would be enough

Thx

yes

vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I do see some impact as expected.

39 fps when TrueGlass is off

36.4 when TrueGlass is on.

To complete, without rain TrueGlass has no influence at all steady 

at 41 fps

Hm, then I am happy that I dont see any difference in FPS on my Client :-P Possible that it is different between different Hardware and Sim settings dont know :) Thanks for that detailed inforation but anyway, roundabout 3fps is not really high :D

23 minutes ago, blocks_off said:

Thank you - let's say if i did buy 318/319 to get me started and then 320/321 ? Discount on both or one ? (Just curious) :)

As you bought both packages you will get of course also the update discount on both packages. As Mathijs said, don't expect any problems when it comes to the update discount ;) 

Mathijs any new word on takeoff performance calculations. I asked previously and you said you'd talk to the team. 

Thanks 

5 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

"Isn't it really great that I don't have to open ASP4 anymore, or switch between a dozen MCDU pages, just to get my METAR? Previously I had to open the ASP4 window every time (I don't like their in sim menu) I needed wx info and now I can just print it out virtually and look at it on my window!

I also like how clear it is shown there, not squeezed into small MCDU pages making it hard to read. This is a true step forward in our virtual aviation community!"

5 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

or you can siwcht 122.000 for departure atis or 122.250 por arrival atis with AS, and dont need to go to the menu. But anayway yes its a great great great great great feture! Congrats!

8 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

or you can siwcht 122.000 for departure atis or 122.250 por arrival atis with AS, and dont need to go to the menu. But anayway yes its a great great great great great feture! Congrats!

You need to read though the topic Eduard and its 122.025 (122.02) ;)

I think Tom would pay a huge amount of money for people to just read the page there on and save him countless hours, or even the last reply before posting might due!. Poor guy.

Tom whats coming first the 320 or 318.......................................;):P:D Is it going to have trueglass BTW I need to know that also? :rolleyes:

vor 18 Stunden , A340-4 sagte:

Yes, true glass is great, but it sucks as far as the performance. From the video that I have seen from Mathias, the fps is as bad with it as the TFDI 717. I really hope that option of removing the true glass option will be implemented. 

Don´t blame trueglass too much for that lol. What is needed that it rains? Clouds probably? And those have transparent material values means, their computation is much harder than with solid objects. Then you get much of them on overcast skies.... You can witness that frame loss also without any trueglass active btw....

Indeed, transparent objects are framerate killers. In FSX it was very serious, in P3D V4 more or less normal.

For me personally going from 39 fps to 36.4 fps doesn't qualify as an fps-loss. Especially in my case, since I cap my fps to 30, which is perfectly flyable and that's all that matters for me. I remember the days when I flew at 20 fps and had no problem with it whatsoever... I was actually happy when I got that high. Sadly I spoiled myself a little, that is why I won't cap it at any higher than 30, even if my PC were to easily handle it with two broken limbs.

True Glass is a bless that was missing into flight sims for 20 years. Ok, that's not good as f.i. Project Cars 2 rain & snow effects ok, but within a dozen of years also flight sims hopefully will reach Project cars 2 rain & snow effects.

So far, True Glass is a must have nowdays and if 3-5 fps is the prize, no problem, because f.i. FSLabs A320 drains around a dozen of fps itself alone compared to all third party planes.

I used the search function and found one or two similar questions but didn't find an answer to it. How does trueglass behave in snow conditions? Will it be shown just like rain because the snow melts on the cockpit windows due to active window heating (which could be realistic) or does it appear different to rain, like some kind of slushy ice? My feeling tells me that the snow flocks will not melt immediately when contacting the windscreen.

Unfortunately I don't know how it's like in real life so maybe that would be the answer already. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

As you bought both packages you will get of course also the update discount on both packages. As Mathijs said, don't expect any problems when it comes to the update discount ;) 

Thx Tom / Mathijs :)

1 hour ago, Meyerflyer said:

I do not understand your post Mathijs, sorry.

There is no snow effect, only rain. We have asked the devs of TrueGlass about that and as the intend to look at icing and fogging up (useful for the DC8, but it simply is almost unknown of on a modern Airbus) there might be options. But out of our hands, we'll include what is offered.

Geez, I didn't even know that Trueglass and Reallight would be in the Aerosoft Airbus series. That is really good to hear. I have been debating with myself which one to purchase, this one or FS Labs. I think I am going to go with Aerosoft for a couple of reasons.

1. Be nice that the whole family from A318 to A330 will be from same developer. That way I just come here for updates, issues, etc... Maybe they also offer discounts in the future for those that buy all their products, kinda like airlines get discounts on bulk orders in real world. Say if you own A318 through A320, when A321 comes out you get discount. 

2. Like the Trueglass and Reallight for immersion factor. 

Couple things that I need to figure out beforehand is:

1. Will navdata be updateable with Navigraph? I know thats a competitor of Aerosoft NavDataPro but use them for the Charts Cloud app on my tablet that NavDataPro does not have. 

2. Does wx radar work with ASP4 from HiFi? 

3. How well my hardware interfaces. I have a seperate tiller from JetMax, yoke, rudders, toe brakes, throttle quadrant, etc... I need to be able to link it all through a paid version of fsuipc or like in FSLabs, through the interface in the MCDU.