Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Are we only talking about the A318, or the A318/A319 package? In this last case I would certainly prefer the A318/A319 first! If it is only the A318 I would still prefer it, only because I cannot wait any longer to get my hands on the new bus :)

10 minutes ago, Er!k said:

Are we only talking about the A318, or the A318/A319 package? In this last case I would certainly prefer the A318/A319 first! If it is only the A318 I would still prefer it, only because I cannot wait any longer to get my hands on the new bus :)

As far as I can understand from Mathijs' comment, it's only the A318 which are being considered for 'early' release...

I that case, I would actually prefer it, if they release the full package at once, instead of one aircraft at a time.

I think a release of an A318 or the A318/319 package first is a good idea. Sure, there are not a lot of A318 flying and mabye the heavy realistic simmers here prefere the right plane on the realistic route with face or real Airlines but for me it's only important that I can fly an Airbus. Anyhow, with an A318 I can approach or take off at more Airports as with an A320. Innsbruck for example. Very challenging and better to handle with an A318. At the moment I'm using more A318 than A320 in P3Dv3 because of this case and my more shorter inner-europe routes. I think with only the A318 on the market for a few month, liveries come by themselves ;). Just relax and drink a cup of tea.

I will say thank you to all aerosoft developers and testers. They are working hard to bring us the best planes on the planet on our screens. :hi_s:

Thanks for your reply Mathijs. Maybe I set up both sims for different situations, e.g. P3D for IFR and X-Plane for VFR Flights. I Have another question about the aircraft states:

Can we have a boarding or before engine start state? I know that one is able to create customized aircraft states, but I guess this could be a nice default state for all pilots who are flying for virtual airlines.

//last sentence removed by mod due to fakenews//

Seems clear that Airbus believes the Bombardier CS100/300 is a suitable replacement for its A318s so maybe the CS100 will be next aircraft on the list to develop although its probably too new to get real data. 

A318 will still work for this project since its the guinea pig on testing and searching for bugs, and therefore could be related to the bigger busses seeing that they share very similar systems. 

15 minutes ago, Hightower said:

A318 will still work for this project since its the guinea pig on testing and searching for bugs, and therefore could be related to the bigger busses seeing that they share very similar systems. 

I agree, in the end it is a home simulator, so I can work with an a318 first, it is very similar to the larger a319 and a321.  It would be good to get flying an airbus in p3d v4 (much needed at this stage) and then get the larger ones once they are tested and released later.  As  Hightower said, the a318 is the test bed, so sure I would be happy to start with that to get flying again.  If the a320 delays further we won't be effected as much as we will be busy flying and learning the airbus already... the cockpits and the systems are the same. :unsure:

I think both options are good as both have pro's and con's.

Release the A318 first

Pro: We get something to fly in P3D v4, the A319/A320/A321 will probably have less bugs at release due to experience with the A318

Con: Probably later release of 319/320/321, people want to fly their bus in the right version with the right livery and don't want to fly the A318, so for them there only stands a further "time-loss" in waiting for the A320.

Personally I am exactly at 50:50 which option to choose but I appreciate asking us for the decision.

vor 15 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

It really means nothing for a release date, but this afternoon I decided we are 'feature ready' (the import of weather data was the last thing we had to decide on) and we moved on to pure testing mode. We got hundreds of issues to sort out but the whole team is on 'fixing', not 'making'.  

One issue we need to decide on next tuesday (when we have our weekly meeting) is that most work is now done on the A318. That is because of a decision made many many years ago. A bad one as the A320 would have been better but one of these things we have to live with. We need to decide if we shift to the A320 and take some delay or release the baby bus first. In our team the baby bus is favorite. 

Great news :) 

I need to agree with the previous posts, I have mixed feelings too.
Having an Airbus back in the P3Dv4 would be really nice, but and that's the point, I  have never flown the Babybus in the past - but only cause of the possibility of the A321 (my favorit :D )  - but probably if you release it first, I will only fly the Babybus because I like it much :P

I would appriciate to have a Bus back in the Sim with a pre-release but the question is, please dont missunderstand me know, are the other aircrafts are still not ready for a pre-release. Personally I would accept it and live with some features they are not implemented yet in the buses which will be deliverd later with an update.

If you do an pre-release of the baby bus - will there be a full installer later, if the full package is availabe.

An idea would be, to offer a special full Package price, where the Price of the A318 will be refunded to all customers, who bougth the A318 first.

I personally prefere full installers :)

Have a great!

Cheers

Personally used the A318 a lot & would love to get that ASAP - Let's face it we will buy them all anyway!

Bring it on I say....

2 hours ago, Meyerflyer said:

I think both options are good as both have pro's and con's.

Release the A318 first

Pro: We get something to fly in P3D v4, the A319/A320/A321 will probably have less bugs at release due to experience with the A318

Con: Probably later release of 319/320/321, people want to fly their bus in the right version with the right livery and don't want to fly the A318, so for them there only stands a further "time-loss" in waiting for the A320.

Personally I am exactly at 50:50 which option to choose but I appreciate asking us for the decision.

I'm not too sure if the Baby Bus is released first that it will significantly delay the A320

When I go out to dinner I am happy to recieve the soup first.   I would however be rather disapointed if the wait for the main course and the dessert are too long......would have to have a really good complimentary cheeseplatter to make up for that:)

Seriously, if it is ready get it out, but do not slow down on the rest.

vor 3 Minuten, harrry sagte:

When I go out to dinner I am happy to recieve the soup first.   I would however be rather disapointed if the wait for the main course and the dessert are too long......would have to have a really good complimentary cheeseplatter to make up for that:)

Seriously, if it is ready get it out, but do not slow down on the rest.

OFFTOPIC: Awsome comment :D Now, I am hungry at work -.- ^^

if so would it be possible to pay for the ugrade bundle when the 18/19 is released and then whenever the other 2 are ready no need to go through the whole re purchase all over again

I only ask as I bout the bundle from simmarket i think it will be too messy to try and ask to the discount per release

As I understand it from Mathijs pinned post, the busses will be released in packages:

• Aerosoft A318/A319 Professional
  • Aerosoft A320/A321 Professional
  • Aerosoft A330 Professional

If you decide to release the A318 first, does that mean the A319 will be a free update?

I know he also said "full versions will cost just under 50 Euro. We still have to decide on the update and full prices of possible bundles. Will be okay. Of course prices can always change".

noting that many people bought the original as a bundle, Im just wondering how will it be managed with resellers

What a loooong agony is this soap release period.... after so many delays now delays again, that is quite funny the honest

Well I have explained several times who we choose the development path we are doing but I will repeat it next week. In the meantime there is a superb A320 for P3d V4 available and if you can live with the price that's a very good product. 

vor 42 Minuten, emmeth sagte:

What a loooong agony is this soap release period.... after so many delays now delays again, that is quite funny the honest

Where you read that something is delayed, I haven't read anything about a delay? I only read that Aerosoft thinks about to pre-release the Babybus before all other aircrafts, probably i missed something... This kind of comments are your personal oppinion and we need to accept it but frustrating for the devs I guess :-S

See it from the other site - would you like to have an Airbug(s) with an too early release or an Airbus with a little bit later release? :D

I'd also like to see the Babybus being released first.

First of all because after i upgraded to P3Dv4 i have flown only a bit with my 737 but i really prefer having my Airbus-fleet back. Furthermore i have not been flying for about 2 months...
with the Babybus i would immediately jump on the captains seat and fly that thing :)

In addition most of the people prefer (i think) the A320 version, so they'd be "forced" to fly the A318 and see what an amazing little piece of aircraft it is ;)

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

and if you can live with the price that's a very good product. 

I can live with the price, I just can’t with the specs, haha. 

But seriously, I’m eagerly waiting for the A318. Keep up the good work! 

Cheers. 

So when is the release date?  

.... kidding!!!

I'd like to add a request to include native support for GSX (especially refueling aspect and de-ice) ... example:  https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/500848-explanation-of-lindas-gsx-door-service/ should all be available via SimConnect and I believe Umberto is very willing to provide assistance to developers using GSX API.

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

.........ment path we are doing but I will repeat it next week. In the meantime there is ..........

hmmmmmm :hi_s:  Why next week? what is going to happen next week! 

hahaha just kidding i feel like a joker this week :banghead1_s:

If it's ready why not bring it out? I'm always on the side of going one type at a time and bring out what's already done rather than waiting for the entire family. I mean why wait until T for everything when you can get parts at T-x, T-y and T-z?? Yes fair enough T might be skewed a little due to support. But honestly if it pushes the bigger busses by a month or so, I'd still take the baby to have something to play with in the meantime. Furthermore it will enable the developers to better stabilize the expansions, because more feedback is given. I'm a Nay-sayer for releasing officially unfinished products, but I am a Yay-sayer for partial release when items are already finished.