Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

4 minutes ago, emmeth said:

Basically you enjoy the product when you go from A to B with basic features, instead of the cockpit printer I would prefer to be able to import easily a flight plan instead of fiddling hours dealing with rocket science procedure to import a Company flight plan.

Cheers

What is the problem with the present way to load a flightplan?

What would you like to see improved there?

9 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

What is the problem with the present way to load a flightplan?

What would you like to see improved there?

Well, I am a PMDG customer as well as FSLABS one but I am very very inetrested in Aerosoft A320 and A330. I do not know to be honest how many features the new Aerosoft busses will have but one that let me hate the FSLabs A320 is that loading the most basic feature requires years of failing and years of frustration, despite the manual describes it like drinking a glass of water.

Aerosoft seems to me quite inetrested in customers ( and potential ones ) feedbacks therefore my list. An important point is how easy to import Co-route flight plans. I do not know now how they are implemented now but I hope it will be easy like PMDG, not impossible like FSLabs.

I abandoned FLabs A320 for two reasons, Co-Route issue and FPS therefore I hope Aerosoft will match more than one point on my list.

Thanks !

2 minutes ago, emmeth said:

Well, I am a PMDG customer as well as FSLABS one but I am very very inetrested in Aerosoft A320 and A330. I do not know to be honest how many features the new Aerosoft busses will have but one that let me hate the FSLabs A320 is that loading the most basic feature requires years of failing and years of frustration, despite the manual describes it like drinking a glass of water.!

Even in our present A320 series you can do it quite easy: Export the route with your favorite flightplanner (like PFPX), then just enter the CoRoute name on the INIT A page and it'll be loaded.
Pretty much the same as you do it in your PMDG aircraft.

On top of that, if you have an already stored route between your departure and destination airport that route will be previews and suggested to you if you enter the airportpair on the INIT A page and then you can load it with one click.

29 minutes ago, emmeth said:

That lead me to think there are many many many months of gap between now and the release date, anyway here are my 2 cents :

Do you know the current Aerosoft buses or have followed this topic lately? 

I only see one point on your feature list that isn't already part of the current buses or haven't been already announced as a feature for the new ones: 2.

46 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Even in our present A320 series you can do it quite easy: Export the route with your favorite flightplanner (like PFPX), then just enter the CoRoute name on the INIT A page and it'll be loaded.
Pretty much the same as you do it in your PMDG aircraft.

On top of that, if you have an already stored route between your departure and destination airport that route will be previews and suggested to you if you enter the airportpair on the INIT A page and then you can load it with one click.

Excellent news, thanks a lot for your attention and quick answer. 

I assume FPS will be under control as well. ( ? )  In my new 8700K and OC 1080Ti the FSLabs A320 has sow few FPS that I am counting the days to the Aerosoft counterpart release !

33 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Do you know the current Aerosoft buses or have followed this topic lately? 

I only see one point on your feature list that isn't already part of the current buses or haven't been already announced as a feature for the new ones: 2.

Well, in this case you have found the suggestion you were looking for :)

Sound is important when you are " alone " in the sky, even psw voices and cabin crew announcments are important to render the athmosphere.

I read " very early for A320 and Early for A330 ", as per your words if even the numeber 10 in my list is already part of new Pro Products, I expect the A320 to be released within February and the A330 within April :)

8 minutes ago, emmeth said:

Sound is important when you are " alone " in the sky, even psw voices and cabin crew announcments are important to render the athmosphere.

TBH, most of these sounds you mentioned can not be heard in the cockpit in real life. ;)

But this point has already been dicussed to death.

8 minutes ago, emmeth said:

Again my question: do you know the current Aerosoft buses?

If so you would know that they already come with lots of those sounds you are requesting, even ATC background chatter if you like even different accents of your FO to work the checklists with you. 

1 hour ago, emmeth said:

1) Co-route easy to load into MCDU.

Isn't that already possible in the current airbus?

1 hour ago, emmeth said:

2) EFB where you can load airport charts

Has already been discussed extensively. Try using the search function. IMO, an EFB simply isn't efficient and usable in a VC.

1 hour ago, emmeth said:

3) ASN wx integration

Again, use the search function. The weather radar is the same as in the current airbus. See post from Frank here

1 hour ago, emmeth said:

4) Co-pilot which can help you on check lists and radio management

A job for FS2Crew ultimately. A First Officer is implemented I believe, though. 

1 hour ago, emmeth said:

5) Multiple and customizable camera views

Already available in the current airbus.

1 hour ago, emmeth said:

6) Real engines, flaps and cockpit sounds taken from reality

Is already taken from real life. 

1 hour ago, emmeth said:

7) Rain effects, snow etc on the glass  shield ( True Glass full integration )

TrueGlass is implemented. Other effects is a job for an Immersion package, IMO.

1 hour ago, emmeth said:

8) Crew voices and psx announcements

Again - FS2Crew ultimately.

1 hour ago, emmeth said:

9) Proper wheel rain spray effects

See 7

1 hour ago, emmeth said:

10) No more delays in release date communications

Uhm - are you serious??? The airbus is ready, when Aerosoft deem it ready, and not a moment before. Delays and unforseen problems are an inevitable part of software development.

1 hour ago, emmeth said:

According to Mathis' recent statement there is still time for suggestions, I'll release a few ones.

Well, would it help to know that almost all of your list IS already done and ready? And that we have already shown it? 

Btw, news from Lockheed, they will look next week at the issue we reported. So fingers crossed! We lost a solid week on this but things might be solved soon.

28 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Btw, news from Lockheed, they will look next week at the issue we reported. So fingers crossed! We lost a solid week on this but things might be solved soon.

What issue?

57 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Isn't that already possible in the current airbus?

Has already been discussed extensively. Try using the search function. IMO, an EFB simply isn't efficient and usable in a VC.

Again, use the search function. The weather radar is the same as in the current airbus. See post from Frank here

A job for FS2Crew ultimately. A First Officer is implemented I believe, though. 

Already available in the current airbus.

Is already taken from real life. 

TrueGlass is implemented. Other effects is a job for an Immersion package, IMO.

Again - FS2Crew ultimately.

See 7

Uhm - are you serious??? The airbus is ready, when Aerosoft deem it ready, and not a moment before. Delays and unforseen problems are an inevitable part of software development.

Thanks for your answers, I would post a reply but I miss a valid point :)

50 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, would it help to know that almost all of your list IS already done and ready? And that we have already shown it? 

Aerosoft / Mathijs' approach against customers and potential ones in terms of communication is quite a rare example of thick attention toward the customer. Appreciated a lot, thanks.

I am now on route for my Aerosoft A330. Btw, nice and classy touch to add True Glass effects ! 

21 minutes ago, emmeth said:

Aerosoft / Mathijs' approach against customers and potential ones in terms of communication is quite a rare example of thick attention toward the customer. Appreciated a lot, thanks.

70% of your feature list is already part of the current Aerosoft airbuses for many years. 20% has been already announced (and show cased) here in this topic to be part of the upcoming news Airbuses. 

You have proven that you have no clue what you are talking about when coming up with your suggestions. 

And then finally you rant against Aerosoft for being put right on this?

This has nothing to do with improper customer communication. There is nothing wrong in telling you that 70% of your wishes are already in the product for many years. And there is also nothing wrong in telling you that 20% are already announced to be part of the next version (the forum search in the top right corner of this page is of great help when it comes to learn about what is already announced). 

Please don't turn your mistake of refusing to listen to the first replies here in this topic into ranting against Aerosoft.

43 minutes ago, José Alberto said:

What issue?

Please read a few pages back in this topic. It has been explained by Mathijs a few times already. 

35 minutes ago, emmeth said:

I am now on route for my Aerosoft A330. Btw, nice and classy touch to add True Glass effects ! 

Hi Emmeth,

maybe you meant "close attention"? The term "thick attention" sounds offensive ("thick" is sometimes used like "dumb" in English), but judging from the rest of your post it appears that this may not be what you intended?!

Peter

20 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

Hi Emmeth,

maybe you meant "close attention"? The term "thick attention" sounds offensive ("thick" is sometimes used like "dumb" in English), but judging from the rest of your post it appears that this may not be what you intended?!

Peter

Clearly I am not a mothertongue and I meant " close attention " or " excellent attention " sorry for misusing the word " thick " which the web translated into -> 

synonyms:

plentiful, abundant, profuse, luxuriant, bushy, rich, riotous, exuberant

Peter you understood the real meaning which was intended to make a strong compliment to Aerosoft customer relationship, assuming " strong " means good, very good and robust. :)

Of course Tom A320 I have no clue about what Aerosoft products offer infact I am going to buy one and I apolgize if you get me wrong but Peter got me right despite my poor english so my intentions were good.

Cheers

ps. with so many synonyms of " thick " why TomA320 have you picked up just the most obscure one ? :)

2 minutes ago, generale84 said:

any news about WIP my friends?

Not much happened during the christmas/new year period. 

I will make my first 2018 testflight today and see if anything worth posting about is added. 

I'm Really missing the Bus in P3dV4 - shots look great & really looking forward to this release.

Good to let the CRJ and 737 get some time but there really is nothing like the Airbus 

In the new versions of the Aerosoft Airbus will the grey stripe on the wing be aligned with the rest of the wing on flaps 1? on the current one it seems like it doesn't move when applying flaps 1.

Airbus grauer Strich.jpg

12 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

A few from my last flight:

[...] 

To me it looks great !  Those rain effects are a classy touch indeed 

Please keep up updated ! Thx

Question : are gear shock absorbers reproduced ? I mean the effect which compress landing gears shock absorbers while touching down ?