Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

7 minutes ago, Jlunddk said:

I don't understand why you will even consider buying Aerosofts A330, if you think their products isn't up to par with what you need or want in a simulator. You mention FSlabs A320 being so much better than Aerosofts NOT EVEN RELEASED YET A320, how do you know?

Given the features, which are revealed in the upcoming Aerosoft Airbus, it's rather safe to say, that the FSLabs and Aerosoft Airbus cater to different simmers. That said, I won't into which is better - that's for the individual customer and simmer to decide. That debate, is exhausted a long time ago - and you won't find an answer. Besides, it's not about which is better or worse! Comparing these products is just pointless, if you ask me.

8 minutes ago, Jlunddk said:

So by all means, fly the competitors apparently better and MUCH more expensive aircraft, but please don't bash a product you haven't even seen yet.

On a side note, as far as I can see, he wasn't bashing the Aerosoft Airbus!! I don't really know how you reached that conclusion. He was merely expressing his own and personal opinion about it - which he's entitled to. Besides, if you read his post, you can clearly understand, that it's his own opinion. Something which quite frankly is a rare thing to see... 

So please, please stop being so offensive about it.

Thank you. 

I think that if you followed this topic you have a VERY good idea how this product will be like. And if not, why not simply ask? If you check you will see that nearly all questions posted have been replied to very openly. We have very little to hide.

Mathijs,

I do indeed like the idea of a server and the page looks amazing... I am especially hoping it solves the issues of helping people who aren't that advanced in technology help to connect. The elimination of computer 2 computer connection would be really helpful as in the past I have needed to use a VPN service (LogMeIn Hamachi) to start CFD sessions and it is very hard to help people to get things started sometimes.

I really look forward to the possibility of this implementation 

Also... dimmable VC lights... yay

2 hours ago, Eduard Gasull said:

can i ask for animation of all doors, specially for a321, for 2 jetways boarding ops? pleas please please

This doesnt happen IRL. The second door Back/2L/2R is used in emergency procedures and not boarding/de-boarding 99% of the time

3 hours ago, Oracle said:

This doesnt happen IRL. 

This is a very normal way of boarding and deboarding IRL for the A321 models. 

8 hours ago, Oracle said:

This doesnt happen IRL. The second door Back/2L/2R is used in emergency procedures and not boarding/de-boarding 99% of the time

Iberia used to do this long ago maybe in 2004, i so in the airbridge Madrid- Barcelona. Bussines and special passengers boarding at the main front Left door, and normal passengers and economy at the second front left door.  when iberia was the spaniard flag airline and not a low cost airline disguised as a powerful airline. I mean is a small detail but if whe are talking to make the airbus better with new features, i think that the posibilty of open all doors, including emergency windows of 320 as anecdote, would be very nice. 

For the AS Airbus I draw the line at opening the overwing exits, normal ops and all, but 2L on the A321 should open yes. 

2 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

For the AS Airbus I draw the line at opening the overwing exits, normal ops and all, but 2L on the A321 should open yes. 

wow.

By they way did you hear guys flight factor has put an Ipad with internet navigator inside cockpit? one guy of our airline share a picture in our facebook page with it. Amazing! Can you imagine whatch netflix in the cockpit!24297235_1945230339131131_8303152817764781312_o.thumb.jpg.851b3d3b641aa19da64f71658c69b59d.jpg

Last time this was discussed in here (respectively the previous preview topic) about a year ago it was declined because of waste of FPS. 

Don't forget, its a flight- and not a Netflix simulator ;)

8 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Last time this was discussed in here (respectively the previous preview topic) about a year ago it was declined because of waste of FPS. 

In my opinion, it is. Quite frankly I don't see the point... 

It is something we are experimenting with at this moment. Keep in mind our busses already has a complete webserver included.

1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

Don't forget, its a flight- and not a Netflix simulator ;)

hahaha i know i know, but i think if you put that netflix simulator inside your 330, it would be the super hyper rock star plane. XD  How many funny hours in the ocean  whith out leaving the sim.

I can always tell when we have too much staff on holiday. We see this kind of stuff late December of each year... lol.

1 hour ago, kbuf_aviator said:

Are Imperial measurements planned for the new professional products?

They'll have both metric and imperial surely?

1 hour ago, eaim said:

They'll have both metric and imperial surely?

i think they have, its a option you can change in the configurator app of the product!

Hi, is the complexity & features list going to be same as seen on the FSX/P3Dv3 version or additional features to be implemented? What is it going to be like in terms of simulation compared to older version and FSL product?

52 minutes ago, sanyok said:

Hi, is the complexity & features list going to be same as seen on the FSX/P3Dv3 version or additional features to be implemented? What is it going to be like in terms of simulation compared to older version and FSL product?

The feature list is not yet complete. To get the best insight of what is new just read this topic. Some of the new highlights are TrueGlass, Reallight, new VC, servers based multiplay (CFD), AOC pages, partial new system modeling and very indepth Thales MCDU modeling with features like ETP, wind, constant mach etc.

AS stays true to the concept of flying as a captain (and now also FO), while adhering to SOP and without abnormals. If you are looking for a system simulator of an older Airbus model then the FSLabs product is better suited for that. 

vor 12 Stunden , Frank Docter sagte:

AS stays true to the concept of flying as a captain (and now also FO), while adhering to SOP and without abnormals. If you are looking for a system simulator of an older Airbus model then the FSLabs product is better suited for that. 

Except the FSL isn't an older Airbus. It has pretty up to date ELAC, SEC, FAC software and a S4/S7 (full S7 coming with the next update) FMGS version. It's funny how you guys use the same "modern" ACP as on the original Airbus X in the "new" Airbus again and say it's up to date, even if the "LOAD" button/function is only found on the neo's. Having said that, there's really no point to compare the two products as they are aimed at two completely different groups and are withing a very different price range. Simply don't go that way saying your Airbus is "better" in some aspects because you can't compare them. There is no fair comparison of the two. 

Let's just wait for new previews of the A319/A330 flooding in next year and continue our discussion on this topic.

Happy new year everyone!

3 hours ago, CRJ900 said:

Except the FSL isn't an older Airbus. It has pretty up to date ELAC, SEC, FAC software and a S4/S7 (full S7 coming with the next update) FMGS version. It's funny how you guys use the same "modern" ACP as on the original Airbus X in the "new" Airbus again and say it's up to date, even if the "LOAD" button/function is only found on the neo's. Having said that, there's really no point to compare the two products as they are aimed at two completely different groups and are withing a very different price range. Simply don't go that way saying your Airbus is "better" in some aspects because you can't compare them. There is no fair comparison of the two. 

Let's just wait for new previews of the A319/A330 flooding in next year and continue our discussion on this topic.

Happy new year everyone!

Agreed!

Happy New Year, everyone.

Where is all this negativism coming from? Are your panties in a bunch just because I use the word 'old' to state a fact? Are you trying to provoke an whole slew of other off topic posts here? Please go to another forum for that, we do not like that behaviour here.

7 hours ago, CRJ900 said:

Except the FSL isn't an older Airbus.

Yes it is. When I, as an RW Airbus pilot, talk about older or newer it is not meant in a bad way. You may think that but you are way off. FSLabs modeled an Airbus that was build and delivered around 2007, correct me if I am wrong Skelsey. An 10 year old aircraft with systems and software from that time is old in aviation land. Nothing wrong with that. But it is a fact if you are an RW pilot that deals with RW avionics. It shows that any notion that can be perceived as bashing is bashing. Somehow this seems to be a way of life nowadays.

It has pretty up to date ELAC, SEC, FAC software and a S4/S7 (full S7 coming with the next update) FMGS version.

In what way do you as a pilot see this up to date SEC and FAC? Sure, the ailerons going up after touchdown is an indication that a newer ELAC software version is used. Before FSLabs did an Airbus no simmer even knew the terms S4/S7. And I bet the only thing most simmers know now is that S7 has an FIX page and S4 not. Dare to tell me some other changes? But the real meat in an old or new Airbus is the FWC standard. The FWC standard is responsible, among others, how abnormals and ECAM actions are displayed. This is what many simmers want in an Airbus, the whole abnormal handling. And in this respect FSLabs uses an 10 year old version. I believe it is H2F3. I flew an Airbus that was build in 1988 last week, it had H2F9. That is what I call new, but I hate old CRT's and loud cockpitfans for example. Give me an EIS2 bird anytime. I can not use the FSLabs for practicing ECAM ACTIONS because the FWC is not used by the likes of Vueling, EasyJet, Wizzair, DLH etc. For a simmer this is not bad but for an RW pilot it is just "old". Not bad, old. nothing more nothing less.

It's funny how you guys use the same "modern" ACP as on the original Airbus X in the "new" Airbus again and say it's up to date, even if the "LOAD" button/function is only found on the neo's.

It is funny how you think you know what you are talking about but you don't. The LOAD button is on the RMP for example and not the ACP. Next to that I flew 5 different airframes last week that had this function but they were not NEO's. 

Having said that, there's really no point to compare the two products as they are aimed at two completely different groups and are withing a very different price range.

You are 100% correct here and we at AS also do not do that. Maybe you put this in as a general statement but it looks strange when you quote me. Look at my posts here and at Avsim and I said the same thing many times.

Simply don't go that way saying your Airbus is "better" in some aspects because you can't compare them. There is no fair comparison of the two. 

Where do you get this from in my quote? I even said that if a system simulation is more your thing you should go the FSLabs way. I really think you are just trying to stir up the pot here. As said, do not do that. Mathijs said time and time again that we do not like that here. Me, and all people I know that own the FSLabs bus simply love it. It is a very immersive and interesting add on. Why do you think we at AS are trying to add so much immersion in the V4 version? FSLabs put up the bar for all add ons. They showed us stuff that is really groundbreaking and they changed the playing field. See this as something good and do not try to play two camps against each other. Take your own words that I quoted here as advice.

and on that note;

Happy new year to everyone and let's enjoy all the new add ons that will come to us in 2018!!!