Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

On 12/20/2017 at 10:52 PM, Samaritano said:

Question. Any plans to offer the A321 with ACT (Auxiliary Center Tanks)? Hopefully you do. Needed for those cross country flight here in the US of A.

<snip>

It is already possible, with a few tweaks.  I'm not sure if in real life the ECAMS page is different somehow, but you can at least get the same effect in the sim.  I've only applied it to my A321 IAE, but there's no reason you can't tweak the other models:

On 12/20/2017 at 4:17 AM, Er!k said:

Will this delay the Airbus for early 2018?

I think that depends on whether AS needs these P3d issues fixed before they can continue building, or have to decide if they want to a. Pull those features and release the Bus without them, b. Find a way to code around it (if even possible), or c. Wait until LM addresses it, releases an update, and they continue from there.

I see this as Mathijs' way of informing us that an early 2018 release is in jeopardy unless a resolution is found...and I appreciate his  prompt communication regarding it instead of waiting to the end of Janurary 2018 and dashing our hopes then that we won't see it when we thought would be early 2018 (of course "early" could mean just about anything depending on who you ask....but I'd assume it would be in the first third of the year.)

Anyway you look at it..this is shaping up to be the Airbus I want to fly and I'm eagerly awaiting its release!

Hi Aerosoft Team,

I'm sorry for the off-topic (and wrong forum)

I thought I'd just grab the chance saying a huge thank you, for the past year and wishing everybody at Aerosoft a merry Christmas!

Looking forward to the new year.

Best wishes from Denmark.

Why are people asking if the plane is gonna get released 2018?

Mathijs Kok already said like 5 weeks ago that the release is gonna be moved to early 2018.

I just hope the A330 gets released soon.

To be honest (and i might get hated for that) the competitors A320 is just far better in my opinion so im not realy interested in the A320 family but im so excited for the A330!

Also cant really understand why the A320 is gonna get released first.There is already a study level A320 for P3D V4 and the old Aerosoft one is compatible from FSX up to P3D V3 but a good 330 is lacking for all versions of P3D and FSX

5 minutes ago, Pairbus said:

Why are people asking if the plane is gonna get released 2018?

Mathijs Kok already said like 5 weeks ago that the release is gonna be moved to early 2018.

I just hope the A330 gets released soon.

To be honest (and i might get hated for that) the competitors A320 is just far better in my opinion so im not realy interested in the A320 family but im so excited for the A330!

Also cant really understand why the A320 is gonna get released first.There is already a study level A320 for P3D V4 and the old Aerosoft one is compatible from FSX up to P3D V3 but a good 330 is lacking for all versions of P3D and FSX

Maybe because people have already invested time and money into the Aerosoft version, and maybe, just maybe they prefer the superior immersion of the Aerosoft product.

What time did people invest in the Aerosoft Version? 3 minutes installing it?

And seriously? Superior immersion? The Aerosoft A320 is a toy compared to the system depth of the competitor.

Thats just fanboyism.

Reasons for the new Aerosoft: more liveries,cheaper price,A318-A321 is available,TrueGlass and maybe its more FPS friendly.

But it doesnt have a superior immersion for sure lol 

That depends on what you count as immersion. If you view it from a system depth, and especially included failures, standpoint, then sure. In that case the Aerosoft version can’t even come close to the competitor’s version.

However, A’s has been explained time and time again, that’s not the aim of Aerosoft. When you view their range of products within the scope of their development, the day to day routine of a pilot, the immersion seems to be a lot deeper in Aerosoft’s version.

Note how I used “seems” there: the Aerosoft version isn’t out yet, so there’s now way for us as a possible consumer to get a full grip on what the full version will actually comprise.

As such, this discussion is pretty much moot.

what for me is an intersting question, which problem in P3D V4.1 stops releasing for the airbus for the moment, when

all other main airplane makers don't have this issue.

when we have to wait for update of P3D form lockheed martin , then we have to wait another few months, because don't expect

V4.2 before april 2018

looking to the update schedual of prepar3d last years.

I strongly suggest you read Mathijs' statements regarding this topic  again. And most importantly, do not read things into something that weren't said. 

The problem Mathis mentioned do not stop the release. The busses are simply not yet released because they are not finished yet. Its that simple and not mysterious at all ;)

When I read this stated by Matthijs himself, I think I can read very well.

If you want to go back on topic, the news is not brilliant. We found a limitation in P3d V4.1 that causes us major headaches. If it is not solved some of our ideas are simply not possible. Now we are not the only ones affected and there are several parties talking to Lockheed. It is (in our opinion) a trivial change they have to make but we wasted four days trying to find out what we did wrong only to discover we did nothing wrong. Now Lockheed has been the most cool company we ever worked with (looking at you Microsoft) in these regards so we have good hope it will be sorted out.  But it was confusing and frustrating to check and check code again and not seeing the issue.

unquote

vor 1 hour , Pairbus sagte:

Agreed. Opted for the same just recently. Fits my needs a lot better and is available already, so why wait? Nonetheless, I'm eagerly awaiting the A330 as it is currenty my favorite Airbus, especially the -300 with RR's and should be out fairly quickly after the main A320 series has been rolled out by AS. On a side note, the A330 overhead layout, especially the lights are very unique in the regard that they are based on an airline I want to primarily fly in the sim. ;) 

Anyway, merry Christmas everyone! The coming year surely will be a great one for flight simulation, even with all the things that are known so far! 

9 hours ago, sydney1962 said:

When I read this stated by Matthijs himself, I think I can read very well.

Have you noticed that I wrote "statements" and not "statement"? 

On 20/12/2017 at 11:13 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed I rather not tell you about the actual issue, just wanted to give you an insight in the development process and how small totally unexpected things can cause a few days of delay. 

I have quite a few PMDG models for FSX and that will remain my secondary Flight Sim.  Recently I made the move to P3D V4 and will not be updating any PMDG to it.  If I wish to use the ones I have I'll open FSX.  But my main system will be P3D v4 and I hope to get the Aerosoft A320 and A330 for P3D v4 subject to pricing.  They are the major planes I want and nothing else will do.  I have the A320 extended and will replace that for an A320 that works in P3D v4 in some kind of package maybe.  If the truth be told I made the transition to P3D v4 just for Aerosoft, and especially the A330, though JF supported us too by making my previous purchases compatible.  I really don't care how long I wait, I am not a fan boy-I am nearly 60, a semi invalid and know what works really well for me and "floats my boat".  I know that gradually FSX will be phased out and now was the time to move for me, my number 1 concern being to build my new Primary sim around Aerosoft models and keep FSX for PMDG.  Though I did get the Q400 Dash 8 for P3D v4 too.

I'm sure we'd all agree that Aerosoft should make sure that the that the P3D v4 version of the A320 needs to be bug free as possible, so take your time to get it right Aerosoft, even though I want it yesterday.

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone who celebrates it.

Will it be possible to dim the cockpit lights using an axis? My joystick has 2 rotary axes which I would like to use to dim the VC lights.

And by the way: Merry Christmas to all of you

My Christmas holidays are nearly over as I'm in work tomorrow right up till Saturday to pay for all my flight sim goodies without the wife having means to moan at the amount I'll spend, including a lot of Aerosoft products ie. Aerosoft EGLL, A320 and the A330 when they come out, I must be mad.:banghead1_s:

Lets just hope both busses come out next month.

Would be a nice late christmas present from aerosoft :P

Spoiler

31337687rl.jpg

Is the A330 only going to be realesed with the Trent 700 Engines or would be included the cf6 engines as well?

On 12/24/2017 at 10:24 PM, sydney1962 said:

what for me is an intersting question, which problem in P3D V4.1 stops releasing for the airbus for the moment, when

all other main airplane makers don't have this issue.

Many other developers are talking to Lockheed about the sames issue, it is widely discussed in forums you do not have access to.  And I never said that it stops us from releasing. I only said it caused us close to a week before we found out we had good code but the sim had an unexpected limitation. 

Can I also suggest that if people are not interested in these products simply ignore it? 

All this waiting time just made me a pro pilot on PMDG planes but the 747, this one is a Challenger... anyway, i can't wait for the new Professional versions, i miss the A320 and looking foward for the A330, true glass, yep.. i can't wait for those.

Please change from very early 2018 to very very very early 2018 :D

It will be released, when Aerosoft deem it ready.

I'm fairly certain, that they're going as fast as possible and aren't stalling, delaying or otherwise dragging the release out, just for the fun of it or to annoy you. 

Sit back and relax - it's coming... 

On 12/24/2017 at 9:31 PM, Pairbus said:

I don't understand why you will even consider buying Aerosofts A330, if you think their products isn't up to par with what you need or want in a simulator. You mention FSlabs A320 being so much better than Aerosofts NOT EVEN RELEASED YET A320, how do you know? And honestly, how often will you use the features like failures when you fly.  There's a reason why real world aircrafts use two pilots, so when flying alone in a sim, there's already more than enough to do without having to deal with ie. failures during flight. 

So by all means, fly the competitors apparently better and MUCH more expensive aircraft, but please don't bash a product you haven't even seen yet.