Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

I have found that undocked 2D pop outs can really impact frame rates in a bad way. Since I use 3 monitors and do the FMC on a tablet I dont find a huge need to be popping out windows.  Popped up stuff just cuts into the reality of it all anyway.

Now if you were to include an app that would put the two main displays on tablets I would be hitting Amazon for 2 more tablets right away.  I would have to fly under the finance committee's radar to do it, but hey, a sim junkie has to do what a sim junkie does.

18 minutes ago, Randy Dettmer said:

I have found that undocked 2D pop outs can really impact frame rates in a bad way. Since I use 3 monitors and do the FMC on a tablet I dont find a huge need to be popping out windows.  Popped up stuff just cuts into the reality of it all anyway.

Now if you were to include an app that would put the two main displays on tablets I would be hitting Amazon for 2 more tablets right away.  I would have to fly under the finance committee's radar to do it, but hey, a sim junkie has to do what a sim junkie does.

Or use two monitors one above the other with the pop up that add 0 fps hit and you get the most realistic view imo you can get. Well within reason.

The 2d pop up are the real size the VC is on a 30" screen. The bottom screen is an old 24" A 24" is really not expensive these days compared to to a ipad. (that's the white area to the left side ;) ) For use with Navigraph, PFPX etc. I also use a chashplane view for the MCDU's so no need for it to be on the iPad. 

iphoneb6921.jpg

53 minutes ago, yasin110.135 said:

hi

first of all i appreciate aerosoft team.

i have some question 

did u simulate all p/b and Indication & Recording?

example:for starting the aircraft in rainy weather pilot should push OverRide p/b on 22vu ventilation panel Blower Fan and OVRD light should displayed on p/b and ecam memo page.this is to prevent Avionics bay getting wet.

or on 30vu air condition panel the p/b swishes and knobs change many valves that the position of valves are shown on ecam air condition page.ex:when we change the FCV with knob the symbol of this valve changes on ecam.

or many other examples...

best regards...

btw i am a320 b1 type rating.

I'll investigate but in my own recordings that we made of startups there were two in rainy weather, one moderate rain, one serious rain this was not done. Perhaps a company specific thing. We seen a lot of that.

The overhead thing you mention is abnormal procedure and thus not simulated by us. It is just not something that pilots do to perform a flight. Keep in mind that we draw a rather rigorous line in the sand about that. We simulate the job of the pilot, not the training of the pilot.

Update on the pb thing, quick feedback from two bus pilots was clear, this might be practise in some countries under extreme conditions and both knew of the process, but is is most certainly not standard procedure, neither of the two had ever done it. That means we will not support it.

Very well looking!

One question that has bothered me for a time now: 

Will it be possible to select the audio source in the new Buses? 

Because I'm using two different output devices: headphones for Comm and Speakers for Environment and Aircraft sounds...

And add-ons from another well known ( ;) ) developer, one can select which device to use for sound output.

With the current Buses, I can assign the engine sound to the speakers, but other things like the BAT and Avionics cooling remain on my speakers. 

kind of ruins it there for me

MIght not be impossible but customers with two audio channels are very rare so It has very low priority.

4 minutes ago, 9004 said:

Will it be possible to select the audio source in the new Buses? 

Because I'm using two different output devices: headphones for Comm and Speakers for Environment and Aircraft sounds...

And add-ons from another well known ( ;) ) developer, one can select which device to use for sound output.

With the current Buses, I can assign the engine sound to the speakers, but other things like the BAT and Avionics cooling remain on my speakers. 

What exactly do you want to hear on other devices though? The only output that would make sense to me would be to hear the copilot on your headphones in flight. Then again you'll not even wear your headset during most of the flight though.

If you fly online you can of course put your pilot client onto the headphones, but that's not done by the aircraft, but has to be done in the pilot client itself, so that's possible already.

Why would you want to hear the avionic cooling on the headset? In real life you wear the headset for the exact reason not to hear this kind of stuff.

Could you tell us a little bit more about which sounds you would like to hear on which device?

6 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

What exactly do you want to hear on other devices though? The only output that would make sense to me would be to hear the copilot on your headphones in flight. Then again you'll not even wear your headset during most of the flight though.

If you fly online you can of course put your pilot client onto the headphones, but that's not done by the aircraft, but has to be done in the pilot client itself, so that's possible already.

Why would you want to hear the avionic cooling on the headset? In real life you wear the headset for the exact reason not to hear this kind of stuff.

Could you tell us a little bit more about which sounds you would like to hear on which device?

Obviously, you misunderstood me.

Right now, I do hear Avionics sound on my headphones, while Engine sounds are on my speakers.

I would love to have all aircraft sounds (except for F/O, who of course is not part of the aircraft itself) on the speakers

1 minute ago, 9004 said:

Obviously, you misunderstood me.

Right now, I do hear Avionics sound on my headphones, while Engine sounds are on my speakers.

I would love to have all aircraft sounds (except for F/O, who of course is not part of the aircraft itself) on the speakers

That should work in the current Airbusses already. Send us a ticket at support@aerosoft.com and we'll sort that out for you.

@Emanuel Hagen will do! I was just thinking this was normal, as it was the same even after having moved to a new PC

Thank you anyway :)

3 minutes ago, 9004 said:

@Emanuel Hagen will do! I was just thinking this was normal, as it was the same even after having moved to a new PC

Thank you anyway :)

That was certainly not normal! Most likely it is some wrong setting in Windows or inside the flight simulator somewhere. We'll take a look at that and figure it out.

On 12/12/2017 at 7:05 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

This is a very rough sketch to explore what we need to include, it's not how it will look. But it will give you a good idea on the options and that why I show it. VA's will love it and I will as well because it will be so cool to work on support while seeing another flight going on. Not as in YT or Twitch where you are limited to a video stream, but you will be in your own sim, being able to look around, jump to to external view etc. You are IN the cockpit, not watching a stream.

Looks very interesting!

I'd be interested to know how this is likely to work with VAs -- will there be a way for VAs to have "members only" areas or is it just one big public area for all CFD users?

Simon

1 hour ago, skelsey said:

Looks very interesting!

I'd be interested to know how this is likely to work with VAs -- will there be a way for VAs to have "members only" areas or is it just one big public area for all CFD users?

Simon

Probably not, however you will be able to control access via a session number.

I see! Would have been good for members of individual VAs to quickly be able to see which fellow members are available rather than having to hunt through a large public list or come up with some internal system for pairing pilots but nonetheless a great step forward.

Assuming as VA you not only have a website but also some kind of client software (to log the flights):

Your client software can grab the session id from an LVAR and push it into your website. From there it can be easily shared among your pilots. 

You could also distribute it via your website into your client software which then sets it via LVAR into the sim. 

So it should be relatively easy for you to build a nice and comfortable system for your VA and your pilots. 

Finally, the connected flight deck will bring the vast offline majority closer to online networks/VAs, and bring to the masses a genre that was during the early years a very personal and lonely experience but stepwise and gradually.

It never had to be like this, and one of the reasons it became a niche. So things finally are about to change.

Youtube vids with people clicking fast, and talking fast, streams that are a mayhem of multitasking and interacting are overwhelming after a couple of hours, even if one is on a 27inch monitor, action is fragmented and vital flight observations are mingled with chat, browsing etc 

Aerosoft is clearly spearheading in the path of the enlightened sim community away from the dark niche "know it all", and teach no one besides their likeminded "elitists".

Prometheus would be pleased! His legacy lives on...

On 11 October 2017 at 4:26 AM, Donddsa said:

Hoping the the 2018 A320/21/19/18 will set the bar and will be a strong competitor with the FS Labs A320.

Trust me, wait for the Aerosoft version. 140$+tax is not cheap and currently does not stands behind what it's supposed to be. The Fslabs has great potential but many issues and the painfull long waiting for updates is just terrible. Even i spent 140$ for that i think it is very likely i would buy the Aerosoft bus. I wish i had more patience :). Btw it was being said on the Fslabs fourm that vc rain is out of the question anytime soon so...

8 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Assuming as VA you not only have a website but also some kind of client software (to log the flights):

Your client software can grab the session id from an LVAR and push it into your website. From there it can be easily shared among your pilots. 

You could also distribute it via your website into your client software which then sets it via LVAR into the sim. 

So it should be relatively easy for you to build a nice and comfortable system for your VA and your pilots. 

Aha! I see, makes sense. Thanks!

Simon

Curious if this will release this year or not. I don't see any updates from Mathijs in the first post.

Well this has been there for months now:

When will they be released? Next week?

No. The 64 bit version of the A318/A319/A320 and A321 will come first (because we got so many customers of those who want 64 bit versions). That will probably this year very early 2018 as we wanted to include the fully dimmable lighting. The A330 (32 and 64 bit versions) will be next, early next year, the 32 bit A318/A319/A320/A321 after that

Just now, sk5645 said:

Mathijs can you please define the sentence "very early 2018"?

That's most presumingly not Christmas 2018 ;) 

2 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

hhh i know that ;) i'm just hoping for January, but this is development anything could happen.

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Hey, remember the modeler (VC, etc) is on an extended Xmas vacation until early next year. I'm hoping for a January/February release since I don't have any medium sized jetliners for P3d v4. :(

Darryl

23 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Are you sure Tom?  First the release date was July 2017, then August 2017, then before the end of this year. Now it's early 2018. Why not push out the product and add as non-essentials as updates? Being a PM myself, adding additional features during development causes lengthy delays, which is what happened here.