Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Personally I think we are just two generations of GPU's from making it work, so say 3 to 4 years.

True, but simple animations would probably be just as effective at knowing that your FO did ... or maybe a glow circle around the control that was modified by the FO ... heck I guess even a basic text message or voice message would work.  But animations would definitely add the "wow" factor and since P3D V4.1 onwards is no longer limited by the number of animations you can have in a VC ... you can go to town on animations galore ... like your very nice fuel tag that prints out.

I'm hoping we see more VC animations in the future now that the animation shackles are no more in P3D V4.1+ -- provides a sense of a living cockpit ... I'll give you a pass on the steam rising from the coffee mug. :)

Cheers, Rob.

C&D always seems to come up from time to time. I worked on the ramp many years, and very rarely did I see an aircraft C&D. Guess you might have to introduce a maintenance crew expansion pack so they can go ahead and  simulate their full C&D simulation. 

50 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

True, but simple animations would probably be just as effective at knowing that your FO did ... or maybe a glow circle around the control that was modified by the FO ... heck I guess even a basic text message or voice message would work.  But animations would definitely add the "wow" factor and since P3D V4.1 onwards is no longer limited by the number of animations you can have in a VC ... you can go to town on animations galore ... like your very nice fuel tag that prints out.

I'm hoping we see more VC animations in the future now that the animation shackles are no more in P3D V4.1+ -- provides a sense of a living cockpit ... I'll give you a pass on the steam rising from the coffee mug. :)

Cheers, Rob.

Read my mind Rob!

I was just replying with a similar option....whereas maybe you model just a VC hand (both male and female, with and without wedding ring, user selectable, LOL) that grabs the switches and knobs and does the appropriate function (twist, flick, touch to concur, etc).  That's all that's in the pilot-flying's cone of view anyway (or should be... hehe ...if he/she is concentrating on flying the plane).  That may be doable with a small amount of polygons, don't ya think?

30 minutes ago, Flaps said:

Compare it yourself with the current bus.

With all due seriousness:

1. You were asking for features compared to other products on the market, not a real Airbus. 
  2. There is already an Avatar with a flash light available for P3Dv4. 
  3. Aerosoft focuses on the daily job of a pilot. So at this point I would like to refer to Mathijs' answer to your question

28 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

With all due seriousness:

1) you were asking for features compared to other products on the market, not a real Airbus. 

2) there is already an Avatar with a flash light avaliable for P3Dv4. 

3) Aerosoft focuses on the daily job of a pilot. So at this point I would like to refer to Mathijs' answer to your question. 

Ok, thanks for you reply.

I dont want copy and paste a vid of the other product in the aerosoft forum, but the start up is very similar with the real Airbus vid.

Then my question is about point three. Will include a special profile (like cold and dark, taxi and take off) for load the airplane in the same state that pilots find it in a usual day/operation? 

I would change the cold and dark mode with this one because as you can see in the vid the current c&d is not realistic.

Sorry for my english, hope you understand my point.

4 hours ago, Flaps said:

Will include a special profile (like cold and dark, taxi and take off) for load the airplane in the same state that pilots find it in a usual day/operation?

There is a currently a Cold and Dark, Ready to Start and Ready to Taxi type states.  I actually showed this in the A330 video referenced earlier, and it's the same for the other Airbus Pro versions.

Best wishes.

Pretty amazing technology being implemented in the Airbus.  Thanks for keeping us updated.

And another feature requested by many implemented, 2D gauges, still need to get the scaling of the PFD correct though... and for the record, I still don't like them ;)

image.png

44 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And another feature requested by many implemented, 2D gauges, still need to get the scaling of the PFD correct though... and for the record, I still don't like them ;)

Haha - that's okay, Mathijs. I do. And thanks alot for taking the time to create those.

Deeply appreciated.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

[...]

“We must learn what customers really want, not what they say they want or what we think they should want.” eric ries, Same for trueglass and popup displays. 

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

[...]

I'm very happy for this feature and very grateful for the time you spent to do it. Thank you very much indeed

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

[...]

This feature alone makes the wait all the more worthwhile.

2D panels are the necessary evil. Highly unrealistic to have, but sometimes you just want to see readings better in conjunction with another dial or button somewhere else. EG 2D popup for hydraulics or air while looking at the overhead. You can see both rather well in a real cockpit but our sim world has this limitation. So im sure it will be greatly appreciated that its implemented

On 12/5/2017 at 5:42 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

The promised vid. Still needs some tweaking here and there but it all works now.

[...]

soo cooool , since you are giving a space for a little immersion now. it will be nice if u can add Snow over the wipers during Snowing, I would love to see that 

37 minutes ago, Hightower said:

2D panels are the necessary evil. Highly unrealistic to have, but sometimes you just want to see readings better in conjunction with another dial or button somewhere else. EG 2D popup for hydraulics or air while looking at the overhead. You can see both rather well in a real cockpit but our sim world has this limitation. So im sure it will be greatly appreciated that its implemented

While the actual element of "popping out" is indeed unrealistic, reading the panels while they are docked can be quite tricky, especially for those of us with smaller monitors. The need to have to zoom in to read them is also quite unrealistic, and not only that, it's also more cumbersome, and it means you can't see out the window simultaneously. So as far as I'm concerned, the pop-out feature is the lesser of the 2 evils.

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

[...] 

May I suggest you make the 2D pop up's match the size of the real screens. As most will drag these to another screen and they will know they're the right size. Perhaps the MCDU might be a different matter.

Just a thought/suggestion.

As for "states"

Cold and Dark is not a very realistic state to find  a A320 in. Nice to use every now and again but really not realistic. Nice to awaken the beast!

What is, if you wish to add them.

ON Ground power unit. Personally I think this is the best option most times am at EGLL/EGNX there always on GPU.

ON APU for when no GPU is available.

Not realistic at all to have ready to start up or ready to taxi, but I can see if people want simplicity they would like that. Currently all 3 of your states are very unrealistic under you simulations of a captain. I am not having a dig just suggesting you consider ON Ground power and On APU as that is what a Captain would find most times entering a cockpit and your remit is to simulate the job of a captain.

I applaud the work you're doing to this, it's a huge step up from your last 2 airbuses. Competition is a wonderful thing.

Credit where credit is due.

Please beta test it to death with people who know the aircraft well.

Yet another use for 2D panels...

Even though I use a 55 inch 4K for my flight sim (thus I can see the instruments/displays extremely well even with my old eyes), people who watch my stream aren't able to clearly make out the finer details - even when I stream a high resolution. The 2D pop up PFD and ND really help people watching the stream to see the displays!

On 12/10/2017 at 10:44 AM, xRyu21 said:

I see that the release is close but still no date? Allow me to doubt a little ... I waited since July to the expectations of a possible date is still no date? I had planned to buy it for Christmas to me and a friend ? I need to solve a riddle to deduce that it will be released January 1, 2018 ?I understand the politics of the devs not to put a date at the beginning but when I see an close release I allow myself to tell you that for a customer to have some date  is very important

My slow brain tells me that it's not released because they are still developing some part of the airplane. Maybe (maybe) Aerosoft doesn't want to release the a/c with a missing wing, or a missing engine, or a missing yoke , or a missing ............ well, maybe you get it- maybe. lol

On 12/12/2017 at 4:22 AM, Malcomx said:

it is only A330-300 RR Engines for the initial release 

Smart and voted. (What else can I say?) 

On 12/13/2017 at 7:14 AM, Rob Ainscough said:

Dang, this just keeps getting better and better. 

All you need to do now is an animated CO/FO so that when control events happen (i.e. moving gear lever up or turning knobs, flipping switches etc.) you see the CO/FO do that actual animation making it obvious what has happened.  And of course add the animated slap when they do something wrong. :)

Keep up the great work!

Cheers, Rob.

Animated First officer that's easy on the GPU

Photo%2015-12-17,%2014%2002%2047.jpg?dl=

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

[...] 

THANK YOU!

You made a lot of simmers happy with 2nd monitors! 

Hope they return to the original when cliked on so we do not have to go moving rh screen to get the out of signt original guage to click on to do it.

hi

first of all i appreciate aerosoft team.

i have some question 

did u simulate all p/b and Indication & Recording?

example:for starting the aircraft in rainy weather pilot should push OverRide p/b on 22vu ventilation panel Blower Fan and OVRD light should displayed on p/b and ecam memo page.this is to prevent Avionics bay getting wet.

or on 30vu air condition panel the p/b swishes and knobs change many valves that the position of valves are shown on ecam air condition page.ex:when we change the FCV with knob the symbol of this valve changes on ecam.

or many other examples...

best regards...

btw i am a320 b1 type rating.