Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

The blooper reel of Connected Flight Deck testing.

1.jpg

Pitch and speed perfect on touch down, heading not so much.

2.jpg

Heading okay, position whahhh....

3.jpg

The captain was perfectly aligned to the runway, the first officers system not so much (you do see the runway fully right!). But the last pictures we made I won't even share because they just show an aircraft on glide slope. Loads of issues to check but making great progress. 

I know some people do not like us to show progress without being able to give a solid release date and price but I honestly believe showing how our talented team of developers struggle to get things done adds value to the project.  The images I show here are from a two hour session between Robert (Poland) and me (somewhere in France without fast internet). They show the issues we encountered, the problems. THAT is how FS aircraft add-ons are build. Coding and then a shit load of testing and debugging. And then you test and debug again. Repeat that many times.

Wow, I think this feature will bring me to a VA, or at least fly together with someone else... Have been offline until now with loads of AI, but this looks promising!

And in the first shot: @Mathijs Kok Did you really try to land the A318 like the AN-2 :)

The Captain landed perfectly. the client (first officer and all observers saw it like the image showed).

Damn, now I REALLY wonder why anybody would have an issue with us showing the issues we have in development.

image.png

Ahh well... nothing an upvote can't solve.

O that explains it. I can also imagine that these kind of issues will occur will land on payware airport X, and you don't have it and the location has an offset?

Dang, this just keeps getting better and better. 

All you need to do now is an animated CO/FO so that when control events happen (i.e. moving gear lever up or turning knobs, flipping switches etc.) you see the CO/FO do that actual animation making it obvious what has happened.  And of course add the animated slap when they do something wrong. :)

Keep up the great work!

Cheers, Rob.

Yes and believe me, we will keep on experimenting with a good looks First Officer. However the simple fact is that while the coding is simple (we got that done, he will reach for the gear lever at the right time etc) we simply do not have the GPU hardware to make it looks good. 

The problem is that humans are programmed to recognize and 'read' humans'. That's why even the biggest games where 50% of the hardware and code is spend on animating humans are not getting seriously results. You will never doubt if a human animation in Call of Duty WWII is a real video or animation. And that's with a few tens of millions thrown at the issue. In very blunt words, a animated first officer looks like crap in a highly detailed virtual cockpit. Personally I think we are just two generations of GPU's from making it work, so say 3 to 4 years.  We know how to do it, we just can't deliver. In 6 years you will have the flight attendant put the coffee on your tray table, now we just are able to play sound sounds and magically make it appear on your tray table.

I am as impatient as anyone can get. :) However, I do appreciate all the hard work that goes into these things, and look forward to the P3Dv4 versions of the Airbus 31x/32x systems. Thanks!

Amazing, Mathijs!

Will you in the CFD be able to reject, when someone tries to connect to your flight as FO/Captain, or will it send a request, that you need to accept?

Is it possible, to - for instance - password-protect your session to make it private?

In short - how does the invite system work? :)

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Amazing, Mathijs!

Will you in the CFD be able to reject, when someone tries to connect to your flight as FO/Captain, or will it send a request, that you need to accept?

Is it possible, to - for instance - password-protect your session to make it private?

In short - how does the invite system work? :)

When you have a appointment with another user you simply connect to the server, create a session (all in the sim) and let the other user know the session ID. This is a closed session, nobody else can connect.

If you allow others to connect without have agreed on that before you create a session and can edit it on the website. There you can say what you will allow and what not. The captain will always be in control, as it should be.

4 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Will the AOC Options in the 320 series include Flex Temps for Takeoff and flap configs?

Being considered. 

23 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

When you have a appointment with another user you simply connect to the server, create a session (all in the sim) and let the other user know the session ID. This is a closed session, nobody else can connect.

If you allow others to connect without have agreed on that before you create a session and can edit it on the website. There you can say what you will allow and what not. The captain will always be in control, as it should be.

Thanks, Mathijs for the detailed response.

vor 15 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

The Captain landed perfectly. the client (first officer and all observers saw it like the image showed).

Good feature for fearing the passengers and the FO :D

I have change christmas date to that date, when the plane will be in my hanger :)(This is not a release date request!!!!)

Thanks for letting us a part of the dev status :):grouprespect_s:

Will be great to "ride along"  with some of the pilots in my VA to see just how good they really are.  lol

flyvirtual.net will undoubtedly have many pilots that will want to share cockpits.  I know someone above stated about getting into a VA to use joined cockpits...might check us out.

Indeed, and keep in mind there can be dozens of observers in one cockpit. So one of the better pilots could demonstrate a complex approach that way.

I'm so glad you're considering flex temps and v speeds from dispatch. This is the one thing that bugs me the most about spyware airlines. You need those numbers and most USA and Canadian airlines are getting them via aoc or acars. 

19 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, and keep in mind there can be dozens of observers in one cockpit. So one of the better pilots could demonstrate a complex approach that way.

that is really amazing, your product can very useful in basic education! at least we will be able to fly 3 or more friends in one cockpit with the best pilots of our respective VA, learning of navigations procedures and manevours. I always say it, you guys rock!

Well keep in mind that we have a rather large number of educational copies sold and this was one of the things they really wanted. Observers and the option to store the complete flight (so really every switch etc etc).

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

In 6 years you will have the flight attendant put the coffee on your tray table, now we just are able to play sound sounds and magically make it appear on your tray table.

I get that now! I here a lot of sounds coming from the wife that I'm asking for a coffee yet it magically appears on my desk, She's still a no go for dressing up as a flight attendant though. Maybe in 6 years :o)

Will include the new bus a realistic start up from cold and dark like other product available in the market?

I didnt find info with the search option.

Regards

Captain: "Man, that's one short runway!"

FO: "Yeah, and it's really wide, too!"

21 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The blooper reel of Connected Flight Deck testing.

[...]

18 minutes ago, Flaps said:

Will include the new bus a realistic start up from cold and dark like other product available in the market?

Please exemplify what the current Aerosoft bus lacks from your perspective here.

35 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Please exemplify what the current Aerosoft bus lacks from your perspective here.

Or in other words, yes.

Keep in mind that pilots almost never start a bus up from cold and dark, that's almost always done by maintenance crew.