Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

26 minutes ago, Oracle said:

May i ask is this airbus family going to be as Frame friendly as you're previous ones? If it is, i will be amazed because all of these new features are really nice!

I thought Aerosoft said performance would either be .the same as the older version, and possibly slightly better than before.

On 12/1/2017 at 4:36 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Still needs tweaks but at least it works....

image.png

Wow, now this is even more beautiful. Well, if the "other guys" want their a/c to look this good, they will need to catch-up. Taking immersion to new levels- Great job, and thank you, Aerosoft. 

Woots!  On P3D v4 now and a refreshing change, 64 bit too.  Bring on the A330 puhleese!  At least I got time to add a few bits in as JF stuff has been made to work in it too.  I got the upgrade to EZdok today also for P3D v4, that's far different to the one I had in FSX.  If Flight Commander 9.6/7 gets fixed and their's an upgrade from 9.5 I might be able to use that as well.  Can't wait to be flying the A330 now.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Is this what you were asking for all these years (lol)?

I think they meant wingflex Mathijs. ;) 

As Mathijs stated previously it will be posted also once development have been finalised. So please be patient, no need to ask for it. 

Sorry really don't understand ; all this new project will be ok for download and use with FSX?

thanks

12 minutes ago, francesco79 said:

Sorry really don't understand ; all this new project will be ok for download and use with FSX?

thanks

read the 1st topic on top of this page

3 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

I think they meant wingflex Mathijs. ;) 

Our wing-flex who art in the skies,
Hallowed be Thy frame.
Thy airflow come.
Thy will be done on apron, as it is above clouds.
Give us today our daily lift.
And forgive us our expedites.
As we forgive those who instruct us to do so.
And lead us not into CB's,
But recover us from stalls.
For Thine is the runway,
The power and the N1,
Forever,
TOGA

3 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

As Mathijs stated previously it will be posted also once development have been finalised. So please be patient, no need to ask for it. 

And at this moment we only get it working on one system. And that's not my system.

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Is this what you were asking for all these years (lol)?

Yes, Mathijs - that's exactly what we've been asking for.

Absolutely amazing! Thank you. Instant purchase for my part!

In case you wonder why there are so many things being shown at this moment, it is because we are all working on visuals at this moment. Modeler Stefan will go on a 4 weeks vacation end of this week and we wanted to have some things completed.

Will do some vid tomorrow but here are some images, click on them to see them big

2017-12-4_17-36-44-994.png

Dome light off

2017-12-4_17-36-12-54.png

Dome light dim setting

2017-12-4_17-36-0-279.png

Dome light bright setting

2017-12-4_17-38-17-974.png

Heavy rain

2017-12-4_17-38-45-516.png

Wipers on.

We like a few more tweaks on the effects but it's pretty strong stuff.

Last image of the day.... as we were working on the windows, Stefan added the decals that you will find on some (strangely enough not all) aircraft. Also the very small heating elements  that were not there yet (side windows etc) are now included. 90% of people will never see them but we know they are there. It's for these things we decided to make the jump to 2k textures.

image.png

Awesome!  No vacations...chain to computer lol

Just kidding. Its a well deserved break.  Come back fresh so you can be abused more intensely - isn't that the way it goes? 

Shaping up really nicely! Especially the raindrops. Now the wipers actually have a purpose. 

17 minutes ago, RandyD59 said:

Awesome!  No vacations...chain to computer lol

Just kidding. Its a well deserved break.  Come back fresh so you can be abused more intensely - isn't that the way it goes? 

Yeah.... I would like to chain him to his keyboard as well, but I have been pushing these people seriously hard for close a year now because we wanted to do a delivery in 2017. A lot of the crew is seriously in need for some rest or at least a slowing down of the pace. Early November we had a serious look at the product and felt that while it was top end in some areas (like the MCDU and modeling) we needed to expand the lead we had in other elements (like the immersion factors, animations and sounds). This was all triggered by a trip we had in a friendly cockpit where observed how the crew was using the aircraft.  As you know that was always our focus for this product line. 

What we noticed is that it is not only a place where people work but also where they stay, eat, drink and just spend time. When they fly Frankfurt to Madrid they do not sit there with their eyes scanning the instruments every 30 seconds as I was taught when I learned to fly.They might do some mails if there is wifi. For sure they have coffee and some food. All on the flight deck that in your sim is clean and empty like it is before the first flight of the day. 

We understood that this is a big step for many customer to take. They  believe immersion is being to see the fuel panel in the gear bay (that no pilot ever sees) or that opening the engine covers is nice (you SERIOUSLY think a pilot would ever do that?). We feel immersion is the small printout the printer will do when you land too hard (the 'print of shame') and the chime of the door and a flight attendant bringing you some coffee. 

We always wanted better lights and when TFDi offered that we jumped on it. It was not a massive issue for us as pilots tell us they do not tweak these dials a lot but if we can afford to license the technology so we decided to use it. I personally was always a bit more reluctant about the rain on the windshield because you only see that when you are on the ground and not going fast (going 450 km/h makes the rain look a bit different then on your car windshield at 110 km/h) but we added that as well. But all of that pushed the delivery date forwards. We also had some delay in the Connected Flight Deck technology that now uses a server and allows matchmaking and observers and in the end we were pushed over the Dec 8 deadline we set. Shit happens and I said so often, this is a base for many commercial and professional projects we do (did you know we now have over 500 educational licenses?) so we need to get the base right. 

So I decided to push hard this week and then slow down a bit the rest of the month and let the testers catch up. Early January we'll pick up the pace and close the A320/A321. Then we quickly jump on the A318/A319 (mostly porting stuff over) and then focus on the A330. But progress if totally amazing at this moment and I feel honored to be able to share that with you minutes after it has been done. 

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

In case you wonder why there are so many things being shown at this moment, it is because we are all working on visuals at this moment. Modeler Stefan will go on a 4 weeks vacation end of this week and we wanted to have some things completed.

Will do some vid tomorrow but here are some images, click on them to see them big

[...]

this is unbelievable!!! you guyz are taking the sim to a whole new level

cant wait to grab it

29 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

when I learned to fly

this is an interesting point I didnt know you are flying.