Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

On 29.11.2017 at 17:07, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We just had our weekly dev meeting and next to a lot of small staff we have also decided to make 2d panels (in the same style as the CRJ has) possible. We might have a way that makes the lit up correctly so only the perspective is weird. 

This. Is. Awesome. Thank you very much!! :boingy_s:

we like it! RealLight + TrueGlass beat FSLabs effects in my opinion!

Can you be able to post also a video clip about it?

Give us some time to tweak it (I think the drops are bit large etc) and then I'll do a short vid. Have to check it anyway.

vor 32 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Still needs tweaks but at least it works....

image.png

OMG im gonna switch to v4 now for sure.

10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Give us some time to tweak it (I think the drops are bit large etc) and then I'll do a short vid. Have to check it anyway.

Interesting addition. Well done, Aerosoft.

I haven't really checked out TrueGlass that much. Does the feature take into account rain intensity and speed?

vor 23 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Looks awesome! Will you also consider those effects in connection with snow and hail?

vor 42 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Agree. Rain drops seem too big. But looks awesome already at this stage. :)

17 minutes ago, Doughnut9 said:

Looks awesome! Will you also consider those effects in connection with snow and hail?

I have no idea if the technology allows that. We'll see. Btw the DC-8 also uses this.

Due to a refund from the electric board (cold weather payment) I am now getting P3D v4, hopefully Orbyx and later the A330 when released and funds gained as I am a semi invalid and have to budget carefully.  I am so overjoyed at being able to swap out from my long run with FSX and be better able to run the A330.  Sadly I have the A320 extended but I don't think it possible to use in P3D v4.  My Justflight planes move over so that is a bonus.  I am so overjoyed now and it's like being a kid again and excited about all the new additions and changes.  Thank you Aerosoft for putting out so many great planes.  I have short term memory problems and confusion due to severe pain medication but still manage to learn the systems in the AE planes and once they join long term memory I cope far better.  But these planes are so realistic and pleasing to the eye too.

2 hours ago, Doughnut9 said:

Snow is understood but hail....?...hell no..... you mean broken window glass or something ? 

Next... flock of birds please...

:lol:

Regards

The technology should also allow fogging and icing and that could proof useful on the DC8, in the Airbusses antiicing is automatic so you should never see ice on the windshield.

Of course our St Elmo's lights are still there!

Not sure if this actually happens, but I was wondering wouldn't the cabin temperature rise when passengers are boarding due to there body heat in such a small area and them breathing out. How possible is this to be implemented in the aircraft?

1 minute ago, lukeid123 said:

Not sure if this actually happens, but I was wondering wouldn't the cabin temperature rise when passengers are boarding due to there body heat in such a small area and them breathing out. How possible is this to be implemented in the aircraft?

How would this be beneficial for the simulation?

That you have to alter the cabin temperature?

Just now, 19_Invictus_21 said:

How would this be beneficial for the simulation?

That you have to alter the cabin temperature?

More to add to the realism of the aircraft and operations. Is it a huge feature, no. But at least it provides to the illusion of actually carrying passengers and not just dead air. 

vor 13 Minuten, lukeid123 sagte:

Are you really serious or just kidding? :D

38 minutes ago, lukeid123 said:

Not sure if the question was seriously asked or not but could not stop thinking about 2-3 other things :lol: that must be happening on planes..... and how those could be implemented...

Regards

Mathijs,  That rain is looking pretty darn good.  Its very close but its missing something and may be just a bit prominent.  Maybe a bit of green hue that you get from multi-pane laminated aircraft windows? Its been a long time since I sat in a cockpit on a rainy day just pondering - waking brain cells that have been sleeping for over a decade here.  I know rain on laminated windows is hard to describe.  Its different than a car window or a single pane aircraft window for that matter. I cant tell you what I mean but I'll know it when I see it lol.   Will be great to see a video of how the drops act as they break, join and drizzle away.

I'm in close touch with a RW pilot (7000+hrs in jets), that flies lots of WX and have sent the pic you posted for some feedback.  Also asked for some photos and possibly a video or 2 from him with focus on the windows.  

Will share whatever I get.

5 minutes ago, Prayog said:

Not sure if the question was seriously asked or not but could not stop thinking about 2-3 other things :lol: that must be happening on planes..... and how those could be implemented...

Regards

Cabin temperture could be shown on the air conditioning which rises slowly when passengers board. 

Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travel-truths/why-are-planes-so-cold/

"Airbus explained “the heat given off by passengers in a fully occupied cabin is considerable. Incoming air needs to be at or below the required cabin temperature if that temperature is to be maintained”."

1 hour ago, lukeid123 said:

That would be simulating a malfunctioning aircon system and we do not simulate that.

On ‎29‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 5:07 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We just had our weekly dev meeting and next to a lot of small staff we have also decided to make 2d panels (in the same style as the CRJ has) possible. We might have a way that makes the lit up correctly so only the perspective is weird. 

Over all things are going really well at this moment. A lot of the lighting in the cockpit is now redone. When that is complete the modelers will start on the windshield stuff.

Maybe a stupid question, but what is 2d panels (CRJ style)? Any screenshots in the pipeline?

May i ask is this airbus family going to be as Frame friendly as you're previous ones? If it is, i will be amazed because all of these new features are really nice!

I have to say I don't post on here that much (some might say thank God!), but I've been following the development and I am really looking forward to it's release as  it looks fantastic.

Rob