Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

28 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Can we print flex temps and v speed and take off information like what the real guys get from dispatch ?

Not every company does that IRL. But it is an interesting idea yes. 

Would also be nice to have a small tool to be able to print the weather information of the destination airport inflight before starting the approach. Just like in real life. That would be so cool.

Just now, Meyerflyer said:

Would also be nice to have a small tool to be able to print the weather information of the destination airport inflight before starting the approach. Just like in real life. That would be so cool.

Already implemented. ;) 

28 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

We are way ahead of you... will try to get a screenshot tomorrow.

Frank just told me the printer also prints automatically in case you land... uh let's say... enthusiastically and shows the vertical speed and G load. That's one bit of paper a pilot does not want to see but we'll implement it!

The printable weather information is an insanely cool feature!

You guys said that you're testing out TrueGlass right?

You reckon you're going to implement it?

vor 20 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We are way ahead of you... will try to get a screenshot tomorrow.

Frank just told me the printer also prints automatically in case you land... uh let's say... enthusiastically and shows the vertical speed and G load. That's one bit of paper a pilot does not want to see but we'll implement it!

Wow I'm really impressed. Are we talking about a print feature in the virtual cockpit or with a real desktop printer?

35 minutes ago, 19_Invictus_21 said:

You guys said that you're testing out TrueGlass right?

You reckon you're going to implement it?

12 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Yep, that would be RealLight.

I couldn't find a similar statement in regard to TrueGlass tough.

46 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

Wow I'm really impressed. Are we talking about a print feature in the virtual cockpit or with a real desktop printer?

We already have some print option for real printers in the current bus but this will be 100% virtual.

6 minutes ago, 19_Invictus_21 said:

Yep, that would be RealLight.

I couldn't find a similar statement in regard to TrueGlass tough.

We are testing both RealLight and TrueGlass at his moment and have allowed the release to slip forwards because of that. Even though I see limited benefit of either technology I fully understand that a lot of users consider rain and dimmable lights important. As we really focus on the way the VC interacts with the user these are issues we got to take into account. 

We have waited for Lockheed to implement these things and have made clear what we need to them, they have not provided the technology to this moment (understandable, it is a professional platform and dimmable lights are close to dancing polar bears on the PFD in the priority list for those customers). If our customer have different demands and we have a way to provide we will use it. It was something we intended to do in 2018 so when we can move that forwards by months at the cost of losing a few weeks it seems a good deal. 

Like the Connected Flight Deck this is stuff that will flow into the Dc-8 and CRJ development as well of course. 

And here a small preview of RealLight in action. Dimmable lights in the AS Airbus, who would have thought that..... ;) 

PS, WiP here.

1 hour ago, Frank Docter said:

And here a small preview of RealLight in action. Dimmable lights in the AS Airbus, who would have thought that..... ;) 

[...]

Looking fabulous and a lovely addition, Mathijs is getting softer, what's next? a certain area of the aircraft that provides lift reacting to aerodynamic loading being animated:P

Hello Aerosoft, as it is no question anymore with P3DV4 and dynamic lighting that the new A320 family and the A330 will have beacon light illumination on the wing will this feature also be integrated to the FSX version?

IMG_5946.JPG.5d13b57cb147874059827c446063bc40.JPG

IMG_5947.JPG.45aceac793d4e83a07357d04bd8b68f5.JPG

The whole true light and true glass may not seem that important. but when youre in the sim it honestly adds to the immersion for me anyway. I always feel a little more stressed when i fly int he rain in my cessna at school, now simming at home and you actually have good rain textures. i can feel that same stress. albeit its fun unlike at school where im getting graded. haha   

But everything looks great! :) 

8 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

That's just amazing. 

Is all lighting in the Airbus dimmable? And is it possible to choose between floodlights and background lights independently? I.e you could have a completely dark flightdeck with only back-lighting on (just creates so much atmosphere IMO) and floodlights with back-lighting.

Hope you know what I mean.

This feature just looks absolutely fantastic! Can't wait to see the bus in action if/when TrueGlass also is implemented.

18 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

[...]

I did. :)

I also thought that you're gonna add wing lights :D

Looks great. Hope you can release it on your revised schedule. Really looking forward to getting it. 

We just had our weekly dev meeting and next to a lot of small staff we have also decided to make 2d panels (in the same style as the CRJ has) possible. We might have a way that makes the lit up correctly so only the perspective is weird. 

Over all things are going really well at this moment. A lot of the lighting in the cockpit is now redone. When that is complete the modelers will start on the windshield stuff.

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We just had our weekly dev meeting and next to a lot of small staff we have also decided to make 2d panels (in the same style as the CRJ has) possible. .

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

YEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!

Thank you very much guys, you're making a great great job

Love the dimmable lights! Dumb question: the NGX has a control for cabin lighting independent of the cockpit, allowing percentage-based dimming and 'off'. Would something like that be difficult? Did a topic search for 'cabin lights' and didn't see anything.

Please don't get me wrong here but while all the enhancements to what was available in the previous version look great and will be welcomed by the majority of simmers, I can't help thinking that perhaps this may have been looked at in a different way.

With the number of simmers who've moved to P3Dv4 growing and eagerly awaiting the updated Airbus series, would there not have been a good argument to get the core product out with the reworked code but on a feature list that was on par with the older product initially, saving all the enhancements (dimmable lights, printer etc) for a Service Pack/update release?   Apart from getting money in the door sooner, you could benefit from a plethora of "pre-upgrade testing" from simmers on the core before all the new stuff was added (then effectively re-tested on that release) giving you less of a codebase to troubleshoot against?

Or is that just me...?