Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

1 hour ago, Er!k said:

Would it be possible to add custom flight safety announcements per airline? You now have different voice sets, but it would be nice that if let's say you fly Lufthansa a German Flight Safety announcements is being played. Of course the community can contribute by delivering files as well. Thanks for considering! 

It should be no problem providing you with the files names (as we do for other elements) so it can be tweaked. We'll provide a simple interface to change the sets.

Fuel print out and possibly metar, plus an Equi Point Time page.  Thats pretty sweet.   Both of which are not implemented on the FSL bus that I know of, yet it costs roughly 3x more. Now thats value. 

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The METAR that the sim has? If so no problem, you can see and print that.

I think it retrieves from AS16/ASP4

vor 5 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Some more news about the extended features of our Bus. Today about  AOC, something that is very important in modern airliners. As AOC message are often printed we decided to add a functional printer as well. Check out the short video. After I uploaded it I noticed it starts with the MCDU showing something you have not seen as well, lol.

Basically you can print a lot of the data and place it in your VC for reference. Even pilots forget stuff....

Very nice.

I wonder if this feature could be expanded to offer the option to put any PDF file on that clip at the side window. That could be a checklist, a chart or whatever the user decides to load up to the Airbus. Just brainstorming here.

From what I understand the new Airbus to FSX nothing new brings.
They are more specific for P3D, as well I get the ones I have because I use FSX (SP2). But I can not fail to see what a good job looks like

6 hours ago, JP said:

From what I understand the new Airbus to FSX nothing new brings.
They are more specific for P3D, as well I get the ones I have because I use FSX (SP2). But I can not fail to see what a good job looks like

I think they will eventually port over the features from the new version to the FSX ones after the A330 is released I think,

1 hour ago, aayyppxx said:

I think they will eventually port over the features from the new version to the FSX ones after the A330 is released I think,

As stated it will be ported over to the 32bit aircraft after the A330 yes. It is not yet decided which of the immersion features will make it into these versions due to VAS and sim engine constaints. 

System functionality like AP/FBW, MCDU and AOC pages will all be fully ported over in the new versions. 

11 hours ago, amm693 said:

I think it retrieves from AS16/ASP4

Mmm as we always said we are not fans of retrieving weather from any other source then the sim itself. That's the weather you see and feel, any other source is second hand and we seen often enough that it does not match what the sim has. Anybody can try that by trying to fly into heavy rain using WX. Our WX sees the rain in the sim so it will always be there, with other WX I have often been unable to actually find the rain even though the WX shows it.

10 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Very nice.

I wonder if this feature could be expanded to offer the option to put any PDF file on that clip at the side window. That could be a checklist, a chart or whatever the user decides to load up to the Airbus. Just brainstorming here.

No we do not plan that.

On 23.11.2017 at 2:53 PM, RandyD59 said:

Have you tried VR in a flight sim?  I did at FlightSimCon this past June.

For flight sim'ing there is much more down side with VR than up.  Even to see the medium details in the cockpit you need to zoom in on that item.  The small stuff takes a lot of zoom.  So you are zooming in/out all the time.  Try reading the smaller gauges without the zoom. Wait.  there's more bad. You cant see your controllers or key board. The VR hand controllers are not even close to what you would experience in any real aircraft.  Wear that headset for a cross the pond flight lol.

VR is no where close to ready for flight sim.  If you want to fly an arcade game though, that would be pretty cool as VR has a nice sensation of being inside a bigger picture.

As Mathijs says above, the only good way to see the level of detail needed for reading charts is to pop it out.  When you pop stuff out you pay a performance price and I think that would be the same case with VR.  We'll see what the future brings, but for now VR is in no way ready for our community.  If you want EFB do it on a 9 or 10 inch tablet - good ones are getting much cheaper now.  I use Galaxy S10 and its perfect for such applications.

I have been using VR for a year now with P3Dv4 and XP11. It is amazing and I would never start a flight without it. I like P3Dv4 native VR implementation, where you can go back to 2D for long cruises. For takeoff/climb and approach/landing I always use VR. 

With Chaseplane you can move around the cockpit. No need for zooming. The same is natively achievable in XP11.

Our community is always resistant to changes (the same happened when VCs started to show up). I think that has to do with the advance age of most simmers. Even though not a spring-chicken, I am always happy to embrace new technologies. VR is the best thing that has happened to flight simulation in the last 20 years, at least for me.

On 23.11.2017 at 1:53 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Now I have tried every VR goggles there are, but none of them has a resolution good enough to read the frequency on a nav chart. Unless you put your face 10 centimeters from the display, but that more or less spoils the who idea doesn't it? This is how a chart would look on a EFB on a HD screen at normal zoom factors.

image.png
That's real size. All the pixels it will have in an EFB in the VC. Now of course you can make it an undockable windows and use higher res in that, but again a tablet or even a smartphone makes a lot more sense then.

There are some Planes with Tablets already both on P3Dv4 and XP11 and I have no problem reading the information on them in VR. Do keep in mind that HMDs with improved resolution are coming out almost in a weekly basis.

Well you can use vr or use a camera addon with something like track ir. They both give the same effect albeit in a different environment. 

3 hours ago, tgcbraun said:

I have been using VR for a year now with P3Dv4 and XP11. It is amazing and I would never start a flight without it. I like P3Dv4 native VR implementation, where you can go back to 2D for long cruises. For takeoff/climb and approach/landing I always use VR. 

With Chaseplane you can move around the cockpit. No need for zooming. The same is natively achievable in XP11.

Our community is always resistant to changes (the same happened when VCs started to show up). I think that has to do with the advance age of most simmers. Even though not a spring-chicken, I am always happy to embrace new technologies. VR is the best thing that has happened to flight simulation in the last 20 years, at least for me.

You are one of the few - wait - you are the only one I know of that uses VR for flight sim in any dedicated way.  Yes, I'm an old dude but not resistant to change or at catching on to new tech. 

As I'm affiliated with a large group of virtual pilots I felt it my duty to try it all, but also see how others reacted to stuff presented at Flight Sim Con. I needed to bring information home and share it in the fairest way possible.  I kept a very open mind and I watched many others try out the technology and talked to them after.     I recall, everyone thought VR was very cool, but thought it just didn't fit quite right for flight sim'ing.  Young to old said the same thing.

I think of VR (as it is now) like Track IR.  It was cool and then the novelty wore off.  Many have $100s in Track IR hardware that just sits in a box now.  But back to the main point.  Putting bells and whistles into the sim that would be hard to see and just reduce performance cost time and money is a waist until the VR technology is truly ready for flight sim - if it ever gets to that point .  That mindset applies to VR and conventional viewing as well. 

3 minutes ago, RandyD59 said:

You are one of the few - wait - you are the only one I know of that uses VR for flight sim in any dedicated way.  Yes, I'm an old dude but not resistant to change or at catching on to new tech. 

As I'm affiliated with a large group of virtual pilots I felt it my duty to try it all, but also see how others reacted to stuff presented at Flight Sim Con. I needed to bring information home and share it in the fairest way possible.  I kept a very open mind and I watched many others try out the technology and talked to them after.     I recall, everyone thought VR was very cool, but thought it just didn't fit quite right for flight sim'ing.  Young to old said the same thing.

I think of VR (as it is now) like Track IR.  It was cool and then the novelty wore off.  Many have $100s in Track IR hardware that just sits in a box now.  But back to the main point.  Putting bells and whistles into the sim that would be hard to see and just reduce performance cost time and money is a waist until the VR technology is truly ready for flight sim - if it ever gets to that point .  That mindset applies to VR and conventional viewing as well. 

While I respect your point of view, I am glad that multiple developers have already embraced VR, including Laminar Research AND Lockheed Martin which included native VR in their platforms. If VR was an unimportant, almost prototypical, type of technology, they would not do this. Both companies have already stated that VR is here to stay and LM even mentioned it being a breakthrough feature for advanced training. 

I am a pretty hardcore simmer and I acknowledge that there are limitations with the VR technology. Of course, a monitor is much more practical for the flight-planning stage. But once everything is set, there is nothing more satisfying than just sit on the cockpit and have that 3D perspective (remember, it is possible to switch from 2D to 3D and back on the fly).

Yes, the resolution could be better, but this will be solved sooner than later (4K+ HMDs are already available).

Where's the VISA/MC/AMEX card reader needed to pay for the fuel?  hehe

Looks fantastic Aerosoft dev team.

Cheers, Rob.

The printer seems like a very handy feature. Will we able to print the legs page ? Like the enroute waypoints and the SID/STAR waypoints ?

Yes, we got the basic gauge working but as there is no server to hook up to it will only show as 'not connected'.

On other news today...

6e89eb352d96b5f141ed82b27b6ebc9b.png

This now fully dimmable and it is still razor sharp...

The only downside is that it needs a change in then Prepar3d.cfg...You need to edit your Prepar3D.cfg (located in C:\Users\%YOUR_USER_ACCOUNT%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg):
in [PANELS] section
from former MAX_VC_TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=1024
to now MAX_VC_TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=2048