Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Will the sat dome be optional or will it always be there in the 2018 bus? And it will always be white regardless the colour of the aircraft body, as the dome is not contained in the existing repaints, right? Nice new "feature" nevertheless. :)

Hi,

A question on the new A320 Professional series coming, is there any planned change to the Aerosoft logic to board passengers?

Side Note

The reason for asking is with GSX, there's an issue where if GSX is initiated first and the progressive passenger and fuel loading initiated on MCDU2 is being used, it messes up the simulation of loading the correct # of passengers.(related to GSX does not know what the final weight of the aircraft is going to be I believe)

Over on the FSDT forum, it is stated that this issue lies with the way in which Aerosoft handles the progressive  loading process compared to other vendors aircraft that also use a similar progressive loading function. See here for explanation. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10873.msg85247.html#msg85247

The workaround is to load the Bus with a min of 35 passengers already (this meets the logic to send a passenger bus of the right size from GSX when boarding is triggered), then click Boarding from MCDU2 and then proceed with the cargo loading. You then have to add the remaining passengers to board via MCDU2 again and then the fuel. While you are able to fool GSX, it is not an elegant solution to being able to use the progressive loading functions easily on the Airbus. If anyone found a more elegant workaround to this I would be interested of course.

Regards

Mark

• Upvote 2

On 16.02.2018 at 6:27 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

It's used for CPDLC purposes, so clearances, etc.

As far as I know you can not use them to display weather. You can use the MCDU for it though or simply print it from the MCDU and stick it to the window frame as paper printout.

Is there anything to get ''Oceanic Clearance'' or messaging to dispatcher. If you know the B777 like how comm button works.

42 minutes ago, umut1 said:

Is there anything to get ''Oceanic Clearance'' or messaging to dispatcher. If you know the B777 like how comm button works.

I'm assuming your asking about VATSIM or IVAO?  CLDP is in the works on both networks, but it's not  something I think we'll see for some time to come. If and when it's available on the network then Mathijs has said that the devs would like to implement it in the aircraft.  But until there is code on the other end to interface with there is no way it can be done.

I'm not sure if there is any third party ATC clients that produce Ocenanic clearances and position reports, but frankly the number of people who use such ATC presents too small a market to justify CLDP implementation in the aircraft, and even if that weren't the case it may well be problematic from a coding perspective and require far too much ongoing technical support - which has to be factored into the cost of adding the software.

Best wishes!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AlexDownloader said:

Will it be released today? Or delay again?

Who told you that there would be a release today (on a Sunday!)? And why would it be delayed? 

Please read the two posts on top of every page in this topic carefully to understand what has been said about the release date.

If that information isn't enough for you, you can also use the forum search to search "this topic" for "release".

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Just wanted to pop in and say while the devil did try to tempt me, and try hard he did :diablo_s:, I did not give in and purchase another Airbus which I was contemplating after their performance improvement release. I feel really good in my choice to buy the complete Airbus line from Aerosoft.

9 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Just wanted to pop in and say while the devil did try to tempt me, and try hard he did :diablo_s:, I did not give in and purchase another Airbus which I was contemplating after their performance improvement release. I feel really good in my choice to buy the complete Airbus line from Aerosoft.

Glad you found the decision that works best for your simming style Eric. ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 2/17/2018 at 10:57 AM, supera380 said:

A question on the new A320 Professional series coming, is there any planned change to the Aerosoft logic to board passengers?

At this moment not. We feel that the loading of passengers and cargo is function of the aircraft, not an extension of the simulator. However we were not aware of this issue, so if you would be so kind to give me some more information at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com I'll discuss it with the developers. 

• Upvote 3

Can we have a look at the doors and the mechanisms for that again? I just wanna have another look at how good-looking that entire model is.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, amahran said:

Can we have a look at the doors and the mechanisms for that again? I just wanna have another look at how good-looking that entire model is.

What specifically did you want to see?  The more specific you can be, the better.

8 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

What specifically did you want to see?  The more specific you can be, the better.

Oh, just the locking and securing mechanisms, the hydraulic/pneumatic cylinders, guiding swing-arms, and the way the top of the door kinda swings down when the door is being opened and closed.

I'm sure Stefan and Mathijs know what I'm talking about ;)

Apologies if this has already been answered, but will there be an automatic step climb feature in the A330, such as those seen in many PMDG aircraft??

1 hour ago, kylesiwek42 said:

Apologies if this has already been answered, but will there be an automatic step climb feature in the A330, such as those seen in many PMDG aircraft??

From what I remember from the old threads. Mathijs said that there wouldn't be auto step climb. I don't know if they have changed their minds but I would guess that they haven't.

2 hours ago, kylesiwek42 said:

I asked a question along a similar line regarding time compression recently, which I hope will go hand in hand with auto step climbs and generally accepted as long-haul essentials IMO.

Here is what Emi replied (which is encouraging, but we can only hope they'll consider them as important as we do when it comes to flying a plane that can stay up for 12 hours + at a time.)

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/127623-aerosoft-a318a319a320a321a330-professional-preview-part-4/&do=findComment&comment=865829

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

At this moment not. We feel that the loading of passengers and cargo is function of the aircraft, not an extension of the simulator. However we were not aware of this issue, so if you would be so kind to give me some more information at mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com I'll discuss it with the developers. 

OK thanks Mathijs for looking into this. I'll send you more info about this observation later today.

Regards

Mark 

With the debacle surrounding FSL today, how widespread is this practice in your opinion?  As I trust Aerosoft 100% can you reassure us the AS A320 series will not use the same anti-piracy techniques? mods delete this if you think the question is inappropriate but it is a genuine concern/question. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Who told you that there would be a release today (on a Sunday!)? And why would it be delayed? 

Haha, I think he put 2 and 2 together and got 4.2. The 2nd pinned post by Mathijs, was made on the 4th, and he expected to be out on the 18th, 14 days later lol. 

Anyways, 10 days to go before the month of February is past us. Mathijs did say they would be releasing one product in February, did he not ?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to comment on the screen shots that were posted recently. 

The cockpit is looking really really good and the lighting is fantastic !

With that lighting, nighttime flying is going to be a pleasure.

I too can hardly wait to get those new busses into the air !

Will the Pro Series provide efficient livestock Air transportation? I mean, what about taking some horses up in the air? Thanks.

• Upvote 2

Is there any new information about the release? ps. I wasn't that active these days so I^m sorry if I missed it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4