Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

All I would say is that P3D v4.2 kills your GPU. Unless you have a top PC, stay away from it...

• Downvote 9

vor 2 Minuten, Drmaldition sagte:

All I would say is that P3D v4.2 kills your GPU. Unless you have a top PC, stay away from it...

Seriously? I don't know, really, but isn't it a bit tooo early to say that? There are so many different opinions on that since yesterday ...

• Upvote 1

Well, I have an iMac late 2015 (I know, not the best for gaming) and run P3D v4 in BOOTCAMP. I have gone from +35-45 fps down to 10-11 fps and constant freezes (and this is now with pretty much minimal graphics). Task manager shows GPU usage 97-99%. As I said: a real killer. At least for me.

• Downvote 4

vor 3 Minuten, Drmaldition sagte:

I dont have any severe problems at all . The only problem that I encountered was a issue when I loaded a new flight.

4 minutes ago, Drmaldition said:

Task manager shows GPU usage 97-99%. As I said: a real killer. At least for me.

Of course that is a good thing, unused GPU cycles are like unused memory, useless. Ideally a demanding application would max out yuor CPU, GPU and all memory to get you the highest fps and best looking frames.

• Upvote 4

vor 1 minute, DaveCT2003 sagte:

We need to stay away from making these types of open ended comments.

But if you can't help but make them, then they need to be qualified with both system and software specifications (the aircraft in use along with base and airport scenery), then state what happened on your system instead of making a blanket statement that some may take to mean every system will suffer from problems.

I have three different systems that is running P3DV4.2 without any problems or affect on frame rates.  Systems specifications:

i7-4770K

16GB RAM

GTX1080 11GB

PMDG NGX/747

Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319 Professional (BETA)

Leonardo Maddog X (BETA)

TFDi B717

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Professional

Note:  Testing the latest update of the CRJ this morning, so I don't know how the frame are with the CRJ).

i7-3770K

16GB RAM

GTX1070 8GB

Same aircraft as mentioned above

AMD 8350

16GB RAM

GTX1070 (unsure of RAM, I'll update when I know)

TFDi B717

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Professional

Well Dave, I've got a new 1050TI with 4GB for my system two months ago and so far had absolutely no problem with 4.1, but now I'm a bit anxious that nothing will work anymore on my system after the update ...

Really very unsure about that ...

• Upvote 1

I have only a Dual Core Intel Anniversary Processor, 8Gb DDR3 Ram and a GSX 550TI 1GB video card.  I'm not worried by the above at all. I'm a semi invalid and it will be a long time before I can think about upgrading but heck I just dial it down as always and hope for the best.  I can usually make it work some way or other.  I may get a second hand i5 processor later in the year as CEX often have them in for a socket 1150 then look for a better video card in the fall, around Black Friday.  At least for now my P3D 4.2 works acceptably.

• Upvote 1

Gentleman,

this still is the Airbus preview topic. There is nothing wrong with discussing any P3Dv4.2 related topics, but please do so in a separate topic. Aerosoft will keep you informed in here about all findings in regard of the performance of the bus in this simulator version. Mathijs also already told you, that if necessary extensions will be reverted again to keep the performance on an acceptable level.

Thank you.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, DLHAirbus321 said:

Well Dave, I've got a new 1050TI with 4GB for my system two months ago and so far had absolutely no problem with 4.1, but now I'm a bit anxious that nothing will work anymore on my system after the update ...

Really very unsure about that ...

Really very unsure about what?

1 hour ago, Drmaldition said:

Well, I have an iMac late 2015 (I know, not the best for gaming) and run P3D v4 in BOOTCAMP. I have gone from +35-45 fps down to 10-11 fps and constant freezes (and this is now with pretty much minimal graphics). Task manager shows GPU usage 97-99%. As I said: a real killer. At least for me.

So you’re running this highly demanding piece of software on an OS, on top of another Os, and with less than ideal specs to boot, and you’re blaming the update..?

ok....

Edit: Ha, classical case of shooting the messenger... Downvotes for stating facts... Would you guys also like to try running it on a Commodore 64..?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

14 hours ago, WatkinTench said:

With due respect there seems to be a timeframe provided for the 318/19, sometime in the next 6 weeks is still Quarter 1.

There is also a timeframe on the pinned post at the top...specifically "That will probably this year very early 2018".  Note the lined thru words.

The lined thru words are updated when they have more info about the progress on the project and are probably the closest you'll get to a release timeframe.  And note that he says "that is most certainly their plan".

Just look back at all the posts last year as the end of the year was nearing and some even thought they may be flying the Bus by Christmas.  Then the ones just after New Years when folks were hoping for a late January, early Feb. release.

It is really pointless to point out (pun intended) any statements made about timeframes.  You won't see it in the next six weeks just because that will be the end of Quarter 1, if it gets too close to that date and Mathijs feels they won't make the date, you'll see that line in the pinned post change to something like:  "That will probably this year very somtime in 2018".

Best to just disregard anything and everything regarding release dates and/or timeframes.  You can bet they will release it as soon as they feel its ready (like that's never been said before, hehe).

And really best to disregard release dates from EVERY developer (based on very recent news from another dev that probably has their fans crawling the walls...LOL)  I do....and my life is much calmer because of it. ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

To be back on topic, is there any news to share from the weekly project meeting? I think all the devs are busy installing P3D v4.2 :D

6 minutes ago, Er!k said:

To be back on topic, is there any news to share from the weekly project meeting? I think all the devs are busy installing P3D v4.2 :D

Yes, posted yesterday by Mathijs. Just read back, before the VRAM started.

6 minutes ago, Er!k said:

I did report yesterday... with some very nice images I would think.

Ahh sorry... I indeed must have missed it! For the other people who missed it:

Some updates. (after our weekly dev meeting)

• We completed all test on P3d V4.2 and found little that could cause problems. One possible issue is that it might be that GPU's with less than 8Gb of memory could be problematic and causing low fps. Lower than in P3d V4.1 in any case, we are still looking into it but will for sure demand 6 and preferably 8 Gb of GPU mem. 
  • We decided to add models with the ugly sat domes as most airlines are quickly adding them. 
  • All lights in the VC are now completed (that took a LOT longer than expected), will make one of my crummy videos later this week. You asked for it, hope you find the investment in time worthwhile.
  • All issue with click zones are now solved (thanks Lockheed!!) This means testing can now finally resume.
  • We think we got enough information to do the new LH livery and will of course include it.

I will leave you with an image of the VC with the side console/floor on bright and the reading light on 75% brightness. I think it is pretty good, but what do I know. Please do not expect the reading light to stay on when you open the window. Stefan and Frank spend two hours on that before throwing in the towel. Do click to see it in full res.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, walterg74 said:

So you’re running this highly demanding piece of software on an OS, on top of another Os, and with less than ideal specs to boot, and you’re blaming the update..?

ok....

Uhm... just to clarify... Bootcamp on a Macbook, doesn't run 'on top of another OS'! 

It's simply a way of setting up Dual-Boot with OSX. When booting Windows, OSX isn't running in the background.

Sorry for off-topic! 

• Upvote 2

Will the A330 have the same features as the baby busses. ie lights, and all the other things you have added? And will there be some features in the A330, which is special to the 330?

1 hour ago, Jlunddk said:

Will the A330 have the same features as the baby busses. ie lights, and all the other things you have added? And will there be some features in the A330, which is special to the 330?

Yes all that is in the smaller busses will be in the 330. And of course the 330 has some special features due it being a different aircraft. But just as Airbus intended, it is very much the same for the pilots.

• Upvote 1

I guess the new Airbus requires  v4.2 Client, as only the Scenery an Content work on my PC as v4.2 or is it possible to run the airbus with a 4.1 client?? I know 4.2 is required but maybe content and scenery are enough, bad question, right??

1 minute ago, Felix330 said:

I guess the new Airbus requires  v4.2 Client, as only the Scenery an Content work on my PC as v4.2 or is it possible to run the airbus with a 4.1 client?? I know 4.2 is required but maybe content and scenery are enough, bad question, right??

Yes, the “meat” of the updates is in the client. 

Content and scenery are more just “cosmetic”...

• Upvote 1

vor 1 minute, walterg74 sagte:

Yes, the “meat” of the updates is in the client. 

Content and scenery are more just “cosmetic”...

As expected, hopefully there is a "fix" for my blackscreen "bug", but thanks for the information...

14 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes all that is in the smaller busses will be in the 330. And of course the 330 has some special features due it being a different aircraft. But just as Airbus intended, it is very much the same for the pilots.

Hey Mathijs,

Was the consideration to add time compression logic to the A330 one of those "special features" you speak of?  I can't recall where we left that at months ago or if there has been internal discussions since the last public comments.

I know it would be an invaluable tool for most simmers for a long-haul aircraft.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, steve dra said:

Hey Mathijs,

Was the consideration to add time compression logic to the A330 one of those "special features" you speak of?  I can't recall where we left that at months ago or if there has been internal discussions since the last public comments.

I know it would be an invaluable tool for most simmers for a long-haul aircraft.

Hi Steve! It's been a long time!

It is most certainly a consideration that is on our table, not yet implemented however.

You can be sure I will be one of those pushing it for the A330 release, though maybe not for the initial A320 Family release. We surely understand the significance of time acceleration for long haul aircraft, though we have to see how they are compatible with our fly by wire system and what is technically possible with it..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2