Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

6 hours ago, marvic said:

Well, All I can say that I just finished upgrading my motherboard, CPU, RAM, CPU fan and Case. It will be very disappointing to not be able to have the busses after spending a thousand dollars. I have a GTX 1060 6 gb card too and NOT spending another Grand on a 1080. I hope this gets all sorted. 

I'm sorry, but what exactly do you hope to get sorted?! :huh:

Lockheed-Martin has upped (or changed) the way GPU and GPU memory gets utilized in Prepar3D V4.2... There's not any issue or bug present, as far as I can tell here... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Lockheed-Martin has upped (or changed) the way GPU and GPU memory gets utilized in Prepar3D V4.2... There's not any issue or bug present, as far as I can tell here... 

And that is their fair prerogative, as long as they know that IF it is an intended change, a large percentage of their userbase will stay at 4.1 because they simply do not have more than 4GB of VRAM. Since the new Airbus requires 4.2, this challenge is inherited by AS as well.Which is why, I think, many of us are quietly hoping the extra VRAM usage is a bug or at least unintended - because the alternative is a bit dire, hehe. Personally, I can't go and buy a graphics card with 8GB VRAM just for the sake of one version upgrade (4.1 to 4.2).

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, aktorsyl said:

And that is their fair prerogative, as long as they know that IF it is an intended change, a large percentage of their userbase will stay at 4.1 because they simply do not have more than 4GB of VRAM. Since the new Airbus requires 4.2, this challenge is inherited by AS as well.Which is why, I think, many of us are quietly hoping the extra VRAM usage is a bug or at least unintended - because the alternative is a bit dire, hehe. Personally, I can't go and buy a graphics card with 8GB VRAM just for the sake of one version upgrade (4.1 to 4.2).

An again the time has come to remind all of you that Prepare3D is NOT a consumer product, but more a professional software for training purpose used by professionals, which only use a very limited amount of addons. ;)

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, CuzIm_Tom said:

Can I fly this plane with a GTX 1060 wit 6 GB too? 

Sure.

We are still not sure if P3d V4.2 does indeed demand more GPU memory, it's only an indication we have, for this product we'll advise exactly what Lockheed advises:

image.png

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, marvic said:

Well, All I can say that I just finished upgrading my motherboard, CPU, RAM, CPU fan and Case. It will be very disappointing to not be able to have the busses after spending a thousand dollars. I have a GTX 1060 6 gb card too and NOT spending another Grand on a 1080. I hope this gets all sorted. 

I am really not sure what people are so upset about. If your hardware is below the system recommended requirements of the product it will most likely still run but it might be (might be, nothing more) affect performance.  It's not a question of 'sorted' or not. We recommend exactly what Lockheed recommends.

image.png

I think it will run fine on 6 Gb. But where we ran into VAS memory issues in 32 bit we are now running quickly running into GPU memory restrictions because everybody is adding complexity. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am really not sure what people are so upset about. If your hardware is below the system recommended requirements of the product it will most likely still run but it might be (might be, nothing more) affect performance.  It's not a question of 'sorted' or not. We recommend exactly what Lockheed recommends.

image.png

I think it will run fine on 6 Gb. But where we ran into VAS memory issues in 32 bit we are now running quickly running into GPU memory restrictions because everybody is adding complexity. 

Thank you, Matjiis - and I agree. I think the real question is, how is the VRAM usage in v4.2 compared to the same scenario (same graphic settings, same addons, same everything) in v4.1.

If it's significantly more, people are going to be alarmed all right. It's human nature :)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, aktorsyl said:

Thank you, Matjiis - and I agree. I think the real question is, how is the VRAM usage in v4.2 compared to the same scenario (same graphic settings, same addons, same everything) in v4.1.

If it's significantly more, people are going to be alarmed all right. It's human nature :)

I get that, but P3d V4 always had that hardware requirements. I am just surprised that people are now upset when add-on developers start to use it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I think what people are "upset" about, is they might not be able to use new addons without having to update ie their GPU, especially now where they're very expensive. I have no intensions on updating my PC with a GTX970, at the moment, since flightsimming is a very little part of what I'm using it for, But I can live with maybe having to turn down details, graphic settings etc, if that means I will still be able to use the busses (providing I update to P3Dv4.2). 

• Upvote 3

As Mathijs said:

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

At this moment we are not worried at all and neither should you. 

;) 

• Upvote 3

I had to replace my GTX a year ago and was not happy spending £375 on a good one. From the comments above I just went to see what prices are like. The same 1070 GTX is now £565. OMG!!!!

I feel for anyone needing wanting to upgrade.:unsure:

1080Ti are £900 -£950..WHAT!!!!

Lets just see how they get on with testing. A new GPU may not be required yet

GPU prices are really high at the moment. With new Nvidia GPU's just around the corner 1080ti's should drop anyway making it a bit less of a blow should you need an upgrade.

I have a 980TI and to be honest the CRJ lighting tears my system in half. All systems are different I guess 

Hi Tom A320; in the month of May of the 15th I bought from Flightsim Store the Airbus bundle; am I entitled to have the discount for the next release? thank you

Please read the first post of this topic, which is also shown on top of each page in this topic.

Yes of course there will be an update discount also for the bundle package.

• Upvote 1

Somebody asked me how we handle enroute winds....

• In the INIT page click the WINDS (or WINDS page via the DATA INDEX page 2,and also via the VERT RET page)
  • When the WINDS page is active click the WINDS REQUEST prompt at any subpage. You'll see dashes in all wind lines, and the star symbol next to the "WINDS REQUEST" will disappear.
  • Then in few seconds you'll normally get the uplinked wind data at the same page (they replace the dashes) and the "WIND DATA UPLINK" scratchpad message, and now you can insert them into the FMGS.
  • Currently it supports the ActiveSky2016 and PFPX (via PMDG format).
  • In case of a problem (e.g. no wind source data is found) the dashes disappear, and the star symbol next to the "WINDS REQUEST" will appear again meaning you can repeat the winds request.
  • Upvote 1

vor 7 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

• Currently it supports the ActiveSky2016 and PFPX (via PMDG format).

What about useres without active sky ? Will it be added to work with the normal simulator weather ?

I have it but you said that you would not implement something that you would have to pay extra for (Like Active Sky).

Let me ask about that. As you know we take great care to keep the add-on fully functional without other add-ons (weather radar etc), but it could be this data is simply not available in the sim.

6 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Well Anders, a significant point out here, I am only one of thousands of customers without an 8 gig card, The loss of sales would be significant to both LM and the developers as not  

everyone can or will purchase an 8 gig card. The last time I checked, huge investments need huge returns. Anyway, I said my peace, and as always, I speak with my wallet.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Let me ask about that. As you know we take great care to keep the add-on fully functional without other add-ons (weather radar etc), but it could be this data is simply not available in the sim.

Okay, it seems this data is simply not available in the default sim. 

20 minutes ago, marvic said:

Well Anders, a significant point out here, I am only one of thousands of customers without an 8 gig card, The loss of sales would be significant to both LM and the developers as not  

everyone can or will purchase an 8 gig card. The last time I checked, huge investments need huge returns. Anyway, I said my peace, and as always, I speak with my wallet.

That still doesn't change the fact, that there isn't any bug, issue or any other thing which needs to 'get sorted', which was my original question. Even if Lockheed-Martin has changed the minimum requirements (which they haven't), there still wouldn't be anything which needs to be sorted or worked on... 

The fact, that you or other (potential customers) can't or won't purchase the necessary hardware isn't really something which constitutes a bug which needs to be resolved. 

• Upvote 4

vor 24 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Okay, it seems this data is simply not available in the default sim. 

Thank you for `the quick response :)

43 minutes ago, Lennart1948 said:

What about useres without active sky ? Will it be added to work with the normal simulator weather ?

I have it but you said that you would not implement something that you would have to pay extra for (Like Active Sky).

Every Programm that can create a wx-file in the PMDG format is sufficient. There is no need for a specific addon. 

• Upvote 1