Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Recommended Posts

Quote

I am tired of waiting for this product. I lost hope that this product gets released in the next time......

Ah, the good old fast food generation. I want it and I want it now!!!!

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mathijis,

 

First: you're a class act. Really love the transparency in your posts, and your genuine passion for what you do.

 

Second: I *thought* I read in the past in this topic that in addition to 3D objects like the newspaper, coffee cup, etc, there might be a 3D pilot in the cockpit as well. Was this a dream I had, or was this actually planned? I've tried searching for the past 15 minutes and I can't come up with anything, which leads me to believe I should be on my way to the looney house.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

will it include the famous missing knob for the window that exists on FSL'S? Otherwise it looks brand new, unlike FSL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, nextgeneric said:

Mathijis,

 

First: you're a class act. Really love the transparency in your posts, and your genuine passion for what you do.

 

Second: I *thought* I read in the past in this topic that in addition to 3D objects like the newspaper, coffee cup, etc, there might be a 3D pilot in the cockpit as well. Was this a dream I had, or was this actually planned? I've tried searching for the past 15 minutes and I can't come up with anything, which leads me to believe I should be on my way to the looney house.

A dream would be to have the first officer to be physically in the virtual cockpit, moving according to FS2Crew :wub:

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 747-400fan said:

will it include the famous missing knob for the window that exists on FSL'S? Otherwise it looks brand new, unlike FSL

 

Yep, those are already implemented. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

however the human eye is trained to tell exactly what a human is and what not.

If we'd put a copilot who really looks like a human into the right seat all your neaty 1080Tis will be brought to their knees, just like your fps.

You mean, with all the rest of the VC you're just exploiting the weakness of our eyes? :P

I won't be able to tell. My legs are grey, my ears are gnarled, and my eyes are old and bent.

 

Peter

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Then we ran headlong into a major issue with a bug in the sim. It took us 10 days to understand what was happening and to confirm it was not our own fault. It also meant that we can't release until Lockheed releases the fixed version. 

 

 

Mathijs, one quick question in this regard - does it mean Lockheed will have to release an update for P3D which we have to install client-side as well, or is it just an SDK update that you as developers have to use?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aktorsyl said:

 

Mathijs, one quick question in this regard - does it mean Lockheed will have to release an update for P3D which we have to install client-side as well, or is it just an SDK update that you as developers have to use?

 

Yes, there's that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the crypto-currency 'miners' as they're called need faster and tougher videocards.  We will benefit from that, for sure, Emi, so keep up the dreaming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mathijs:  it has just dawned on me.  Are we now waiting for a hotfix from LM before you can complete the first product?  Heck, if so, just say so, as that changes the debate completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, macca22au said:

Are we now waiting for a hotfix from LM before you can complete the first product? 

 

The AS Bus does need P3D v4.2 to work as intended but the release, of the Airbus, is in no way imminent. There is still some work to be done before it is complete. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Álvaro Jiménez García said:

Will the A330 be compatible whit FSX:SE?

 

Answered on the previous page. The answer applies to all flavors of FSX.

 

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

I understand your point of view. but look at it from our side.

 

FSX is close to a decade old, full of bugs and no longer supported in any way (even Dovetails have given up).  At any moment a Windows update could kill it because it is based on code that is 20 years old and not even close to using a modern DirectX version.  So it does not surprise us that most customers want to move to a new platform that is supported, growing and future proof.  Besides we feel we have a very competitive 32 bit version. In it's price class there is nothing that comes even close. 

 

That said, we will look at 32 bits when the time comes, no decision has been made. But understand that time is not on the side of 32 bits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Herman said:

 

 

Answered on the previous page. The answer applies to all flavors of FSX.

 

 

Okay... So whether the A330 will be compatible with FSX/FSX:SE, is still being decided?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

 

The AS Bus does need P3D v4.2 to work as intended but the release, of the Airbus, is in no way imminent. There is still some work to be done before it is complete. 

 

Thanks for the clarification :) Could you possibly indicate one more thing for us please, if possible - what would the downside be of running the Airbus on P3D v4.1 ? What features would not work, for instance?

(Just thinking of P3D client upgrade and its compatibility with other addons too, here)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Okay... So whether the A330 will be compatible with FSX/FSX:SE, is still being decided?

 

No, it is decided. The "update" path is undecided, meaning the A318-21 line. The A330 is not an update but a complete new product. 

 

It will be released in a  32bit and 64 version. Nothing else has been said in this topic. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

 

The AS Bus does need P3D v4.2 to work as intended but the release, of the Airbus, is in no way imminent. There is still some work to be done before it is complete. 

 

Indeed, right now it is stopping beta testing as most testers are on 4.1. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.