Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A318/A319/A320/A321/A330 Professional Preview (part 4)

Hi Mathijs,

I am hoping Aerosoft will make available the Professional versions of A318/319/320/321 in the very near future. I am about to move to P3D v.4.1 or later and as these great products are incompatible with 64-bit version of P3D I may have to find something else.

I know you are probably fed up listening to us moaners getting more impatient by the day but patience has its limits. What is the best and worst case scenario regarding the availability of this upgrade?

Kind Regards

Global Aviator

18 minutes ago, Global Aviator said:

Hi Mathijs,

I am hoping Aerosoft will make available the Professional versions of A318/319/320/321 in the very near future. I am about to move to P3D v.4.1 or later and as these great products are incompatible with 64-bit version of P3D I may have to find something else.

I know you are probably fed up listening to us moaners getting more impatient by the day but patience has its limits. What is the best and worst case scenario regarding the availability of this upgrade?

Kind Regards

Global Aviator

This is just based on consideration of info in this thread and speculation ,  on page #64 Mathijs states that the plan is certainly still to release Q1 2018, that would be anytime from now till 31st March, Considering the 318/19 and the 320/21 and 330, with the 318/19 first to release, there is still significant hurdles for aerosoft to release it (P3D clickspots an example), and I imagine you'd know at least a week or two before release, I would say a realistic window is Mid February till march, adding +2 Weeks for the 320/21 and perhaps a longer time gap for the A330X. 

21 minutes ago, Global Aviator said:

know you are probably fed up listening to us moaners getting more impatient by the day but patience has its limits. What is the best and worst case scenario regarding the availability of this upgrade?

I'm not fed up, don;t worry. 

We believe that being as open as possible is the best way to go.  I will never say 'it will be released when it is done'  because I think that is rather insulting to customers. That's why I even report on our weekly meetings. I dare say there is no other company that comes close to being this revealing. So in many ways you know as much as I do.  Simply put, I do not know when we will release. It depends on what we think we can get done in a reasonable time, what we believe can be added after release etc. etc. I explained early this week why a release date depends a lot on the feedback we get from Lockheed on a major issue we are facing.

If your patience is running out, I am sorry, not a lot I can do about it. There are other Airbusses for sale and some of them are even very good.  Ours will be very good as well, unique even in some aspects, just not ready.

Now on a personal note, I'm not fed up, but I really do not understand the point of these questions. It's a bit like 'when is Christmas', asking about it has zero influence on the actual event. These discussions only upset some people. I promise that we'll stay as open as possible but I will not answer  questions like what's the best and worst case because I would be pulling dates out of thin air. I would be fooling you with fake data. 

So as it makes no sense to ask and I promise to be as open as possible, could we lay of from getting into this ants nest every few days?

2 minutes ago, WatkinTench said:

d perhaps a longer time gap for the A330X. 

Keep in mind we had a lot of stuff done on the A330 when we moved back on the A320 because we believed it would not be correct to ask existing customers to wait longer then needed. We felt a large obligation towards existing customers then towards new ones. A decision bookkeeping did not agree with btw, lol.

I'm pretty sure that most of your current A320 Customers will be future A330 customers ;)

vor 12 Minuten, bene. sagte:

I'm pretty sure that most of your current A320 Customers will be future A330 customers ;)

If there will be an A330-200 in the future I'll be definately a customer, too. :)

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We believe that being as open as possible is the best way to go.  I will never say 'it will be released when it is done'  because I think that is rather insulting to customers. That's why I even report on our weekly meetings. I dare say there is no other company that comes close to being this revealing.

You right Mathijs, it is insulting so is " it will be in your hands soon" or just "soon" then months and months pass from them comments with no updates or anything.

You keeping your customers or customers to be (like Meyerflyer above) in the loop is truly an admiral thing. Unlike just about every other Developer that think " when we have something to say or show we will do". I own a shop and if I dealt with customers like Developers do with "it's software" like that gives them the perfect excuse to treat people with disregard until ofc they want their money. I am a huge fan of the A320 I fly, but to not even get an update of what's happening before Christmas or any update for 3 months is frankly disgracefully. Like the point your making just a 10 min job to keep your customers informed goes a huge way to making them feel looked after and respected. An update does not have to be about a release date at all, but just like you do it keep people informed and I personally think that's all people want.

I applaud your stance on this.

PS: I know your mods think I can be very harsh and abrupt but at the same time I will happy give credit when credit is due. 

One of the reasons we like to know timeframes is simple.  Some of us are on limited income.  We have to prioritise.  Even "small' upgrade charges can be signifigent to a pensioner.  I can buy about 3 full feaure aircraft a year,  This means if it will be four or five months I can probably use the money I have set aside to buy another thing I want but not as much.  If I do buy it and it comes out next month I would be unable to upgrade to the one I want, yours for some time after.  That said your policy of keeping us in the loop helps.

27 minutes ago, harrry said:

One of the reasons we like to know timeframes is simple.  Some of us are on limited income.  We have to prioritise.  Even "small' upgrade charges can be signifigent to a pensioner.  I can buy about 3 full feaure aircraft a year,  This means if it will be four or five months I can probably use the money I have set aside to buy another thing I want but not as much.  If I do buy it and it comes out next month I would be unable to upgrade to the one I want, yours for some time after.  That said your policy of keeping us in the loop helps.

Understood, keep in mind that people who got the busses in 32 bits only pay 17 euro (plus VAT when applicable) for the new version.

On 23/01/2018 at 5:01 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

• MCDU is good enough to ship at this moment but we still want some changes done so it looks more precisely like one of the very latest versions. Think we got 20 known issue with it (believe me, that nothing, the real thing has probably more).
  •  

Can Airbus update faster than Aerosoft?

Was doing test on animations etc and decided to share some of the views. I think it is also the first A319 that is shown.

2018-1-25_15-59-19-331.png

2018-1-25_15-51-52-755.png

2018-1-25_15-52-11-661.png

2018-1-25_15-53-6-214.png

2018-1-25_15-53-52-297.png

2018-1-25_15-54-8-113.png

2018-1-25_15-57-43-399.png

2018-1-25_15-58-51-585.png

The interface of the new connected flight deck is also more or less complete.

2018-1-25_15-55-38-567.png

In the VC I had to check the observer seat animation and I think you never saw that one.

2018-1-25_15-51-29-818.png

A lot of people also requested to be able to see the wing from the VC. We never really liked that because it just eats up memory but in 64 bits that's less of an issue. Still think it is pretty useless as you really need to put your head in a strange location to see it, but it's now part of the VC model:

2018-1-25_16-10-32-161.png

To finish up, an image showing part the modeling that you normally would never seen.

2018-1-25_16-14-56-274.png

That is what I call an Airbus! She looks gorgeous, I really really like her look in the fourth picture. Great work, seriously!

Cheers. 

Looks really nice. But I'm quite sure that you can normally not see the logo lights in that way from this angle, do you? The screenshot is almost from below the elevators...

13 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

Looks really nice. But I'm quite sure that you can normally not see the logo lights in that way from this angle, do you? The screenshot is almost from below the elevators...

Damn those product managers that do not write Work in Progress at every screenshot. ;)

Sorry to bring up the V1 call-out again, but I thought it was stated in the last topic (closed now) that you were looking at having it for the A330? Did this change or have I misunderstood?

Just now, Bigt said:

Sorry to bring up the V1 call-out again, but I thought it was stated in the last topic (closed now) that you were looking at having it for the A330? Did this change or have I misunderstood?

You misunderstood the previous posts on that. It is off the table for the A318-A321, but not the A330.

vor 1 minute, Frank Docter sagte:

Damn those product managers that do not write Work in Progress at every screenshot. ;)

That's absolutely okay. Just wanted to make you aware of that. I do also sometimes not see anything obvious when looking 10 times at it. :)

Just now, Tom A320 said:

You misunderstood the previous posts on that. It is off the table for the A318-A321, but not the A330.

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying!

11 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

It's unfortunately how the sim models these lights. If you recess them in the tail they will shine through. It'll be looked at but I am pretty sure this is the best possible.

If you want to get an idea on how complex modeling for P3d V4 is, check the animation from Jo out: 

I can remember the time when you did the cube slapped a day time and a night time texture on and it and exported it. About 1/5 the work.

vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

It's unfortunately how the sim models these lights. If you recess them in the tail they will shine through. It'll be looked at but I am pretty sure this is the best possible.

Okay. In this case I would say that this can be looked at later. No serious issue that should take too much time.

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Understood, keep in mind that people who got the busses in 32 bits only pay 17 euro (plus VAT when applicable) for the new version.

Is it possible to pre-order?  I am a previous owner of the Airbus 32 bit.