CRJ Manager boxed version 1.0.11 missing weather radar setting

DCLUB

Hi everybody,

in boxed version 1.0.11  i'm missing the in the booklet shown "weather radar" setting. Any clue where i can get it?

Greetings

Hans

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mathijs,

maybe i didn't made myself clear enough. I'm talking about the "checkmark option" for "weather radar" within the CRJ manager. Beside that als PDF's are installed.

Cheers

Hans

11 hours ago, DCLUB said:

Hi Mathijs,

maybe i didn't made myself clear enough. I'm talking about the "checkmark option" for "weather radar" within the CRJ manager. Beside that als PDF's are installed.

Cheers

Hans

I too noticed there is no weather radar option in the CRJ manager. It probably only gets installed if the installer detects Active Sky and REX weather radar, installed on your system?

I have the REX weather radar installed, but no Active Sky weather, I use FSGRW and REX TD/SC. Therefore I assumed that the weather radar option is not available to me. Certainly I do not see any weather displayed on the weather MFDU.

Best regards.

David

14 hours ago, DCLUB said:

Hi Mathijs,

Cheers

Hans

Just so you guys aren't pulling your hair out.  I don't remember ever seeing that option in the CRJ Manager.  Possibly, it was from an old beta version? In any case, I also don't have the check box for weather radar preference in the dl version, but am guessing it was maybe taken out of release version?  

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Do you have a supported weather tool installed?

Hello Mathijs, I have the REX WX weather radar installed. However, I don't have the Active Sky weather engine. I have REX Texture Direct with Soft Clouds and FS Global Real Weather. I don't have any weather on the MCDU weather page.

I presume that I need both installed to have a working weather radar?

Regards

David

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, herky20 said:

Hello Mathijs, I have the REX WX weather radar installed. However, I don't have the Active Sky weather engine.

From the manual:

7. RADAR ................................ ................................ ............................... OFF

Central pedestal

The radar is supposed to be off on ground to prevent any ground personnel being injured by the radar beam.

At the current state of development the CRJ’s radar will show an actual representation of any precipitation in case you are using Hifi-Sims Active Sky Next.

15 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

From the manual:

OK. I must have read an older manual which stated that if you have either the REX WX ADVANTAGE radar or A S weather installed the aircraft will detect the installation and work accordingly.

To be honest, the REX WX radar never worked as well as the weather radar in the Aerosoft Airbus series. Why couldn't the Airbus WX system be used in the Aerosoft CRJ? I thought the Airbus radar was very well implemented! But what do I know?

Cheers.

Regards

David

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Airbus WXR is a very well implemented module, but what you must know at the point is, that the Airbus was/is developed/maintained by a larger team of developers, while the CRJ have basically only one developer: Hans.

Using the ASN WXR for the CRJ was the faster way to go for Hans. The goal was not to delay the initial release of the CRJ any further.

This does of course not mean, that the Airbus WXR or better saying Aerosoft WXR will never find it's way into the CRJ. It just didn't find it's way into version 1.

Jepp, i have Active Sky 2016.

Guys, it's not, that the weather radar would't work at all- though i haven't tried it this far. But it's once again regarding the checkmark option (of the boxed version/ DVD)" Weather Radar" column within the CRJ Manager  (in the booklet shown on page 44 left hand side).It looks to me, that this isn't clear to everyone.

Greetigs

Hans

6 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

The Airbus WXR is a very well implemented module, but what you must know at the point is, that the Airbus was/is developed/maintained by a larger team of developers, while the CRJ have basically only one developer: Hans.

Using the ASN WXR for the CRJ was the faster way to go for Hans. The goal was not to delay the initial release of the CRJ any further.

This does of course not mean, that the Airbus WXR or better saying Aerosoft WXR will never find it's way into the CRJ. It just didn't find it's way into version 1.

For a single developer this is a work of art. Great simulation!:D

The Airbus weather radar worked with REX clouds and FSGRW. So does the WX Radar in the MJC 8. As you rightly point out these were larger teams of devs. 

I was hoping one of the Airbus devs could pop the WX Radar code in the mailbox to Hans, so he could implement it! As it stands that MCDU  screen will not be seeing any use, in my CRJ.:(

DCLUB, I too saw this in a manual for the manager. But looking at my latest actual manager, there is no check box for any weather radar.

Best regards

David

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 minutes ago, herky20 said:

I was hoping one of the Airbus devs could pop the WX Radar code in the mailbox to Hans, so he could implement it!

If it would be just like like "here is the code" and "just add it to the project" it would have been done like that. But as I said, the ASN decision was only taken for the CRJ v1... ;) 

15 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

If it would be just like like "here is the code" and "just add it to the project" it would have been done like that. But as I said, the ASN decision was only taken for the CRJ v1... ;) 

Thanks for the info Tom.

The CRJ has almost everything a sim pilot could want, a nice WX would be icing on the cake!

Best regards

David

• 3 months later...
On 10/19/2017 at 7:40 AM, DCLUB said:

Jepp, i have Active Sky 2016.

Guys, it's not, that the weather radar would't work at all- though i haven't tried it this far. But it's once again regarding the checkmark option (of the boxed version/ DVD)" Weather Radar" column within the CRJ Manager  (in the booklet shown on page 44 left hand side).It looks to me, that this isn't clear to everyone.

Greetigs

Hans

I decided to revive this post rather than write a new one to a)Show that I did try searching first and b ) because this guys question never actually got answered and I also have the same question.

In the manual the CRJ Manager shows an option in the 'options' page for Weather Radar. In the downloaded version (bought and downloaded two days ago) I do not have this option in the CRJ Manager either.
I have Active Sky P3DV4. I can't seem to get the weather radar working at all in the aircraft and wondered if it simply just does not play well with this latest version from HiFi ?

Kind Regards, Alan.

Archived