ILS LOC GS continues to Not work

Gents, I have 1.0.1.1 and I have tried several different ILS Approaches and the aircraft will NEVER capture either the GS or localizer. I have read and applied the procedures touted in related threads to NO avail.  I am a RW pilot, home cockpit builder and have been simming   since the late 80s. I am on P3Dv4 Pro.  

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and after experimenting with every suggestion here; absolutely no solution.  Any help appreciated.

Joe Porter

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can you give us an example of an ILS approach that does not work for you? And maybe also some screenshots in .jpg format that show the PFD before LOC/GS intercept and just after the failed capture event. 

Thanks

Sure, but it has been illustrated by others here.  The plane just ignores the localizer and glide slope. It is as if somehow the A/C is using GPS vs. VOR for guidance as pointed out by another poster here.  

Thanks

I am at an unusable aircraft.  It does not play well in NAV or APPR.  Where it heads off to or where it wants to dive down to, is a mystery and I am left to fly visual hand flow landings in ALL cases.  Please assist before I decide I spent money on an Non-flyable AC.  I follow the instructions to the tee every time for an ILS approach and landing, NO luck ever.

Thanks

JP

56 minutes ago, joeporter said:

I am at an unusable aircraft.  It does not play well in NAV or APPR.  Where it heads off to or where it wants to dive down to, is a mystery and I am left to fly visual hand flow landings in ALL cases.  Please assist before I decide I spent money on an Non-flyable AC.  I follow the instructions to the tee every time for an ILS approach and landing, NO luck ever.

Thanks

JP

JP,

We are ready and happy to help you.  Frank asked you for some information, and as of yet I don't see it here in the forums.  I recognize you said that others have written about the same thing, but please understand that from our perspective there is no evidence the other reports are linked to what you are experiencing, and we have a number of things that need to be checked including the approach you were using and which scenery you were using for the airport.

Requested Information:

1. What is the name of the scenery you were using for the airport you were executing the ILS approach?

2. Which runway were you executing the ILS approach?

3. Which type of CRJ were you flying (700 or 900)?

4. Can you please verify that you first loaded into a default aircraft at an airport, and from there you loaded the CRJ?

5. Was the aircraft systems able to detect the Localizer on the frequency you had entered?

5. What was the distance to the Localizer when the Auto Pilot failed to lock onto the Localizer?

In the meantime, I'd like to verify a few things with you.

4. Would you please verify the version number of the CRJ you have installed?

5. When you installed the CRJ, had you uninstalled the previous version, then removed all left over CRJ folders from your main flight sim folder, simobjects, and documents folder?

6. When you installed the CRJ, did you turn off your computer security software (including Windows Defender) and did you run the CRJ installer "As Admin"?

7. Can you please re-fly the approach in question, and when the problem occurs would you please minimize the yoke, pause the sim and take a screen shots (alternatively a video would be fine as well) of the following:

b. Primary Flight Display

c. Navigation Display in both the Map and VOR modes

d. Both EICAS Displays

e. Glareshield Panel (Autopilot)

f. CDU Radio Page

This information will better assist us in helping you to run down the issue.

Many thanks!

First of all, let me thank you for the comprehensive response. It says a lot about you and your development team,  and for that matter, your product.    I will not have an opportunity to give this my undivided attention until this weekend. At that time I will walk through each item you have noted here.  Some of the questions you ask have been answered in previous posts in this thread by me. For the balance of your request I will need some time.

Again, thank you very much for your response. I really like this product and wanted to see it to its full potential. 

Joe

I used to load the little Piper Cub first and it never failed. However, since the latest CRJ update, I don't seem to have to do this anymore. It seems I can load the CRJ up without any problems.

It appears that I may have remedied the situation by doing the recommendation above, and that is to load the piper cub before loading the CRJ. I have two successful ILS  approaches into Salt Lake City and KBOI.  As I I have flown many ILS approaches in RW, all I had to do was set it up in the CRJ  and I was able to conduct a good approach and landing.

I do not know the issues that resulted from the original installation  on my system. I Install software programs quite regularly and most always disable my virus software and run the install as an administrator.  I am on 1.0.1.1  which I believe is your latest release.

I really love the challenge of flying this aircraft. I regularly fly the PMDG737 in P3DV4  and wanted more of a challenging flight experience. I just want to take a moment to thank both of you for your support and feedback. I apologize for my earlier frustration. I look forward to many hours in this sIm. 

Joe 

I am getting a wrong ILS readout on a EDDF approach to runway 25L (111.15 freq). The localizer works, but the GS needle is always centered the whole way down to the runway and thats while flying way to high or too low on the approach. And of course i always start the simulation with the default (in my case a Cessan172) aircraft.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Could you please start a new tooic for that? This one is solved and for the benefit of us and customers with the same problem it would be better to have a topic with a more fitting title. 

Thanks. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived