HectorP

hectorp

At Nice. Next Brindisi. Flying a C-47 and a Constellation L049 when needed.

Please login to display this image.

Because I will be away from home for the next 6 days I just flew from Nice direct to Port Said, at Suez.  Will be back next week.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an update of the Eurasia Segment. I will try to follow as close as possible the route using the recently purchased Catalina PBY when over water and the C-47 when over land. Today I landed with the Catalina in the King Faisal Naval Base (OEJF). Tomorrow will include an update of the whole route and some pictures on the Naval Base. So far so good.

These are the final versions of the tour. Hope to go by the plan. From now and on only pictures or maybe videos of the tour. 

Schedule Update Bombay-Calcutta as of October 26.

At Con Son (VVSC), South Vietnam on Oct 30 and Woody Island (VH84), China today Nov 4

• 2 weeks later...

Nov 17: Today the Catalina refused to work. After several attempts the engines simply died. So I had to use my old and faithful Pilatus Porter Amphibious  to go from TKR2 to TKR3. Still 3,414 NM to San Francisco. 

Nov 17: Today the Catalina refused to work. After several attempts the engines simply died. So I had to use my old and faithful Pilatus Porter Amphibious  to go from TKR2 to TKR3. Still 3,414 NM to San Francisco. 

Today TKR4 again in the Pilatus Porter Amph. The Catalina is sick. Still 2,879 NM to San Francisco. Very low ceiling at TKR4? How do you say landing in water?

We are reporting yesterday´s flight because we ended up super tired. Again with the Pilatus Porter PC6 Amph we had a unusual strong head wind that threaten us to run out of fuel before reaching TKS5. 

Luckily we spotted a tanker moored right on the International Date Line and had an unexpected stop for refueling. Right after take off we crossed the IDL. We register this occasion in a couple of pictures we are showing you: One from the IVAO Webeye map and the other from the cabin showing the crossing of 180 degrees. After that we were enroute TKS5 and of course, arrived there at night time which was a very interesting rendezvous.  We were grateful to see the tanker lights on so we could touch down safely. We will rest for tomorrow.   

Today we were lucky. We found a Pilatus Porter Amph with Fuel Pods which gave us 2 more hours on range. Fine and Dandy. Reached TKR6. Only 1,870 NM to San Francisco.

Today we had another rough day with up to 32 kts head wind but managed to get to TKR8 thanks to the auxiliary tanks in the Pilatus. Still 897 NM to San Francisco.

Archived