VOR 2 BRG Pointer on PFD not indicating bearing

RandallC

Hi guys,

I ran into an issue today, which was repeatable.  I was flying into KJAC today and wanted to bring up the JAC VOR Bearing Pointer on the PFD for the missed approach.  I tuned in JAC (115.4) on Nav 2 and pushed the Captain's bearing pointer until I had the VOR2 Blue Bearing Pointer showing.  On the MFD the Bearing Pointer correctly indicated the bearing to the station.  On the PFD howerver,  the pointer was just parked 90 degrees off to the right of the nose. Just to make sure, I tuned in the DNW VOR (117.2) into Nav 2 and had the same result with the MFD Bearing Pointer indicating correctly and the PFD pointer not receiving a signal. Both of the VOR's are on the ILS Y RWY 19 approach plate at KJAC, and both station id's were identified.

The VOR 1 Bearing pointers seem to be okay on both the MFD and PFD. I wonder if someone could verify this.  Thanks!

P3D v4

version 1.0.1.1

On 10/3/2017 at 6:28 PM, RandallC said:

Hi guys,

I ran into an issue today, which was repeatable.  I was flying into KJAC today and wanted to bring up the JAC VOR Bearing Pointer on the PFD for the missed approach.  I tuned in JAC (115.4) on Nav 2 and pushed the Captain's bearing pointer until I had the VOR2 Blue Bearing Pointer showing.  On the MFD the Bearing Pointer correctly indicated the bearing to the station.  On the PFD howerver,  the pointer was just parked 90 degrees off to the right of the nose. Just to make sure, I tuned in the DNW VOR (117.2) into Nav 2 and had the same result with the MFD Bearing Pointer indicating correctly and the PFD pointer not receiving a signal. Both of the VOR's are on the ILS Y RWY 19 approach plate at KJAC, and both station id's were identified.

The VOR 1 Bearing pointers seem to be okay on both the MFD and PFD. I wonder if someone could verify this.  Thanks!

P3D v4

version 1.0.1.1

+1. On P3dv3 here.

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:28 PM, RandallC said:

Hi guys,

P3D v4

version 1.0.1.1

There arefour positions for the bearing pointer two source, Off/VOR/ADF and Source. The source appears to be FMS 2. The "source" this refers to, is the FMS 2 next sequential waypoint. This moves the  PDF Number 2 needle to the FMS 2 net waypoint? Since we can get VOR1 and VOR 2 on the MFD, I presume this is the normal expectation. Having not typed out on a CRJ, but I am guessing its correct.

This is a very well programmed CDU/MFD set up! :)

Best regards

David 

Thanks for the responses.  The Blue VOR double line bearing pointer on the PFD and MFD should indicate identically, the bearing to the VOR tuned into the Nav 2 radio. 

You are Correct about the positions.  Also it gets even more confusing as there is “Off-side” data and “Cross-side “ data available, which doesn’t really apply here. But in this case, it is a simple matter of the VOR 2 bearing pointers reading differently, and this should not be the case.  

Although it’s been five years, and I would never claim to be an expert...I am typed in the CRJ, but have been wrong many times! 

Archived