Missing jetways at Heathrow Pro

eham8

I noticed some missing jetways at Heathrow (e.g. stand 420 and 421, but there are more at terminal 4). Also at the other terminals some jetways are missing.

I checked for any 'foreign' EGLL files in P3D v4 without result. Re-installing and even downloading the file again (from Simmarket) for yet another re-install didn't resolve this issue.

Does anybody else noticed the same.

Brgds,

eham8

• Developer

When jetways missing, then there must be another Exclude File active for the area, which generate this issue. Is there any other addon listet above your Hearthow above the entry of Hearthow in the scenery Library, like Orbx?

Please make screenshot of the gates where the jetways are missing.

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for reaching out to help. I understand what you're saying about some other file(s) being active, that's why I checked for all files with 'EGLL' or 'Heathrow'.

In the FTX England scenery I changed the four EGLL files to .OFF. Same with the Heathrow.bgl file in the default scenery EURW folder. 

As you can see the Heathrow Pro scenery has the #1 priority. All ORBX sceneries are way down and below all other add-on sceneries.

Please login to display this image.

Here are stands 420 and 421. 

At the main building  of Terminal 5 three stands have missing jetways (from the A319 to the 787).

Below is another look at Terminal 4. At the front and at the far side there is some obvious bleed through. I have no idea where that may come from. 

And before you ask, I don't have the UK2000 Heathrow scenery installed.

What could this be?

So I did some more testing just to see what would happen if I disabled the Heathrow Pro scenery with the Scenery Config Editor I'm using, and guess what, it shows up as it should be! This is so weird!

When I enable the scenery again, the same issues return.

Any thoughts how to get both the scenery enabled and the scenery as it is meant to be.

• Developer

Can you please make a zip of the scenery.cfg, when the issue is existing and attach it here. Maybe your scenery config editor adds it multi times.

Or check the scenery.cfg for double times found the Heathrow Folder in it.

• Developer

Ok, have taken a look into the scenery.cfg, but could not see any direct point, why the jetways could missing.

And I don't see double entry for Heathrow, which could generate the effect, that the airport is still visable, even when disable in the Configurator you use.

Maybe you can uncheck the entry of Heathrow in the Scenery Library Menü of P3D V4 itself to check if it is still there.

But maybe you could check if there are EGLL related files in the follwing folder too:

ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC

ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT

ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT

ORBX\FTX_OLC\FTX_VECTOR_FixedAPT

pilots_software\AFM\scenery

I am not an ORBX User, but all this should like they deal with Airport related things.

Good evening Oliver,

Thanks for your suggestions. I had already checked the ORBX files for EGLL entries. Only one (ABP_EGLL.OFF)  came out in FTX_VECTOR_APT and as you can see I changed that one already to .off

In the other directories there is no 'EGLL' file.

In the scenery library menu Heathrow was off, just like I had set it in the Scenery Config Editor. So I did not need to change that.

And this is what Heathrow looks like with this setting:

Then I enabled Heathrow in the Scenery Library menu and the same issue returned, this is terminal 4 again with at least 5 stands with missing jetways.

This is so weird and I'm surprised no other user has reported the same issue. Surely I'm not the only one with the ORBX sceneries FTX England, Global and Vector installed.

Still hoping this can be resolved.

• Developer

Look at the screenshot of you scenery Library: Why did you still habe the UK2000 Heathrow activ? That's what you see and that's what kill the jetway.

So go to the Documents/Prepar3D V4 Add-ons folder and move the Uk2000 Heathrow Folder (don't know how he is calling) out of the folder to a save place or go to the Options > Add-Ons Submenu and uncheck Uk2000 Heathrow there.

Then reactive Hearthow Pro and the Jetways will be back.

And I thought I had completely removed UK2000 Heathrow because I didn't find any of those files on my P3D drive. I should have done a search on the C: drive as well....

Another factor is that sceneries that are installed in the Documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder do not show up in the scenery.cfg when you open it with Scenery Config Editor.

Thank you very much Oliver for your help to resolve this.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived