Preview: Hughes H1 Racer

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...it's animations plus the rather special systems are the most attractive aspects of this new Aerosoft product created by Stefan Hoffmann.
This Hughes Racer definitely looks like the work of Alex Petrochenko... 8)

:wink:

Greetings

Tim

...leads you to this viewpoint?

It's how the cockpit looks.

Take a good look at the cockpits of the Aerosoft Beaver, Aerosoft Beech, and the Sib Wings Saab Safir

Now take another look at the Hughe's cockpit....

Looks like Petrochenko's work to me... 8)

So can this Mr. Hoffmann, who has been credited as the maker of that addon, take this as a compliment?

Nevermind, I've gotten over it and it's not worth the response... :wink:

You did that A-10?

Never in any of these forums have I stated this.

If I'm not mistaken, Tim is the primary designer of the A-10

And for now, there's nothing more I can add to this conversation unless it comes from Aerosoft... :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
As so many have said already.... WOW!!! I do believe this is some of the nicest work I've yet seen in FS.

Can't wait to crawl into the cockpit!

I agree, This is one bird I will buy as soon as it comes out ! :D

Hi!

I know, after FSX Acc SP2 many project was stopped. Devellopers think about how to setup models for SP2/Dx10. Its good b-se we, users, recived native version of models dedicated for FSX only (not just update of FS2004 version) but I Cant still wait for this BEAST :wink:

Any news about this project?

...the project is in a very healthy status.

But the H-1 Special is really a special thing . Almost everything of the cockpit has to be made in a custom version here for FSX, no stock parts in there. So its a lot of work but there is a silver streak at the horizon and how does those old chinese words say:

Doing choices of wisdom and bringing up enough patience are guides

for success and enlightment.

Or for the hardcore westeners:

He guys, keep calm, she will rock you! :D

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Man she is already rocking me! This is an aircraft I fell in love with quite some time ago. Anyone been to the great website that talks about the replica which no longer exsists? http://www.wrightools.com/hughes/ Check it out! You guys are doing such an excellent job, and this is the project I am anticipating the most from Aerosoft! I can't wait for this beauty! She is stellar! Would love to help with the beta testing!

• Aerosoft
Man she is already rocking me! This is an aircraft I fell in love with quite some time ago. Anyone been to the great website that talks about the replica which no longer exsists? http://www.wrightools.com/hughes/ Check it out! You guys are doing such an excellent job, and this is the project I am anticipating the most from Aerosoft! I can't wait for this beauty! She is stellar! Would love to help with the beta testing!

The testing has not started yet, but I added you to the beta group. You should see the new forum right now.

• 4 weeks later...

How are things coming along? Dont know if you guys got a chance to check out the website I posted with all the information about the H-1 Replica AKA "Serial Number 2". Here are some direct links from the page to some videos;

High Speed Flyby- http://www.wrightools.com/hughes/video/HR1%20Fly_by2.wmv

Engine Start- http://www.wrightools.com/hughes/video/pict0001.mov

Takeoff- http://www.wrightools.com/hughes/video/pict0004.mov

You might have found this site before I even posted, but in case you hadn't, or have not checked it out yet, there is a plethora of information and resources available from the site. I bet if there was something you were looking for regarding the H-1, but you couldn't find it, the webmaster would more than likely help you out.

http://www.wrightools.com/hughes/

"I wanted to see New York ... so I tried to see how fast I could do it in."

- Howard Hughes, Aviator, circa 1937

Yeah, the site is well known to me. Its was one of the first information was found about the interior of the plane.

Contact was tried with the site owner, but almost all outside traffic was damped after Wrights death.

So all in all it was a tough researchers work, NASM at Washington DC helped a lot with the cockpit. Hughes himself was very afraid of getting stolen his ideas by competitors, so only Palmer, Odekirk and sometimes their direct assistants had knowledge.

The project itself left the modeling and texturing stage completely now. Fresh Screenshots will come next days. Just tested the movable seat that lifts the pilots head just above the canopy rim.....aahh! This is the taste of 130 MPH flowing airstream! I tried this once in reallife on my motorbike at 140 MPH, surely with helmet, and it was so loud I couldnt here the engine and it needed muscles in the neck to move the head in the airstream. So remember and respect the H-1 pilots, and the rest of the Golden Age of Aviation, when you use the seat raiser handle LOL...!!!

The replica of the racer flies/flew at Reno - I spotted some images over there the other day. Sory - forgotten the link, but if you google Reno air race, you'll find...

Maybe you can contact the organisers or the photographer (see the copyrights sections)

Hope that helps a bit more.

Hello all - this is my first post here. I'm a regular on the horizon vfr-genx forums and have been drawn here by the great quality of the products Aerosoft have released so far.

Anyway, back OT: wow, this looks like a fantastic aircraft. I'd certainly be interested in buying it when it's released. Just out of interest, I take it the model is based on the later refresh of the H1 when Hughes added the longer wings (painted blue). Will there be a shorter-winged version, too (these shorter wings were attached when the H1 first flew and were painted red)? Might be an excuse for another skin, at least.

On another note, can I also offer my beta-testing services?! I have some beta testing experience. Thanks! :D

EDIT: Just seen from the start of the thread that both versions will be included.