Wanted... cartographer and official time keeper.

• Aerosoft

Is there anybody willing to take on the job of official cartographer and time keeper? 

We are planning to sponsor the miles flown (and will ask other companies to do the same), but to do so we really need a spreadsheet that list the pilots, what plane(s) they used and how much they travelled.  As we will use this for marketing we'll offer serious free shopping to the person who will take on this official job.

I think it should all start with a list compiled from the forum.... and then just kept up to date.

Why not set up a google sheet online and let everybody do its own times and distances? Otherwise this seems impossible  to manage correctly.

3 hours ago, Tobus said:

Why not set up a google sheet online and let everybody do its own times and distances? Otherwise this seems impossible  to manage correctly.

Good idea, although some people are probably going to mess with other people's logs, and that's not fun

• Aerosoft
5 hours ago, Tobus said:

That's not really what I mean. Basically we just want to know who is flying what. As in this sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jDhFezaeuUmgySptO6toraERMLyK8U8RpGFeu43ctGg/edit?usp=sharing

I do not have the time to go over all diaries this week (a few releases coming up) so I would be cvery greatfull for any help.

Ok, so basically 4 things:

- pilot name

- class (pre-1970 and past-1970)

- main aicraft flown

- distance flown (this one needs to be maintained)

Your shared sheet seems ok enough, I'd just open it up, making copies after every time window. There's no need to lie/swindle/cheat/be nasty, as nothing further depends upon it. And if someone does decide to do just that, it's logged.

or to use the Tiny Flight Tracker and Viewver (TFTV) from Hervé Sors which is free of charge.

Tiny Flight Tracker is a program that permits, via the FSUIPC/XPUIPC modules, an automated and precise recording of some relevant flight parameters without requiring any complex user action. The recorded parameters may then be reviewed and displayed in Google Earth by the Tiny Flight Viewer application that is a customizable application. This software is of particular interest for displaying and analyzing retrospectively any flight completed with Microsoft Flight Simulator, P3D and X-Plane.

Here is the link to the V2.71: TFTV

By the way all "real" flight paths could be seen on  Google Earth and just add the 4 things:

- pilot name

- class (pre-1970 and past-1970)

- main aicraft flown

- distance flown

For you to see if there is any interest

Pascal

2 hours ago, DaveLTB said:

I have uploaded my flightplan to DaveLTB on 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_PrXmn13UEwdN6fXgL6m9DE1A9c&usp=sharing

Does this have traction, because only 8 pilots have entered their flight plans???

Is this the official tracking system? Time seems to be getting short.

Just to remind people, if you have made a flight plan in Skyvector you can export it as GPX and then import it to the Google MyMaps page above.

sry cant create flight plan at this, think i am to stupid

Plane North American XB-70A

class: historic

Flightplan: egll - heca

nm: 1907

time: 2:41

15 minutes ago, mopperle said:

The above google map allows only a limited number of layers, so it can not be used.

Ooh that sucks. Never knew there's a limit to the layers.

So back to a shared sheet then, denoting:

- pilot

- class

- main ac

- current location of pilot

- nm flown

- total time flown

Something like this? Feel free to add/comment

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VzhrEZ-6rJzVXRXzUAjEBSUmAZjLMKBNugECtJH1PwY/edit?usp=sharing

Archived