Captn Balu is back to duty

grisu_firefighter

Hello fellow captains.

I try to do this challenge as well, using the Aerosoft Airbus-Fleet for medium and long distances. For example transatlantic/-pacific and some cross continental legs. For all the other trips I use all the standard single and twin engine aircrafts of FSX - I prefer Beechcraft King Air 350 and Baron 58 or Cessna 172!!

I can't wait for the start because I have chosen a very delicate travel method from Italy to Port Said. I call it the "Rommel-Route" but futher details when I get there.

My overall route will go from London City Airport via Paris (Le Bourget) to Brindisi followed by a cross over the Mediterranean Sea to Port Said.

From there I wanna travel along the Red Sea with a stop in Aden to add supply for the Indian Ocean crossing to Bombay.

Then my path leads from Bombay via Calcutta, Singapore, Hong Kong and Shanghai to Tokyo as an adequate alternytive to Yokohama of the original story.

My plan for pacific crossing ist to reverse american approach of WWII from Tokyo to Henderson Field and Honolulu (perhaps with one day at Waikiki Beach? ;) ) to San Francisco. (If Fuel Planner is right I can make this with the A318 instead of A320 including some pax AND cargo).  

After this my route takes me from KSFO via Sacramento, Ogden, Omaha to Chicago and New York.

Transatlantic Route isnt planned completly to its end but destination is Cork. From there it is planned to stop in Dublin and Liverpool for the last part to London.

As I promised I wanna share my first route attemp. I believe that this will change in some parts during the journey. Weather will be the most important aspect which has to be taken into count for the final route planning.

Hope that all the other participants have a joyfull journey and will return safely back to London. Perhaps we can meet for a drink default_bigdrink_s.gif(your choice) in one of the cities on the route!! :goodluck_s:

Please login to display this image.

Ok we are enroute..

T/O @6:06 London time. Landing @7:32 

Here are some impressions of this "Warm-Up-Flight"

Take of and traffic pattern to leave London City.

Heading east into the sunrise with Thames estuary below.

First business for London airports on its way.

Leaving England by crossing Dover with clear sky.

Hmm...another participants of this journey?

Calais covered.

First sunrays @ FL130.

Crossing Charles-De-Gaulle....

to enter left downwind Rwy 07! Short after I got landing clearance.

Hmmm. Is it possible to lend that Concorde to use in this event? 

P.S.: I just figure out that poor image quality. Got to fix that until next flight. Hints welcome. See u guys!

I just landed in Brindisi but I cant add the photos tonight. Some details so far:

Airbus A-318 "Pride of Paderborn" has taken me over the Alps to the south-end of the Appenin.

Take off: 17:19 in Le Bourget

Landing about 19:10 in Brindisi.

Nice view on the moon as a lighthouse on this subleg. You will see it tomorrow in the pictures!

Good night and happy landings for your trips!!

As promised now the pictures of yesterday's flight to Brindisi (LIBR). I hope that the pics are a bit better.

Unfortunately my planned trip to the northern coast of Africa has to be cancelled due to thunderstorm and icing conditions over Malta and the south of Sicily. Hope for better weather tomorrow...

Taxi to Rwy 07 with skyline of Paris in the back. Nice view!

Busy evening 

Positive rate.....Gear up!

Sunset over France - Au revoir!

Fly me to the moon....

Arrival to Italy close to ToD.

Short Final Rwy 33. Nice low Approach over the city and harbour.

Although there were Sigmets for Malta I decided to give it a try to get there today. So I took the Baron 58 again and "Take Off".

Luckily there where no thunderstorms until I reached the Strait of Messina. Lightings went down far east of my position so I took a route closer to the Etna.

After passing Etna thunderstorms were all over the place. So I requested ATC to clear me to FL130.

With thunderstorms around Sicily behind and Malta in front, I tried to enjoy the panorama until my decend for approaching Malta Luqa.

Soon after passing the clouds there were no clouds over the Airport. Only some thunder in the distance.

Smooth landing and taxi to the GAT-Parking. Tomorrow I finally try to leave Europe over to Tunis (no landing) and start my run along the coast of Northern Africa - almost the same route Rommel took on his way to the border of Egypt. That's why I call it "Rommel-Route"!!

Hope u will follow me on my way.

As usual.. photos will follow tomorrow before take off due to lack of time this evening. ( At 4:00am the bell rings me out of bed to get to work!)

Good night!

Now the pictures of yesterday'S flight:

Start in Brindisi @ 16:45 local. Nice Scenery even though it is for free.

A little bit off course but still ok. Got to stick to cockpit instruments than looking out of the window....but it is so beautiful out there

Smooth clouds over Calabria

I like the sunsets from Cockpit-View!

Mt. Etna in last sunlight. Beautiful!!

Strait of Messina

Thunderstorm east of Sicily

Passing Mt. Etna

Cathania by night. 

Good bye Italy

Welcome to Malta

Shutting down and securing the Aircraft. Just when I set the parking break it started to rain here... lucky hmm?

Archived