Mega airport Frankfurt V2 glide slope issue

Airbusjet

Hi guys,

I am enjoying your Mega airport Frankfurt V2 product on FSX gold version but I'm facing an issue regarding ILS approaches. The LOC is very precise for every runway I choose for the approach but sadly the glide slope for runway 25L,25C and 25R and for runways 07R,07C,07L is not  and still shows that I'm flying too low ( even I can see two white and two red on the PAPI and I am at 50ft RA while overflying the threshold).If I follow the indication it's showing I will touch the ground well after the aiming point (near at the end of the touchdown zone).

I have already installed the new version (2.11).

Thank you guys

• Developer

The Glideslope in the Afcads are at the correct position and have the correct Angle of 3 degrees.

Did you test the Ils and Glideslope this the default cessna too? I don't know if all addon aircrafts will use the Data of the AFCAD or of there Navdata.

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, Airbusjet said:

Hi guys,

I am enjoying your Mega airport Frankfurt V2 product on FSX gold version but I'm facing an issue regarding ILS approaches. The LOC is very precise for every runway I choose for the approach but sadly the glide slope for runway 25L,25C and 25R and for runways 07R,07C,07L is not  and still shows that I'm flying too low ( even I can see two white and two red on the PAPI and I am at 50ft RA while overflying the threshold).If I follow the indication it's showing I will touch the ground well after the aiming point (near at the end of the touchdown zone).

I have already installed the new version (2.11).

Thank you guys

Adding to Oliver's observations and as I understand your question, a normal 3 degree ILS glide slope will cross the threshold at around 50 feet with an expected touchdown at 1,000 to 1,200 feet down the runway. That's where the two large white rectangles are as that's your aiming point, not the threshold itself as many small airplane pilots think. The exact number is published on the approach plate as TCH (threshold crossing height). For example, the glide slope TCH for 25R at EDDF is 50' (the boxed figure at the threshold in the profile view) while for 07C it's 52 feet. The fact that that you're seeing an "on glide path" indication on the PAPI (two red and two white) shows this. That said, in real life, there are many approaches where the visual glide path isn't the same as the electronic one. In this case, the approach plate will note it. No instrument approach however will have you touch down right at the threshold for the simple reason that any undershoot puts you short of the runway.

As for the touchdown zone, it's the first 3,000 feet of the runway, and is marked with the smaller white rectangles on either side of the centerline that decrease in number each 1,000 feet (a pair on each side of centerline at 1,500 and 2,000 down the runway, and one each side at 2.500 and 3,000 feet down). Nominally then, if you flew the glideslope/glide path and did nothing to flare, you would smack into the runway 1,000 to 1,200 feet from the threshold. Using normal flare technique and if at the correct approach speed, you should expect to actually touch down 500 to maybe 1,000 past that point. If you're not down by the end of the 3,000 feet of touchdown zone, you're supposed to go around.

Thank you guys for the quick answer,

I know that my aiming point are the two big white bars but I used the wrong word to explain my problem.

Anyway, by looking at some videos concerning landings on runway 25r at Frankfurt am Main I saw that after the flare phase,a lot of aircraft just touch the ground precisely whithin the two big white bars. This is the reason why I thought the Glide Slope was incorrect.

Thanks to all 

Archived