Virus warning: Zurich V2.0 Professional

romeocharlie

Morning, while installing Mega Airport Zurich V2.0 Professional, I got a virus alert.

The alert was: "The following error occurred on the file ....LSZHConfig.exe... the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software."

I've tried downloading from both the EU and World mirrors, and both times had the same warning.

Can you confirm this is a false positive, or is something amiss?

Many thanks

Rob

• Deputy Sheriffs

As long as you download the software directly from Aerosoft, yes this should definitely be a false positive and depends on the AV software you are using. I myself did not get the warning.

You should disable your AV software during install and afterwards exclude your complete FSX/P3D environment from being scanned..

• Developer

The Config tool is a simple VB Exe which includes only some lines code to rename files in the subdirectory below and no code for communication or registry access.

My AV software never has given any warnings. 

Mathijs,

I can't speak for Rob (romeocharlie) but I have the exact same problem with Window Defender. Even after installing with Windows Defender disabled and my P3D-drive (folfer) excluded the LSZHConfig.exe file is removed in the next scan. Obvious something wrong with Windows Defender as the folder and its subfolders should have been excluded during scanning.

Regards,

Rob 

• Aerosoft

Yes, it's very painful for us that these things happen. With Defender however there is one good thing. Microsoft replies to emails complaining about it. ALL (!) the other companies that make AV products that caused us damage have refused to address these issues at one time or another.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived