Stuttgart P3DV3 not in P3DV3

JOOP PC

Hello Simmers,

Previously I installed EDDS in Prepar3D V3. Now a re-install to V3, I can click for V3 but after next: COULDN'T FIND MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATION.

I made an install to V4 and there are no problems and converted to Library I get Stuttgart very well but only with greengras platforms.

But how to install to P3D-V3 without that screen Microsoft.

It's quite logical that it's not to find. It's not in my PC.

What's wrong with this?

Joop.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you have a migration tool still active which might confuses the installer?

Of course this version comes up with problems in P3Dv4 as it is not compatible.

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your fast reaction.

I have a migration tool installed. I shall re-install this one and then see what it does.

I had to say that many airports P3D V3 (21 fields) has been transportated from the folder P3D V3 to folder P3D V4.

And then from the V4 folder I transportated the scenery and texture to the SceneryLibrary. And  that without problems. Only when it's only an original FSX, than it's not working. So as Alicante from Eiresim.

And Barcelona from Aerosoft. An old one.

Now I have still another problem. I mentioned this to Aerosoft via E-mail but I have not got an answer. So I ask you or anyone else:

I have purchased Roma Ciampino. A nice field for my plane but I have not runway lights. Ciampino is for V4.  I have to land only with daylight and fair weather.

Is this item to fix? I hope so.

Greetings

Joop. (KingAir 350)

• Deputy Sheriffs

About Stuttgart: it should be enough to make sure to have the migration tool completely disabled. 

About Ciampino: you should better open another topic for that as no one would expect anything about this airport being discussed in a topic called. So it might get not the best attention. Personally I can't answer your question. I don't have this airport installed, therefore can't reproduce your problem and I haven't seen any similar reports here in the forum yet.

It's not possible to install Stuttgart in P3D V3. Still coming the mentioned screen. I hope for an update. But when?  I bought EDDS 2 months ago. So it's wasted money to purchase a new one.

What about Ciampino, your right. I'll make a new topic. 

Thanks for your help.

Joop.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, JOOP PC said:

I hope for an update. But when?  I bought EDDS 2 months ago. So it's wasted money to purchase a new one.

Don't be so pessimistic, we have only just started to figure what the problem on your machine is ;) 

I can only imagine that the migration tool brought your system into an undefined state. Maybe due to some error during setting up a migration state or by uninstalling or updating the migration tool. In no way this is a problem of the Stuttgart installer. It definitely is your system.

So as you have migration tool available, you can enable it tool and tell the installer that you want to install into FSX. Your migration tool should make sure that the installation will end up properly within P3Dv3. This of course only works if the migration tool didn't messed up the system too much before.

If this doesn't work your system is in a completely undefined state and will cause any kind of trouble in the future with other add-ons as well. The way to go would then be to re-install Windows and P3D completely and be afterwards more careful with the usage of the migration tool.

It's not the migration tool. Via "Search Everything" I deleted all files of MigrationTool. But that seems not be the problem.

As mentioned, direct to V4 no problem to install. But there are worse things in the world.;) I know it's not the Stuttgart install.That worked well in P3DV3.

I'm not pessimistic but a diehard about problems. All over 5 years. Every day. But now all seems te run perfect accept 2 small problems like mentioned.:)

I go waiting for an update Suttgart V4. No install problems with all my other fields.

Tom, I'm very glad with your help. For me, 80 years, there are still many things to learn.

Greetings.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, JOOP PC said:

It's not the migration tool. Via "Search Everything" I deleted all files of MigrationTool. But that seems not be the problem.

That is unfortunately not enough when it comes for migration tools. They create tons of registry keys and virtual folders on your system to make it looks like an FSX system for old installers.

Getting a system cleaned up completely from a migration tool is possible but it requires deep knowledge of all the simulators being migrated by this tool and the tool itself as also Windows. Getting all this explained remotely via the forum is nearly impossible from my perspective.

2 hours ago, JOOP PC said:

I go waiting for an update Suttgart V4.

The problem here is, that you seem to be the only user with this problem. So the problem is most likely on your system and not in the installer. If the problem would be within the installer we would have to localize it here in order to get it fixed for a next update. But then again, I am convinced that the problem is on your system, so there might be nothing to fix within the installer. Hence a new version will not fix your problem.

What you could of course also do, as you have Stuttgart installed in your P3Dv4: just copy he Stuttgart folders over into the P3Dv3 folder (same location as in P3Dv4) and add the scenery manually using the library manager.

Archived