I have two routing's planned.  Decision at Tokyo.

RTW80Days Route Distance 20664  RJTT-UHPP-PADQ-CYZT-KSFO Routing 

RTW80Days Route Distance 20381  RJTT-KSFO Routing 

I make my route to be 20312 NM, not including individual flight plan variances. I'm also thinking of making a couple of slight detours but nothing too significant.

Just arrived to Port Said. Initial point-to-point calculation was 2008 nm from EGLC to HEPS, in reality I got 2260. Will be interesting to see the total difference in the end, it will be at least +2-3000 nm I think.

That's an interesting question.  In my case, I haven't a clue!  In fact I don't even know from day to day what my distances will be.  Being retired with "all the time in the world," I will, as I have so far, divert to any place that looks interesting and also land at various places in hopes of snagging a charter flight.  And since I'm not as wealthy as some, most, I will divert at any given time and place to take a paying charter customer wherever they want to go.  In fact just yesterday I diverted to do a ferry hop in a Lear Jet and depended on Sue Ling to fly there in the Honda to pick me up.

There are those who can.  And there are those who will.  But many of us who will have to do it our way.  We don't operate in the same manner as those with tons of money who can plot a long term course and follow it!!  If I were in that group I'd just take a 747 or Concorde and finish the trip in a very few days!  THAT AIN'T ME BABE!!!;)

Rupert

Mine is 20,954 NM following the paths of the Mongolia, Rangoon and Tankadere steamers from Suez to Yokohama. The paths for Gen. Grant in the USA segment and Henrietta in the Atlantic segment are almost straight. (See my Diary for London-Calcutta and Calcutta-Yokohama segments).

Using ADE I placed up to 10 tankers to refuel at the open ocean for the Arabian Sea and the Pacific and Atlantic oceans so I could follow as close as possible the path on these segments.

• 2 weeks later...

19722nm for me, excluding weird atc routing, like avoiding Cambodia. Odd because the band Dead Kennedies extolled the virtue of a Holiday in Cambodia..

:lolsign_s:

Archived