• Aerosoft

As the serious stuff like PFPX is not really my cup of tea I have been looking for a new 'simple' flight planner for some time and found Little Navmap (https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html). Been using it for a while and I think it is brilliant for my simple demands. It's actually one of the best bit's of freeware for FS I seen in a long time. Highly recommended if you are not all too serious about your simming (because if you are you should be using PFPX). 

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH, not my style: totally cluttered interface, too much buttons and stuff, to complicate to use and not totally free: to get actual navdata you have to buy 2 subscriptions, one from fsAerodata and another from Navigraph.

Still best flighplanner for me is FSCommander: it simply does its job and is extremly reliable (never had a single crash); go and get it here: ;)

https://www.aerosoft.com/de/fsxp3d/flight-simulator-x/tools/586/flightsim-commander-9.6-1?c=16

Attached a small video showing that you generate a flighplan with a few clicks. In this case my first leg from London to Rome

2017-09-26_21h49_06.mp4

I love Little Navmap, found it reading an article in PcPilot... funny that you metiont it, because it took me 2 hours to make a detailed flight plan to enter this journey and when i pressed the save option it crashed :P so a piece of advice make regular saves when using it.

I didnt had the patient to make it again, i guess im not going on this journey...(unless i can go aboard later)

1 hour ago, dblue_one said:

I didn't had the patient to make it again, i guess im not going on this journey...(unless i can go aboard later)

Why don't you copy mine, to get you started? Then you can add your own ideas when you get the time.

On 02/10/2017 at 12:38 AM, sideout said:

Why don't you copy mine, to get you started? Then you can add your own ideas when you get the time.

Thank you sideout, im strugling with stutters in my P3D installation now, until i solve this no fly for me :(

Hi Folks,

I can't imagine taking two hours in LNM to plan a flight - that must be some detailed flight... Typically I just load an ATC Approved route off some RW flight site...

HUGE fan of Alex's LNM - one feature that I just can't get enough of and is sometimes missed by the new guys - the app actually databases all the airports you have loaded via your "scenery.cfg" so there's an option where you can view ONLY those airports... HUGE help when trying to decide where to fly - especially when using ORBX freeware/payware that adds hundreds of airports globally... Alex - job well done - sir...

Regards,
Scott

On 03/10/2017 at 7:33 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

I can't imagine taking two hours in LNM to plan a flight - that must be some detailed flight... Typically I just load an ATC Approved route off some RW flight site...

To make one flight plan i agree, but to make a flight plan around the world when you have to consider the runway sizes based on the plane your flying believe me 2 hours its close ;)

For the CRJ-900 and it's FMS I'm using the freeware simBrief although I didn't find a way yet to work around the denial of flightplan import by the CRJ FMS. But it's easy to enter the route created by simBrief manually into the FMS. So it's not the biggest issue.

Kind regards,

Gernot

Archived