FK "waiting for connection", still not fixed

Kimchoc

Had sporadic issues with this message from the acars guage on the panel in the past. To fix it I stopped FK and restarted. Now this is permanent message. I can stop and start FS and FK with no affect on this issue.,

Flights load properly and file properly through my VA. But not able to use the panel gauge due to this message.

How to fix this issue?

Yes, already did that. There is no mention of any TCP port in the panel.cfg. There is simply the info for the gauge location size, etc.

I have checked several planes and all the FSFK info is the same. Location, size, etc. Nothing regarding TCP ports.

Unless it was magically removed on all my planes, it was never there. It worked as soon as 4 days ago, but like I said, it has always been sporadic.

The acars is logging correctly through the acars site that I use and I can save and send the pirep into my VA. It is just not interacting with the panel gauge.

Here is the text:

[Window06]

background_color=0,0,0

window_size_ratio=1.0,1.0

size_mm=318,238

position=8

visible=0

ident=15372

FSFKDevice=1

gauge00=FSFK-ACARS!Device,0,0,318,238

In fact, I have just checked another old computer that had my original insallation of FS along with FK. Those panel.cfg's also have no mention of any TCP ports.

Now, I did find this line which has an 8011# at the end, but my knowledge is not good enough to know if that is the TCP port you are referring to:

gauge39=FSFK-ACARS!Hotspot,424,39,27,16, 15372|8011|0

and if it is, then it is set correctly as I have not changed the default settings in FK options.

Hi,

the 8011 is the port (if you check the manual you will find more information). Do you have any Firewall running? If so have you tried to turn it off? Which TCP/IP address have you configured in the FSFK options?

Regards

Thomas

There is not enough information in the manual for the average user. Sorry.

What I did find was the concept that the ports must agree. They do. On both machines. The one I fly on and the old one not used but had my old FS install and FK.

What I did find was that the IP address on both machines was 127.0.0.1. I have never had to adjust this setting on either machine and FK has worked flawlessly until the problem I have posted.

I changed the IP address on my flying machine to the IP that I assigned the machine. 192.168.1.35. It instantly started working so I suspect that was the issue.

Nothing was changed on that computer with reference to any networking issues. The older computer has the same 127.0.0.1 address and works fine.

I have no answer for this as is the case many times with computers for the average user. Stuff simply stops working, you make some sort of a change and it works again.

Anyway, for future users of this problem, here provides one solution. Hope it helps the next user.

Thanks for the support on this great product!

Hi,

127.0.0.1 is always the address for the local machine (so called loopback adapter). So if you want to connect to another machine you always have to use the address configured for your remote machine network adapter. Maybe I should add a little note to the manual.

Regards

Thomas

This problem is still not fixed. Just now I started a flight with the same plane that worked yesterday. Same plane I always use.

I got the :

" You are not using the latest acars device version or flight simulator has not started a flight"

"Please use correct version or re-start FS......."

I received that message on a separate plane the other day and I uninstalled and re-installed the acars device on the panel. That didn't fix it. I had to re-start FS to fix it.

Just now, I restart FS and the guage is working correctly.

I sent a bug report along a few minutes ago.

Ip address's are correct, ports are correct. I am not changing anything on my computer with regards to either of those settings.