EDDS Xplane 11

Hey team,

thanks for bringing EDDS as well to Xplane.

small quality issues here:

1. The snap points are very poorly snapped or most likely not snapped into each other creating visual appearance which are incorrect in regards of the ground poly.

2. Runway approach markings on the taxiway are not as used in EDDS.

3. Orthophotos are very poor quality.

4. The airport looks a bit lifeless to me as missing dirty patches on the ground poly, skid marks and much more. Very easy to create and place but make much difference.

5. Image quality of the buildings is low. Not sure if they just had been converted from FSX but the quality of the bitmaos could be improved.

thanks for your support.

Hello and thanks for bringing up these issues.

Regarding issue 1 — I'm afraid I don't completely understand what you are referring to. It would be great if you could upload a screenshot of the issue and then I can take a look!

Regarding issues 2-5 — Although you're correct, please bear in mind that EDDS for XP11 is a conversion of the FS2004/FSX/P3D version and not a completely newly-developed product. If I'm correct, the first version was released for FS2004 back in 2010 and has not undergone any major overhaul since then—hence the old low-resolution orthophotos, building textures, etc. If the developer of EDDS makes an overhauled version of the airport for FSX/P3D, we can ofcourse bring those updates into X-Plane.

Best regards

Well it's a disappointing approach to get new sceneries into X-Plane.  I had hopped that these would be never versions or improved over the existing FS9/FSX versions.

I hope that EDDF will not be the same creation source.

vor 10 Minuten, Omar Masroor sagte:

Hello and thanks for bringing up these issues.

Regarding issue 1 — I'm afraid I don't completely understand what you are referring to. It would be great if you could upload a screenshot of the issue and then I can take a look!

Regarding issues 2-5 — Although you're correct, please bear in mind that EDDS for XP11 is a conversion of the FS2004/FSX/P3D version and not a completely newly-developed product. If I'm correct, the first version was released for FS2004 back in 2010 and has not undergone any major overhaul since then—hence the old low-resolution orthophotos, building textures, etc. If the developer of EDDS makes an overhauled version of the airport for FSX/P3D, we can ofcourse bring those updates into X-Plane.

Best regards

Hey,

thanks for your quick reply.

in regards of 1:

if you go into WED and load the airport, you see specifically in the north West corner and south west corner these snap points from two polygon layers, who are not snapped into each other, creating a gap in between which then show up in the sim. It’s aesthetic but I guess as well it is nice to see the layers correctly bounding.

2: I do understand this and I converted quite some sceneries on my own and replace the ortho, do comprehensive replacement of the ground structure to the actual real life situation. I know it requires a lot of work especially if you as a commercial developer can’t just take objects from freeware or other developers like I do in my own, had to develop these components from scratch. Therefore it was more a empowering critique to get these improvements mentioned, as we as a community are keen but we expect as well that we get taken serious and developments will be distributed into this sim platform on its own. As these days conversions from P3D with the right objects is a quick pass over, I understand it takes a while to create the correct ground layers etc. Happy to help if that’s what needed. When I am back home I will take some pics and upload them:)

vor 13 Minuten, Jude sagte:

Well it's a disappointing approach to get new sceneries into X-Plane.  I had hopped that these would be never versions or improved over the existing FS9/FSX versions.

I hope that EDDF will not be the same creation source.

I have converted the actual EDDF v2 myself and it looks not bad. With the conversion there is always a loss of image quality to some degree and I understand the huge amount of editing in blender or similar Programm to be required to replace just the images on 1000s of 3D objects. So I rather prefer to have an airport actually quicker available rather than later. That said, with the new plugins for blender etc it shouldn’t be much of an issue to create the same object in high quality for both platforms and then the rest of the work starts with the ground layout. This, in regards of the size of an airport plus editing the mesh manually, is another huge effort. Only the ground layout took me 8 months part time on EDDF and I am still not finished. Depending on the detail level you prefer:)

I have purchased the Scenery via the org-Store of x-plane.org. Although I have not installed the provided file for static aircrafts I have static aircraft in the scenery which interfer with X-Life-Traffic. What did I wrong setting up the scenery?

Best regards,

CFG278

4 hours ago, CFG278 said:

I have purchased the Scenery via the org-Store of x-plane.org. Although I have not installed the provided file for static aircrafts I have static aircraft in the scenery which interfer with X-Life-Traffic. What did I wrong setting up the scenery?

Static aircraft will show up whether you install the Aerosoft - Static Aircrafts pack or not. The Aerosoft - Static Aircrafts pack is just intended to display more accurate static aircraft than X-Plane would by default.

In order to turn off static aircraft, you need to turn off the Draw Parked Aircraft feature in X-Plane's graphics settings.

Archived