Stuttering in the CRJ

Hi there, 

I just installed the CRJ after a clean install of P3D v4. But when I am flying in it, it seems to stutter VERY badly. The FPS drops from 60 to 9 and back up again. If I look away from the aircraft, all smooth again. I have tried a reinstall and that didn't fix anything. It isn't my sim as no other aircraft stutters. And even if I look away from the aircraft, it goes back to be smooth. Any ideas?

This issue was introduced for a number of users with the CRJ version 1.0.1 and affects other sim versions as well.

An improvement (more or less slight) has been observed with v1.0.1.1.

So my suggestion is:

• Check whether you're on v1.0.1.1 already.
  • If it's still v1.0.1 for you, then give v1.0.1.1 a try. (Download the latest full installer from your shop account.)
  • If your issue persists then, for the time being, you may want to revert to v1.0.0.5(c) like I did in FSX(-SE). Hans Hartmann has been focussing on the (L)NAV issue for about one and a half weeks, and I am hoping that his next version might bring a further improvement for the fps issue, too.

12 hours ago, Captain Snowflake said:

This issue was introduced for a number of users with the CRJ version 1.0.1 and affects other sim versions as well.

An improvement (more or less slight) has been observed with v1.0.1.1.

So my suggestion is:

• Check whether you're on v1.0.1.1 already.
  • If it's still v1.0.1 for you, then give v1.0.1.1 a try. (Download the latest full installer from your shop account.)
  • If your issue persists then, for the time being, you may want to revert to v1.0.0.5(c) like I did in FSX(-SE). Hans Hartmann has been focussing on the (L)NAV issue for about one and a half weeks, and I am hoping that his next version might bring a further improvement for the fps issue, too.

Alright. I will check. Where can I get the installer for v.1.0.0.5, just incase?

When did you buy the CRJ?

Since the shops don't provide older installers, you would have had to buy the CRJ when v1.0.0.5 or a former version was still current, and install that version from your archive or backup.

If your purchase is newer, then unfortunately v1.0.0.5 is not available to you, and the mainstream in the CRJ support topics around here is to scale down various sim and display settings (sim graphics options, NVidia settings, and others) then in order to make the CRJ perform better.

My personal choice however is to change options only in a single place and to have an easy way to toggle between my usual settings and the ones tailor-made for the CRJ. So:

• I change only the graphics settings in the options provided by my sim (FSX-SE in my case).
  • Before making any changes, I make sure that I can easily revert to my usual settings: Therefor I save my current settings to a graphics profile from the FSX in-game menu (I hope this hasn't changed for P3Dv4). Let's call it the 'Settings I love to use when NOT flying the CRJ' profile.   :rolleyes:
  • Once my preferred settings are secured, I start experimenting with the options until the performance of my CRJ becomes bearable - autogen, AI traffic, shadows, and others. When I'm (fairly) happy with my results (given the circumstances ...), I save these settings to a 2nd profile, named 'Settings I never thought I would have to use if it hadn't been for Hans Hartmann and Aerosoft'.   :P
  • The advantage of these profiles is, that from now on you can always change options on the fly and without bothering with that large number of sliders and checkboxes - all those settings and slider positions are kept in the profiles. Load profile B and it will replace the settings of profile A. Load profile A instead, and settings from B will be replaced.

Again, I hope this possibility still exists for P3Dv4.

17 minutes ago, Captain Snowflake said:

When did you buy the CRJ?

Since the shops don't provide older installers, you would have had to buy the CRJ when v1.0.0.5 or a former version was still current, and install that version from your archive or backup.

If your purchase is newer, then unfortunately v1.0.0.5 is not available to you, and the mainstream in the CRJ support topics around here is to scale down various sim and display settings (sim graphics options, NVidia settings, and others) then in order to make the CRJ perform better.

My personal choice however is to change options only in a single place and to have an easy way to toggle between my usual settings and the ones tailor-made for the CRJ. So:

• I change only the graphics settings in the options provided by my sim (FSX-SE in my case).
  • Before making any changes, I make sure that I can easily revert to my usual settings: Therefor I save my current settings to a graphics profile from the FSX in-game menu (I hope this hasn't changed for P3Dv4). Let's call it the 'Settings I love to use when NOT flying the CRJ' profile.   :rolleyes:
  • Once my preferred settings are secured, I start experimenting with the options until the performance of my CRJ becomes bearable - autogen, AI traffic, shadows, and others. When I'm (fairly) happy with my results (given the circumstances ...), I save these settings to a 2nd profile, named 'Settings I never thought I would have to use if it hadn't been for Hans Hartmann and Aerosoft'.   :P
  • The advantage of these profiles is, that from now on you can always change options on the fly and without bothering with that large number of sliders and checkboxes - all those settings and slider positions are kept in the profiles. Load profile B and it will replace the settings of profile A. Load profile A instead, and settings from B will be replaced.

Again, I hope this possibility still exists for P3Dv4.

I bought the CRJ on release day, and I don’t have any installers backed up. I really don’t see the point of having to reset or mess with my settings just because the aircraft has an issue. I guess I won’t use it till then. Thanks for the the support anyways! :)

• Developer
vor 12 Stunden , samwheeler sagte:

I really don’t see the point of having to reset or mess with my settings just because the aircraft has an issue.

Yes and no. It might very well be the case that the issue is with your settings and not with the aircraft (I'm not trying to blame something else here, I'm just saying that it's a possibilty)

When you say that the framerate drops from 60 to 9 fps. Does it do that in regular intervals? 0.5 seconds and 5 seconds would be the interesting intervals at which the CRJ does calculations or updates data.

Also, did you have those stutters as well before the P3D v4 reinstall?

Hey Hans...can you take a look at this post by me please:

I am definitely seeing the stuttering at a regular interval on the ground and my theory was that it was due to the, um, strange calculations for FOB and ETA that the CRJ gives when on the ground.

It's not just you, many people have experienced a frame rate drop/stutters since the 1.0.0.5. I had to revert as well due to the stutters. Hopefully they will find time to fix what happened from version to version.

On 9/26/2017 at 4:59 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

Yes and no. It might very well be the case that the issue is with your settings and not with the aircraft (I'm not trying to blame something else here, I'm just saying that it's a possibilty)

When you say that the framerate drops from 60 to 9 fps. Does it do that in regular intervals? 0.5 seconds and 5 seconds would be the interesting intervals at which the CRJ does calculations or updates data.

Also, did you have those stutters as well before the P3D v4 reinstall?

Hi Hans, it doesn't seem to be the exact same time interval, but it is very noticeable. I haven't had these stutters before, even in this aircraft. Seems like it popped up on V.1.0.1.1. 

20 hours ago, crjpilot said:

It's not just you, many people have experienced a frame rate drop/stutters since the 1.0.0.5. I had to revert as well due to the stutters. Hopefully they will find time to fix what happened from version to version.

Do you know where I could find a earlier installer?

Hello together.

Unfortunately I experience the same issue after a clean install (newest version, no other earlier installer version available to me), frame rate drops every few (maybe three) seconds. Hopefully someone is able to fix it.

Cheers, Pascal

• 3 weeks later...

I have it too in p3dv4 performance is much worse in the CRJ vs the PMDG heavies. Mainly frame spikes. I had the same issue in V3. Dynamiclighting is off.

I74790k@4.5ghz HT On

GtX1080

Archived