PMDG MD-11 Compatbility

maddmatt1999

Hello aerosoft team and others,

I recently have been extremely into cargo, which brings about the MD-11 for a wider variety of planes to fly. However, PMDG no longer directly sells the MD-11 for any flight sim. When doing some looking around, I noticed that aerosoft still does sell the product, but not for FSX:SE that I use, but rather for FS2004. With that, I have two what I believe to be fairly simple questions. 1) Will this MD-11 for FS2004 work when I try to install it for FSX:SE, or is there anything I can do to make it work? 2) There doesn't seem to be a digital download for the product and I don't have a disk drive so it should be possible to go on a computer with a disk drive and then move the contents onto a USB so I can then move it to my current computer, right? I realize that this is not only an old product, but a product that is probably no longer supported, so I really don't expect any support from after this point. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to think about and posting their answers to these questions!

• Deputy Sheriffs

An FS2004 aircraft won't work in any version of FSX. As for copying from a CD to another medium and installing from that, someone that knows if there's any copy protection on the CD will need to jump in.

re: #2) PMDG were known to include particularly aggressive DRM with the MD-11 in particular. Honestly, even if it could be done, I would recommend not poking at the hornets nest that is the convoluted DRM system of that product. Do so much as look at it wrong and it will nuke your flightsim install. Additionally, the FS2004 port to FSX:SE would be next to impossible.

I am bit sad to hear this input, but glad to not get hyped up for something that was unrealistic, so I appreciate the honest input guys. Maybe eventually I will switch my sim to find a quality MD-11. Cheers folks!

Archived