rnav selection crashing sim

HI all.

Enjoying this crj for the most part for sure!  Using fsx deluxe with sp2 in Windows 10 64bit, with with crj 1011, when I select a some of the rnav approaches at CYLW it crashes the sim.  CYLW has a nice scenic approach especially if you choose the rwy 34.  If someone else could give it a try and see if it works for them it sure would be good to know.  I have tried with original navdata that came with the crj and I tried with latest navigraph navdata  but got the same results.  I understand others have had a similar issue with LOWI approaches, so maybe the issue is related.  When selecting some rnav approaches at lowi it also crashes for me.

Thanks

Eric

Hi etrpilot,

I tried to enter into the FMS your approach and also crashed FSX sp2/Acceleration edition in Windows 7 (64) using CRJ 700 1.0.1.1 with latest navigraph navdata.  Another approach (nice scenic approach of Lake Tahoe into KRNO) to try and see if a crash occurs  is RNAV (z) RWY 34L approach. Because I approach from the northeast (KSLC airport) I select the FMG as the IAP/transition waypoint for the approach.  I also fly the MYBAD arrival/STAR. Selecting FMG option  will crash FSX every time.  The approach is fun to do and very scenic.  Also FMG is the correct IAF for a Northeast arrival.

Hi CaptnJack, thanks for checking.  I did try to setup the above approach to KRNO as you suggested above and after I set the rnav (Z) rwy 64L as soon as I click the FMG transition it crashes the sim.  It looks like an interesting approach scenic approach, I will give it a try in another plane tonight. 

Thanks for your input

Eric

8 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

This specific procedure triggered an endless loop during the calculation of the second radius-to-fix leg. Thanks for bringing it up! The fix will be available in the next version.

Hi Hans,

You are very welcomed!  I love flying your CRJ 700 and 900!  I have no doubt that you will the fix the random LNAV issue in the future, but quite honestly, this issue forced me to do more manual flying which made me appreciate how fun it is to fly this aircraft model.  I say random because on some flights, LNAV works perfectly. 

Archived