Why does the A320/21 not say V1?

dgeddes

Just a general question that came to my mind.

Does anyone know why when I watch videos online of the Airbus A380 when the pilots are accelerating down the runway, the computer voice speaks ‘V1’ but with the A320 family the ‘PNF’ actually speaks ‘V1’ themselves?

This came to my mind when I realised that with my Aerosoft Airbus it is always the co-pilot that speaks ‘V1’ and not the computer voice like the A380.

Anyone know why?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Simple. The A320 is not an A380. Only the A380 and the A350 had this auto V1 call out sofar. Same deal was with brake to vacate option. 

New A320’s can be ordered with these options but the AS Airbus does not have them while the are at an „2014“ standard

Thanks for the reply!

Any chance you could explain what the brake to vacate is? Indeed, I’ve also heard this (BTV thing) being said by the A380 pilots in videos online.

Sorry, I’m starting to sound more and more hopeless! 

In the BTV system, you can select a taxiway on which you want to leave the runway. The system will then apply as much braking power as necessary to be able to vacate the runway at the selected exit. This way, the aircraft doesn't apply more braking power than necessary, which reduces the brake wear and also allows to vacate the runway as fast as possible.

Archived