(L)NAV with LPPT SID towards BUSEN

As per the AVSIM discussion here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/520359-aerosoft-crj-worth-it/?do=findComment&comment=3713914

... I tested the rwy03 departure with two different CRJ versions:

• v1.0.0.5c flew the SID correctly.
  • v1.0.1.1 started to fly eternal circles after takeoff

This is to show that different people can have different perceptions of what the CRJ is or is not capable of. Based on Nuno's experience it's entirely correct to say that massive (L)NAV issues persist (he probably tested with v1.0.1 which isn't really much different from v1.0.1.1), while based on other people's experience the problem may not seem as grave. (And I am not entirely sure that all people who have been participating in the discussion over there are actually on the same version.)

My test bed was: FSX-SE, no weather, CR7, a fairly high TOW, "default" nav database that shipped with the respective CRJ version.

I understand that different sim versions, CRJ versions, different weather and/or procedures may yield different results. But for me it seems to be a valid statement that a number of CRJ owners have recurring, prominent, and reproducible issues with the (L)NAV mode of the CRJ, no matter what versions have been released so far.

I am hoping that this issue will be resolved in the not too distant future ... (Which, IMHO, should be a tiny lil tad earlier than a PMDG soonTM:P)

v1.0.1.1 flew the SID perfectly for me. It also completed the entire route with only one episode of some S turns which sorted themselves out after a few mins anyway. This was on one of the very long legs between way points (284nm or so)

Archived