Update for Aerosoft Manhattan

walterconklin

You are now able to have both the excellent Aerosoft Manhattan scenery which accentuates the lower half of New York City with numerous detailed buildings and the FSGenesis terrain which adds accurate topography throughout the island. This realistic topography is most evident in the northern section the island in Harlem. In addition, the spans of the George Washington bridge now meet the terrain on the NY side of the Hudson River and the flat area is updated with accurate terrain. All you have to do is delete the fordefault and mx bgls included with the Aerosoft Manhattan scenery after you backup copies of these files. This patch is not supported by Aerosoft.

Sincerely,

Walter

Walter,

this does not work for me.

If I am not wrong you posted somewhere to have also Megascenery, which I do not have - so I guess it depends on which add-ons one has installed. I have Manhatten, UTUSA, UTCANADA, SOL, all payware FSG mesh, QLRP4UT (Manhattan function off): if I activate Thomas Perry's GW-bridge and deactivate Aerosoft's files as indicated by you I have his GW-bridge and good part of westerly Manhatten flooded, the lady has wet feet and Ellis island is completely under water, so the Aerosoft-files mentionned by you probably do not only contain the GW-bridge but also some elevation function.

In my setup it works perfect to have all Manhattan files active and Thomas Perry's GW-bridge deactivated.

Well, its fine that your solution works for you, all I want to say is that it might not work for all.

Ciao, Peter

Peter,

I would be happy to work with you to resolve the elevation problem as I believe what should work for me should work you as well even with out Megascenery New York installed. I have devoted countless hours to resolve the flat area caused by the otherwise excellent Aerosoft Manhattan. By posting my mini tutorial, I understand that my instructions might not work for others so I am here to help.

Walter

I no longer have the problems since I deleted the fordefault and mx files. As for your problem with the flooded areas, I think you need to rearange the order of your scenery add-ons if you have them in the following order or something similar: George Washington bridge, NYC objects 3, Aerosoft Manhattan, QlRP4UT, UTCITy, FSGLC, Ultimate Terrain USA, etc. Let me know if that order solves the flooded area.

Walter

Sorry, Walter, there is probably a misunderstanding: I do not have any problem with my setup - everything is in the correct position and elevation.

Ciao, Peter

Walter,

I am not sure which "flat area at GW-bridge" you mean. You may comment my attached screenshot - I think the NY-side and the NJ-side look quite OK given some known limitations in FS (at least to me, but I am not familiar with that area in "real life").

Originally I did not refer to a "flat area at GW-bridge" but to the fact that if I follow your raccomendation of deleting the 2 Aerosoft files and use the Perry-GW-bridge instead than I had an elevated water level showing parts as described initially.

Anyway, we obviously have the same good results, just taking different ways.

Ciao, Peter

Hi Peter,

I understand you are not from the area. But that flat depression on the NJ near the George Washington bridge in not realistic. In reality, the spans of the bridge go right to the top of the Palisades (small mountain range). My patch addresses this scenery issue.

Walter

Hi Walter,

I now understand what you mean. I am too busy right now to fiddle with this issue at this time, but I will keep it on my agenda for later. Eventually I wll be back some time with this.

Thanks for your patience and ciao

Peter