error message by starting the CRJ manager

Grandpa

Hey all,

when I start the CRJ Manager i always receive the attached error message. What has gone wrong. I reinstalled the CRJ several times, but without any success. The CRJ-Tutorial cannot be loaded. Please help.

Please login to display this image.

Regard

Peter Timm

The CRJ was released for three different platforms (flight sims).  May I kindly ask which flight sim you are running?  If you are running P3DV3 or P3DV4, did you install the Legacy versions of SimConnect?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hallo Peter,

looks like a problem with simconnect and/or .Net. Usually simconnect is installed with FSX. You can check if there is an entry in Windows under "Programme und Funktionen".

Strange thing is that it refers to the Prepare3D simconnect. So something seems to be messed up with your installation.

Also you can run the attached Microsoft Tool to check your .NET installation for any errors.

NetFxRepairTool.zip

Hi mopperle,

thank you for your answer. There is no entry named "simconnect in my Windows. And running the "NetFxRepairtool.zip" had no success, sorry. What can I do now?

Regards

Peter

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you have also P3D installed? Because of  this part of the error message:

If not you somehow messed up ypur system and you might try a repair installation of your FSX

Here a description how to:

https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/SP2-DE-ReadMe.aspx

Hi,

no, I never installed the P3DV3 or V4. I dont know how it is possible that this message refere´s to that Simulator. - I didn´t found a suitable tip for my Problem in the attached repair instructions. Are there more than one Versions of the CRJ for download available?

Gruß

Peter

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Peter,

have you by any chance chance managed to select "P3Dv4" as target platform during installation of the CRJ?

If so the installer installs a version of the CRJ Manager, which requires the P3D SimConnect to be installed.

In all other cases another version of the CRJ Manager will be installed, which requires the FSX SimConnect to be installed.

So for me it looks you did something wrong during installation by selecting "P3Dv4" as target platform.

If what Tom said doesn't resolve things, then I suppose it could also be a SimConnect issue.  They aren't really common, but they aren't all that rare either.

You can reinstall them easily enough by following the SimConnect instructions in the thread below.

Hi,

thank you very much for your answers. I reinstalled the CRJ ver. 1.0.1.1 again and watched very carefully that the right Checkbox "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" is marked. However without any success. And DaveCT2003 what exactly must I do from this thread?Please help me. Thank you.

When I click "Weiter" in that error message then the attached new message appears. May be that helps you.

Regards

Peter

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please tell us the exact filename of the installed CRJ Manager. You will find the executable (.exe) here:

• Sim Base Folder\Aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\

Having two or more people give you tech support may sound like a good idea, but often it can be confusing.  Tom is terrific at support, and I'm going to let him help you instead me having you go down a second path.  Besides, he's German and I don't speak/read German, while he can read the errors right away.  If it turns out that Tom thinks you should reinstall SimConnect, he is plenty capable of helping you to do it.

Tom.. sorry for having jumped in my friend.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dave, no problem at all ;) 

Just FYI: it is not a problem of the installed SimConnect but that the CRJ Manager is explicitly asking for the LM SimConnect. There are two versions of the CRJ manager available: one for 32bit systems which connects against the standard SimConnect, and one for the currently only supported 64bit system (P3Dv4) which connects explicitly against the 64bit LM SimConnect.

The error message above states that the Manager can't connect to the LM SimConnect, which means that the P3Dv4 version of it seems to be installed. 

Let's wait and see if this is getting proven by the filename.

Hallo TomA320,

danke für die Möglichkeit Deutsch zu "sprechen". Mein English ist schon etwas angestaubt, weil sehr alt. Also die Datei lautet: "CRJ Manager.exe", "Typ Config Datei" "229 Bytes" und befindet sich in: C:\Programme (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Aerosoft/Digital Aviation CRJ/. Vielleicht hilft es uns ja weiter. Danke.

@Dave: Thank you very much for your understanding words.

Regard

Peter

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hallo Peter,

kein Problem, wir können gerne auf Deutsch weiter machen.

Was das Problem angeht: Du scheinst die richtige Version des Managers installiert zu haben. Damit hat sich meine Theorie nicht bestätigt. Ich werde Hans mal auf diesen Topic aufmerksam machen. Vielleicht hat er da eine Idee die ich noch nicht hatte.

@Grandpa

Es sieht so aus, als ob die Dateien falsch bezeichnet sind. Warum?

Siehe mal mein Bild von meiner FSX-Installation und benenne Deine Dateien mal um. Orientiere Dich auch an den Dateigrößen.

Warum die Index-Datei bei Dir nicht erscheint, ist mir auch schleierhaft.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hallo Hoffie. Keine Sorge, da ist alles ok auf Granpas System. Er hat halt lediglich "bekannte Dateieindungen nicht anzeigen" aktiviert in seinem Windows.

Hallo,

allen, die mir helfen wollen, erst einmal herzlichen Dank.

Nun weiß ich eigentlich gar nichts mehr.

@ Tom: Ja, wenn ich im Explorer die Datei "CRJ Manager - Anwendung" anklicke dann erscheint diese Fehlermeldung.

Gruß

Peter

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gibt es hier evtl. irgendeinen anderen Benutzer der ebenfalls ein reines FSX System hat, auf dem niemals P3D installier war und dieses Problem ebenfalls beobachtet?

Is here any other user around who also have a pure FSX system (with never ever having P3D installed on it) who encounters the very same problem?

Hallo Tom,

sag' mal, ist es wirklich so selten, dass ich nur den reinen FSX betreibe. Was wird denn von den meisten Simmern für eine Kombination bevorzugt. 

Zum Problem: Wenn ich im Explorer die Taste "CRJ Manager" klicke, dann funktioniert das einwandfrei. Wenn ich diese Taste aber auf den Desktop kopiere und dann anklicke, dann erscheint diese blöde Fehlermeldung.

Gruß

Peter

Archived