weird sound behavior after installing Eurowings ATR

jscharpf

I just purchased the Eurowings commuter airliners package (FS9).

After installation, for some reason I can no longer hear FDC commands. The key combination of CTRL-SPACE now turns off my sound. I can't find this anywhere in FS assignments. (FS9 tells me this key assignment is available).

Even with a default plane, nothing else loaded, it's the same thing, CTRL-SPACE toggles sound.

Also, the frame rates are horrible but this is a second issue.

Anyone know how to determine where/how a certain key map is coming from?

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Are you referring to the FDC sounds or the FS9 sound that it turns off.

The FS9 Sound On/Off Assignment key can be found in the Key Assignments.

Image1.jpg

There's also a list of Hotkeys available for FDC in the Help document.

These can be checked and edited in FDC under the Hotkey Setup.

Thanks for the reply Shaun.

It looks like the FS9 sound. For some reason, whether I use the Q key or the CTRL-SPACE combo, it toggles sound.

Not a big deal except I don't know how it got there and FDC uses CTRL-SPACE as the "next checklist".

The only reason I'm concerned is that I've used FDC for a while, never saw this. After installing the Eurowings package, now I see this behavior.

In any event, I'm thinking of making the jump to FSX so I will end up throwing away all my addons for FS9 anyway lol..

Hey I see that Aerosoft was at Oshkosh!! Too bad I missed it. I live just up the road from there, and usually attend, but not this year.

I hope it was a good trip for you guys.

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Really seems strange this issue as I have all these installed and this isn't happening.

Try removing your fs9.cfg to a safe place and let FS9 rewrite a new on on restart to see if the issue remains.