Neal McCulough

musefan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/7/2018 at 12:44 AM, gazoeller said:

Keep on going Neal. It's only a short distance to go!:grouprespect_s:

Haha, I just have too much going on in real life. I'll get there eventually.

Moving off to Iceland

Please login to display this image.

Lining up on runway 10 at Kangerlussuaq

Take off

Climbing through 10,000 feet for FL390

Cruising at FL390, reaching the coast of Greenland

Descending through 26,000 feet

This is going to be unpleasant

And we're looking ok

Parked at gate 8 at Keflavic and to be perfectly honest I'm fed up of gates not lining up where they should be, and GSX not recognising them. I wouldn't mind if I was using an addon airport, but this is a default airport.

• 2 weeks later...

Where in the world are you Neal!!??

It's 28 April 2018, well over four months since the 80 day round the world rally ended on the stated ending date of 21 December!!  Yet we're still wondering where Neal is. Is Neal living or is he dead?  Why are we still hanging out and not finishing  an event over four (4) months past its' posted ending date??

I also have to ask what kind of event is this where an entrant is not eliminated despite being over four (4) months late for an eighty (80) day event which was posted as ending on 21 December 2017, not 2018??!!

Rupert

On 4/29/2018 at 1:53 AM, rupert said:

Where in the world are you Neal!!??

It's 28 April 2018, well over four months since the 80 day round the world rally ended on the stated ending date of 21 December!!  Yet we're still wondering where Neal is. Is Neal living or is he dead?  Why are we still hanging out and not finishing  an event over four (4) months past its' posted ending date??

I also have to ask what kind of event is this where an entrant is not eliminated despite being over four (4) months late for an eighty (80) day event which was posted as ending on 21 December 2017, not 2018??!!

Rupert

I'm currently in Iceland, with 2 more legs to fly. But the burning question is, why do you care Rupert? I'm not holding up proceedings. The event actually IS officially finished. It's finished for you, and anyone else that has completed it. I'm well aware of that. I'm also well aware that I missed the deadline. I'm not looking to lay claim to any prizes. I'm just continuing it on. We are not "still hanging out". No one is forcing you to post here. This is 2 or 3 times you've made such comments. Is it an insecurity thing with you? Do you somehow feel threatened that late-comers will bask in the same glory as the people who finished on time?

Not really Neal,

About once a fortnight or so I happen to notice nothing has happened here.  Being used to people shutting down sites with a lot more action than this, I just wonder why this one is still up?

As far as proceedings or recognition, that's never been an issue.  But this was a fun site for a few months.  There was so much inter-action, joking, etc. that It's sad to see it so dead!

Having said that I was just looking at a few other clubs.  CRJ was last used 01/13, Jet Lounge 2/18, Shared Cockpit 11/20/17, etc.  By those standards I suppose this site should be considered hot!!

That's Truly Sad!

On our second last leg now, off to my local airport, Dublin.

Ready to push back from gate 5

Take off from runway 19

Cruising along the south coast of Iceland at 23,000 feet. This is the altitude PFPX assigned me. Is this not very low for a 2 hour 30 minute flight?

Just starting our descent as we pass over Belfast International Airport

Lined up on final for runway 28 at Dublin

Landing

Back home for Ryanair. Parked at gate 107.

Would have liked to have had my Aer Lingus A320 back for this leg but hopefully it will be released soon. Also would like to have had Mega Airport Dublin upgraded. Ah well. 1 more leg to go and we'll be back at London Gatwick.

Final leg, to London Gatwick. I'm sure Rupert will be pleased.

Pushing back from gate 107 at Dublin

Taxiing out to runway 28

Take off to the west

Making a left turn at 3,000 feet

At our cruise altitude of 33,000 feet along the north coast of wales

Beginning our descent, just passing Birmingham

Turning onto our downwind leg at 3,000 feet

Fully configured for runway 08R at Gatwick

Landing

....and parked up for the last time. No idea what gate number we're at but it doesn't matter. We've finally completed the trip.

Really enjoyed taking part in this tour. Unfortunately a lot of personal issues got in the way and I wasn't able to stick to the schedule, but very enjoyable all the same.

A big thank you to Mathijs for organising it.

Welcome Neal!!

It's wonderful you were able to finish!!  I enjoyed your screen shots as well.

Sorry Sue Ling and I weren't there to greet you.  We got hung up at London City.  Hoist a pint of "Best" or a G&T on me for your safe return.;)

Rupert

On 30.4.2018 at 22:42, sideout sagte:

:funkychick_s: That's entertainment.... We're not leaving til everyone's back :lolsign_s:

That's the real spirit, sideout! :lolsign_s:

Congratulations Neal, you made it in time! Let's have a beer or some more at the bar.:cheers_s:

Gernot

• 2 weeks later...

Archived