FlightSim Commander or PFPX

CheapCharlie

Gentlemen, at the moment, I am using FSbuild for my flight planning needs.  FSBuild is not the most modern program and doesn't export to AS Airbus.  The user Interface is pretty basic and can be a little tough to get around.  I have been looking at Aerosoft's store website and caught my eye on FlightSim Commander 9.x and PFPX.  I played around with the demo version of FSC from Volker's website and was impressed.  I haven't seen the same for PFPX, thus I have a few questions.  

1)Essentially, what is the difference between Aerosoft's version of FSC and that available on FSCommader.com?  

2)As for capabilities, what advantages does PFPX give the user over FSC?  

3)Finally, FSC seems to give many helpful items like moving map which can double as an EFB as well as live weather/Metar Data from NOAA.  Can PFPX provide those capabilities?       

• Deputy Sheriffs

To answer your questions:

1. There is no difference except the license key. Means that when you down load the full version from the fscommander site you can not use a license key bouight from Aerosoft and vice versa.

2. Would say impossible to answer, as they are 2 totally different products. PFPX is a full blown flioghtplanning tool close to real life, with OFP, taking aircraft data into account and all that stuff, while FSC concentrates primarly on building a valid flightplan.

3. PFPX got no moving map.

I personally prefer FSC: easy to handle, very stable und excellent support through the dev via his own suppport forum (http://forum.simflight.com/forum/75-fs-commander-support-forum/). PFPX is for those who want to get as close as possible to the real thing, while most users are overwhelmed with is features and functions.

To get a detailed picture, a good idea is to read a bit through the forums.

3 minutes ago, mopperle said:

To answer your questions:

1. There is no difference except the license key. Means that when you down load the full version from the fscommander site you can not use a license key bouight from Aerosoft and vice versa.

2. Would say impossible to answer, as they are 2 totally different products. PFPX is a full blown flioghtplanning tool close to real life, with OFP, taking aircraft data into account and all that stuff, while FSC concentrates primarly on building a valid flightplan.

3. PFPX got no moving map.

I personally prefer FSC: easy to handle, very stable und excellent support through the dev via his own suppport forum (http://forum.simflight.com/forum/75-fs-commander-support-forum/). PFPX is for those who want to get as close as possible to the real thing, while most users are overwhelmed with is features and functions.

To get a detailed picture, a good idea is to read a bit through the forums.

+1

I have both and prefer FSC, it is more functional for both heavies and lights, I wish they could include the CRX flight planing in FSC,

plus the fact you can track AI or online players, where PFPX doesnt

Plus you have the ability to right click on the map and fly to option when AP is engaged

the only shortfalls FSC I can see is, no Dash 8 or CRX  flight plan saving abilities and It would be nice to elect to have sat imagery as a option for GA flying

I havent installed PFPX in a long time due to its labor intensive set up just for a a simple flight plan, I prefer the way FSC does it, but thats my choice

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 minutes ago, jeansy said:

I have both and prefer FSC, it is more functional for both heavies and lights, I wish they could include the CRX flight planing in FSC,

This will happen soon, I already tested it successfully. The dev is only currently working on another issue introduced by P3Dv4.

3 hours ago, mopperle said:

This will happen soon, I already tested it successfully. The dev is only currently working on another issue introduced by P3Dv4.

Nice, Its surely missed in FSC, I just with they can do something with the dash 8 but im know thats never going to happen

Gentlemen, thank you very much for your information.  Since I am only looking for a really good flight planner, I will pick up FS Commander at the Aerosoft Shop.  Also, I checked Volker's support forum, very informative.  He seems to be very good/through with his product support.  

Archived