Mega Airport Dublin update to Professional?

jason99vmi

Curious if Dublin is on the list of Professional upgrades.  Currently its not on the v4 compatibility list.  I've read Mathjis post on Professional upgrades for Mega Airports, unfortunately it says this "might" be done for all Mega Airports.  Creating a list of these professional updates would probably quell questions or adding them to the v4 list.

I would guess yes on this one, as they recently updated X-Plane version for version 11 compatibility.

It caught me unawares and my heart skipped a beat when I saw the announcement on the shop page.

3 hours ago, Jude said:

I would guess yes on this one, as they recently updated X-Plane version for version 11 compatibility.

It caught me unawares and my heart skipped a beat when I saw the announcement on the shop page.

I hope you're right, Jude. Dublin is one of my favorite places to fly into. I'd hate to have to revert to the default airport. Begging is not beneath me in this case... if it would help. :)

Dublin Airport is getting a new runway, so I don't think it would make much sense to release a new version at the present time. The new runway will be on the north side of the 2 main terminals, parallel to the existing runway 28/10. It will presumably be named 28R / 10L. Construction has already started on this project but I don't know anything about when it will be finished.

Ideally I'd like to see a compatibility update for Aerosoft's existing Dublin Airport soon, and a new version in the future, with the new runway.

• 3 weeks later...

id like to see an update for v4 now. that new runway won't be done until 2020, so aerosoft can redo it then again. 

On 9/19/2017 at 5:26 PM, nealmac said:

I don't think it would make much sense to release a new version at the present time. 

Ideally I'd like to see a compatibility update for Aerosoft's existing Dublin Airport soon, and a new version in the future, with the new runway.

Hi, my name is dean, I’m highly interested in a Dublin Airport for P3Dv4, I’ve seen a team has released Dublin 2.0 for XP11 which is great looking, but for p3D throughout the flightsim community Dublin is highly requested by the commmuntiy , I was wondering if you could tell if your team will be doing one for P3Dv4, I can gaurantree that the sales with be through the roof , it would makes 8-10 time more sales than your XP version, I’m will be glad to help where I can in the development if it happens ,hope to hear soon

sincerely,

dean 

Eagerly awaiting news on this myself. It's frustrating the way A.S simply aren't engaging with customers and saying if it's on the cards or not. The scenery is unusable in P3D so it was obviously constructed in an unconventional manner as most sceneries work more or less out of the box.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Since the release of P3Dv4 Aerosoft is telling over and over again, that All their 200+ are getting checked to be suitable for an update. This takes time and once Informationen becomes available it will be published here in the forums. 

So from the fact that you haven't heard anything about MA Dublin you can't derive anything else than the fact, that it hasn't been checked/decided yet.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you're saying but what I'm saying is that P3D V4 was release 4.5 months ago and Aerosoft still hasn't clarified the situation on MA Dublin. I don't really think that's fair given that A.S is already releasing paid upgrades for other products. 

If MA Dublin hadn't been developed in such a way that it wasn't forward campatible (in so far as a scenery title can be by conforming to the SDK) then it wouldn't be completely unusable now and we wouldn't be on here asking about it.

John

6 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Since the release of P3Dv4 Aerosoft is telling over and over again, that All their 200+ are getting checked to be suitable for an update. This takes time and once Informationen becomes available it will be published here in the forums. 

So from the fact that you haven't heard anything about MA Dublin you can't derive anything else than the fact, that it hasn't been checked/decided yet.

Tom

I would have thought Dublin would be quite high on the list to be converted, I have heard that Limesim have no interest in updating Dublin, can you confirm or deny this. 

Regards

joe

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, John Mc said:

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you're saying but what I'm saying is that P3D V4 was release 4.5 months ago and Aerosoft still hasn't clarified the situation on MA Dublin. I don't really think that's fair given that A.S is already releasing paid upgrades for other products. 

John, 

Please read my post again. I said 200+ add-ons need to get checked and validated for getting updated. A decision per airport is not done in minutes hour hours. That can take days... So multiply that with 200+ and you know why you haven't heard back for every single add-on. 

An again, there is nothing to derive from the fact that you haven't heard anything other than it hasn't been checked yet and no decision have been taken. 

Please refrain fro any other speculations. 

1 hour ago, knt280 said:

I would have thought Dublin would be quite high on the list to be converted, I have heard that Limesim have no interest in updating Dublin, can you confirm or deny this. 

Joe, 

There is nothing to conform or deny. Just read what I wrote (twice now). 

Informatiom on updates will be given once they become available. Not earlier and also not later. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived