Landing lights performance impact

Hi all,

I have noticed that whenever I turn on the landing lights, entering the runway for the take-off roll, the fps is dropping a lot, causing stuttering. If I turn off the lights again, the fps is high again. I have locked my monitor at 30hz so the result is very obvious. The weird thing is that I have dynamic lightning turned off. It happens even in daytime, again with DL turned off. Is there a solution to this? Currently I don't operate the landing+taxi lights because of this fps hit.

• Developer

Performance drops with dynamic lights are a Prepar3D v4 issue, not one with the CRJ. I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do to help you here (except recommending to turn off dynamic lights or to get a better video card... which are probably both things you don't consider to be very helpful).

As Hans stated before, DL is a fps hog in P3D v4 and it affects all "heavies" (like PMDG et al). Maybe LM will patch it sometime, they are aware of it. Load the Cup and then the CRJ and dont touch the DL. Your frames should be ok then.

Regards

Michael

But guys, I have already said three times. I have this problem without Dynamic Lights (option is un-ticked in P3D menu). I have tried to reinstall drivers, delete shaders, delete cfg. It still happens for me. 

Archived