SimBrief flightplans create Load Error

Hi.

Does anyone else have the probblem that loading flightplans created by SimBrief into the FMS lead to a Load Error message?

Is it necessary that the FMS and SimBrief are using the same AIRACS cycle?

Thanks,

Markus

For everyone with the same perblem: I think I could solve it. Apparently you do need to use the same Airac cycle in the FMS and on SimBrief. After updating both to the same cycle it seems to work without Problems.

Best,

Markus

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Schneepart said:

For everyone with the same perblem: I think I could solve it. Apparently you do need to use the same Airac cycle in the FMS and on SimBrief. After updating both to the same cycle it seems to work without Problems.

Best,

Markus

Well, tbh but this is not new, you always have to make sure that you use the same cycle for aircraft and flightplaning tool regardless of the aircraft you use.

5 hours ago, mopperle said:

Well, tbh but this is not new, you always have to make sure that you use the same cycle for aircraft and flightplaning tool regardless of the aircraft you use.

Not quite.

I use PFPX 1607 with PMDG NGX 1507, a very out of date airac and there are no issues whatsoever!

Perhaps PFPX compiles differently than Simbrief?

Different cycles are bound to cause issues along the line, while you may not see it certain airfields and areas have been through updates since 1607 (which is now 3 years old). You should always do your best to ensure the planning tool is using the exact same cycle as the aircraft. I understand not everyone can afford to update but it can make enjoying other areas such as online flying a real pain.

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 hours ago, herky20 said:

Not quite.

I use PFPX 1607 with PMDG NGX 1507, a very out of date airac and there are no issues whatsoever!

Perhaps PFPX compiles differently than Simbrief?

Your are wrong here, you where simply lucky that you didn't experience any issues. sometimes data dont change for years while at other airports they change very frequently.

I have the same issue of simbrief plans not loading. My sim is P3Dv4, I am using the same AIRAC cycle. I have noticed if I import the simbrief plan straight into P3d and via FlightPlanner function produce a NavLog and then input this into the CRJ FCMU manually that it frequently will not accept airways particularly if they end in a number. That is, I think, the cause of the load errors. There is some difference in the 2 databases.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The same AIRAC cycle is not enough to prevent such problems. All your tools also need to use the same navigation provider, i.e. either NavDataPro or Navigraph.

As far as I know all my tools use Navigraph. I do not know what database CRJ 700 is using. I have no issues with waypoints on a route; what makes me suspscious is that only airways ending in a number fail. Also, the end of the route waypoint is the same without the number! For example KPHX to KINW is a simple route along SILOW4 to SILOW, but I cannot input SILOW4 as an airway for some reason.

Archived