Aerosoft Lightning & Team SDB Binbrook vs Orbx.

Ecthaelion

Ladies and Germs,

Just a wee heads up.

If, like myself, you have been pulling your hair out in frustration over Team SDB's RAF Binbrook (and others) scenery incompatibility with Orbx England scenery In P3Dv4 please be calmed by this little tidbit....  It does work!

A friend recently informed me as to the "fix".

Really simple:

1.  Open the Orbx FTX Central program

2.  Select and click "Settings"

3. Under the Library Insertion point section select: "FTX Entries should be inserted below:" click the small down arrow then highlight the LAST UK addon scenery in your database.

4. Make sure that in: "openLC entries should be inserted below:" window FTX has is present.

5. Save

6. Close FTX Central.

7. Run your P3Dv4, let it redo it's database thing...

8. When you enter your chosen flight ....   Tadaaa your Team SDB Binbrook, Coltishall, Wattisham sceneries atc will be working just fine and dandy with no horrible cliffs etc in the terrain mesh.

Hope this helps.

Pls refer to the attached screenshot of my FTX Central.

Please login to display this image.

I tried that and, for me at least, it didn't work. However, one bit I picked up on the forums which may help is to rename the file EGXB_ADEX_SDB_ALT.bgl (in P3D/Scenery/World/Scenery) as apparently this is the one which controls the altitude of the airfield. I had already followed the instructions above so it may well be that it is a combination of the two which fixes the cliffs.

The scenery itself is superb - well worth more than the meagre amount asked for and I am really happy to have it working. I may well now buy other products from their range and see if this 'fix' applies to them as well.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. It worked last night for one flight, opened up the sim today and cliffs etc are back.

4 hours ago, Delta558 said:

EDIT: I spoke too soon. It worked last night for one flight, opened up the sim today and cliffs etc are back.

Sounds like you need to be flying one of my hang gliders :glider_s:

2 minutes ago, wingman5 said:

Sounds like you need to be flying one of my hang gliders :glider_s:

The updraughts from these could probably have your hang glider out-climbing your Lightning :lolsign_s:

If anyone is interested I can send on a PM basis an edited version of RAF Binbrook I made that was originally made by Ted Harrison with Ted Andrews buildings.

I found that the frames are better, buildings are more realistic etc. I also compiled my own traffic files for it, so if anyone would like a peak give me a shout.

Unfortunately the ICAO is X4BB but that is the only thing that is an issue. I may need to tweak traffic a little to get 5 squadron traffic on it.

Otherwise, works fine on P3D V4.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem in FSX but after installing Team SDB's RAF Binbrook "End Of An Era" Scenery, it turns out like this... The original "Lightning Strikes" Binbrook is fine. Can anybody shed some light on why it is happening? 

The Scenery i have installed is ORBX FTX Global Base and also have FTX England installed. It happens with either installed. TIA 

Hi Ash, when/where did you download the scenery? I've just had a look on FSPilotShop and they show that a patch was released on September 12th that fixed a missing texture.. I'm no expert on scenery but maybe worth a try..

https://www.fspilotshop.com/team-sdb-raf-binbrook-end-era-for-fsx-p3d-p-6678.html

I used to run the SDB "Lightning Strikes" scenery but found the ILS was a pig for some reason so I switched to the scenery by Ted Harrison, I'd be interested to know what differences or modifications there are in the end of an era scenery?

C.

PS. What platform are you running on?

Ash, you may be experiencing the same issue as explained at the beginning of the post.  Try setting your Orbx stuff  as per the instructions above, be interesting to see if that works.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, zsoltquack said:

Hello, I bought RAF Binbrook End of Era here:  https://www.fspilotshop.com/team-sdb-raf-binbrook-end-era-for-fsx-p3d-p-6678.html

but here the texture problem! I use FSX/FTX Global/UK Any idea?

The FTX is turning off, the anomaly is resolved!

• 7 months later...

The first post here does the trick - with one extra point, as specified earlier in this thread.

You have to lose the Team SDB altitude correction file from scenery\world\scenery.

I've done this for both Binbrook and Coltishall, and it works perfectly for both.

Dave

One more sniff on the Team SDB Binbrook.

If you remove the static BGL from the scenery folder, there are plenty of AI parking spots available -- however, they're nearly all less than seven metres in width and John Young's AI Lightnings are all set to a width of seven metres.

Deep joy.

Dave

Archived