SID / STAR or CIRCUIT OUT / IN

Hello,

Is there a point to enter the SID / STAR on the OFP?

For some airports like EMGC (STAR GEGMU1G) and other airports in the UK it would be advisable to do so due to to the lenght of the STAR (about 145 Nm) and also level constraints to get a precise fuel calculation.

On most airports I would rather prefer to leave the SID / STAR blank and instead enter the CIRCUIT OUT / IN distance.

Lets take LEAS SID Rwy 29 AMAK1F. If you enter that SID on the OFP you get an extra distance of 2.3 Nm compared to DCT AMAKA which is wrong.

If you measure the real lenght of that SID with this 10 DME Arc for about 180° you'll find an extra distance of about 29 Nm compared to the DCT.

In such a case I do not enter the SID but CIRCUIT OUT: 29. I do not feel there is a need to have few lines on the OFP showing AMAK1F which are no use anyway as when you follow a SID you do not look at the OFP. Another very important point is that if you enter the SID instead of the CIRCUIT OUT distance you'll be short of petrol in your calculation.

However when you enter the SID in the FMS everything is correct so it is not a NAVIGRAPH fault.

Is it a logic in PFPX not to show the precise SID / STAR distances, I do not know.

Any ideas?

Regards,

JP

Please login to display this image.

4 minutes ago, Amit240 said:

You should ask NAVIGRAPH or AEROSOFT NAVDATA developers as this is not PFPX problem, this is how the navdata is.

If you look at the Ops post you can see the leg distances of the SID, this total is not carried forward to the flightplan route distance as indicated.

2 hours ago, Amit240 said:

You should ask NAVIGRAPH or AEROSOFT NAVDATA developers as this is not PFPX problem, this is how the navdata is.

I am not sure it is a NAVIGRAPH fault as the FMS is correct and it is from the same origin (I think JEPPESEN).

Than what is the problem if it is the same?

I don't think there is something to do with what you are asking. again try to contact Jeppesen or Navigraph your data providers and ask them.

Hello Amit240,

I think you misunderstood my posts.

Jeppesen is supplying Navigraph and other providers with raw datas for FMS, Flight Planners, etc and it is then coded to suit each individual software.

The datas used are the same than RW and It is why I am wondering, as the PFPX and FMS data supplier being exactly the same, how SID /STAR with PFPX do show shorter distances than the FMS (or the charts) and especially with ARC DME procedures.

Quite some years ago (RW) on the OFP we were not entering the SID / STAR but instead the longest distances of the SID / STAR (or some extra time) to make sure the fuel calculations were right and my question was: Should we do the same with PFPX, instead of entering SID / STAR, should we enter OUT / IN to have the exact distance to get accurate fuel results.

Regards,

JP

Archived