How do I make my repaints installable through the livery manager?

CaptainJosephHD

Hi All, 

I have recently been repainting the Gatwick BA fleet for the A320 and A319, but I cannot for the life of me get it to install to FSX through the livery manager. I put it into a ZIP file and go through the steps to install, but, I just get this....

http://prntscr.com/gj0yai

And it doesn't install anything into the CFG or the texture into the liveries folder. 

Can anyone offer some assistance, or link to a tutorial for this? Knowing me....probably something I have missed :lol:

Cheers.

Can you please copy and paste your repaint's aircraft.cfg entry.  That will give us more information for troubleshooting.  That being said, your attached screenshot seems to indicate the cfg entry is not complete.  Also, it looks like you don't have a thumbnail picture (JPEG format) in your texture folder.      

The most part of the issue has now been solved, I just needed to change the way I zip up the file. However, the aircraft still will not install.

This is the aircraft.cfg taken directly from the readme of an aircraft that works perfectly when installed manually.

[FLTSIM.XX]
title                    = Airbus A320 British Airways G-GATH
sim                    = A320
model                    =
panel                    =
sound                    =
texture                    = G-GATH
kb_checklists                = AirbusA321_check
kb_reference                = AirbusA321_ref
atc_id                    = G-GATH
atc_airline                = British Airways
atc_flight_number            =
ui_manufacturer                = Airbus
ui_type                    = A320-232 IAE
ui_variation                = British Airways
ui_typerole                = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby                = Aerosoft
atc_parking_types            = GATE, RAMP 
atc_parking_codes               = BAW, BAER
description                = British Airways Airbus A320-232 series aircraft. G-GATH is based at London Gatwick operating the shorthaul, British Airways routes, to Europe. Repaint by Joseph Messore 

Captain Joseph, please verify your texture file is in a zipped format.  *.RAR formats do not work.  Also, your included configuration file that contains the above information should be a notepad file labeled readme.txt  

Finally, I found that the readme.txt file works best when there is some text above and below your main entry.  Here is an example from the Air Canada A321 NEO project I collaborated with.  Try using this as a template and tell me how it works:

Place the texture folder in your  FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A321 CFM folder and then open your aircraft.cfg file and copy and paste the below text into the livery section, changing the xx to whatever the next number in the sequence is.  That is it!  Thanks for downloading. 

[FLTSIM.xx]
title                    = Airbus A321 NEO Air Canada 1991
sim                    = A321
model                    = SHARKLET
panel                    =
sound                    =
texture                    = AC90NEO
kb_checklists                = AirbusA321_check
kb_reference                = AirbusA321_ref
atc_id                    = C-GITU
atc_airline                = Air Canada
atc_flight_number            = 578
ui_manufacturer                = Airbus X
ui_type                    = A321-111 CFM
ui_variation                = Air Canada 90's
ui_typerole                = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby                = Aerosoft
atc_parking_types            = GATE 
description                = Aerosoft Airbus A321 NEO CFM - Air Canada 19901\www.aerosoft.com\Repaint by Ray Reyes and Gavin Parmar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not re-upload without my permission.  This is freeware and there should never be a charge for it.

Archived