Scenery.Cfg Editor

Arndt777

Hello,

I try to arrange a specific order of my sceneries by the Scenery.Cfg Editor. But then after saving this specific order, there are happening changes without any action by myself. Orbx sceneries always come up to the top of the order. And the order of Add-on.xml sceneries is changing too without any action by myself. 

What can I do to constantly save a specific order of the sceneries?

Kind regards

Arndt

• Developer

That is a very good question. Since add-on.xml files are born they are working with insertion points. Meaning you are having a vanilla scenery.cfg with "old" entries and two sceneries can have the same prio because both are having he same insertion point. At the moment it looks like must take it as it is. Its not a SIMstarter NG related issue from my point of view.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same intention as Arndt, thus I inserted several spacers via Simstarter that are country specific (e.g. Germany, USA, Spain). But all the xml-programmed addons switch their priorities irrespective of this order the next time I re-start Simstarter. I have no idea how to force all insertion points into my favourite order.

With the OrbX products it is slightly different. You can fix the insertion point by yourself via FTX Central. So at least I was able to force all FTX sceneries under a designated "FTX" spacer.

A constant order of our sceneries according to our likes seems not to be possible at the moment.

Christian

On 23.9.2017 at 15:08, Chevy sagte:

I have the same intention as Arndt, thus I inserted several spacers via Simstarter that are country specific (e.g. Germany, USA, Spain). But all the xml-programmed addons switch their priorities irrespective of this order the next time I re-start Simstarter. I have no idea how to force all insertion points into my favourite order.

With the OrbX products it is slightly different. You can fix the insertion point by yourself via FTX Central. So at least I was able to force all FTX sceneries under a designated "FTX" spacer.

A constant order of our sceneries according to our likes seems not to be possible at the moment.

Christian

That's a limitation of the add-on.xml method. It takes over priorities over the default files, not only scenery.cfg but also files of other categories such as effect.cfg, sound.cfg etc.

It is explained by Simbol very well here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/519813-alabeo-and-possibly-carenado-issues-with-add-onxml-method-p3dv4-missing-some-soundsactions/

It does also apply for sceneries. I had strange effects when I wanted to insert traffic.bgl files using the add-on.xml method. This method is indeed intended for developers only and not for users. I am back using the traditional method for everything that has to do with the scenery.cfg. No problems since then.

Cheers

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Archived