CRJ v1.0.1.0: Frame rate dropped drastically.

Dear:

In all previous versions of CRJ's, the plane flew smoothly like a charm in my fsx acceleration. But now in this v1010, everything moves in steps!

Why? The plane is hardly flyable. Please help.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

We have addressed the troubleshooting steps for this in the forums (search the CRJ forum for either "performance" or "frame", I've provide a few of them for you and some consolidated things to do.

If you haven't already I would do the following in the order presented before re-starting FSX or P3D/

- Wipe and then update your graphics drivers (see theads above).

- Delete your FSX.CFG or Prepared.CFG (I'm not sure what Sim you're running and you didn't tell us).

- Delete your Shaders (Google FSX Delete Shaders, P3D Delete Shaders, or Prepared Delete Shaders).

Best wishes.

Dear Dave:

Thanks for your reply.

I mentioned in my post that I use FSX Acc. By the way, my OS is Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

1. I don't update/work with my NVIDIA matters. So I'm ignorant about it. Please tell me how to wipe and update.

2. What are shaders and how to delete them?

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

It must be mentioned that none of these troubleshooting steps had been required for any preceding version of the CRJ, including version 1.0.0.5(c). And that no other addon plane requires these steps, either.

Whatever has crept into the code of version 1.0.1 has to be identified and corrected.

Dear Captain Snowflake:

That's right!

1. I'm not sure whether I deleted or not the previous installers. How can I get them back by chance I deleted them?

2. I use FSX Acc. in Windows 7 pro 64-bit.

Thanks & regards,

Haseen Ahmad

Bangladesh.

Just call me Oliver ...

Previous installers are not available anymore and anyone who has archived one of them isn't allowed to share it due to copyright issues.

The so-called 'experimental hotfix' is still available here, but I am not sure whether or how it works with version 1.0.1 and I can't tell, unfortunately, whether that file alone can improve the performance of the CRJ.

Your best bet IMO is that you still can retrieve version 1.0.0.5 and add the 5c hotfix to it.

Haseen,

the full installer is available to you only if you haven't deleted it yet. It could still be in your downloads folder, or maybe you moved it to an archive or created a backup of it?

The hotfix is available under the link I posted. Just go there and download the hotfix from Hans' post here in the Aerosoft forum.

11 hours ago, Captain Snowflake said:

It must be mentioned that none of these troubleshooting steps had been required for any preceding version of the CRJ, including version 1.0.0.5(c). And that no other addon plane requires these steps, either.

In performing technical support for many different customers, with countless variations of flight sim software installed, different interpretations of what they're seeing and different knowledge levels it is always best to start at the ground floor.  There have been many customers who have benefited directly from the advice that we have been providing and are today enjoying the product trouble fre (except for the known issues).

While there may be something that is causing a frame rate loss, many customers are actually reporting issues with outdated graphics drivers, config files, and corrupt secondary software. Moreover, reported like above are coming in from people who never had previous versions of the CRJ as we add hundreds of customers each day - though it's difficult to keep track of who is who in the forums.

The people performing technical support aren't just throwing stuff out. It's a tremendously difficult job that most would fail at.

So... a little respect please for our efforts to help our customers, and remember that a single perspective is always the wrong one.

6 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

(...) Moreover, reported like above are coming in from people who never had previous versions of the CRJ (...)

Dave,

no disrespect, but pls. take a look at Haseen's opening post once more (accentuation is mine):

22 hours ago, haseen said:

Dear:

In all previous versions of CRJ's, the plane flew smoothly like a charm in my fsx acceleration. But now in this v1010, everything moves in steps!

Why? The plane is hardly flyable. Please help.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

Guys, one thing I haven't mentioned that may likely improve overall performance on your system is that if you have a 4 core Intel processor, please try running without Hyperthreading and no Affinity Mask tweak.  I've mentioned elsewhere that if you're using NVIDIA Inspector, try going back to default settings as well.

This is not CRJ troubleshooting, this is system improvement.

My very best wishes.

Archived